Useful links missing in most forum themes

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
gregster

Useful links missing in most forum themes

04 Mar 2019, 02:36

It is not a big issue, but I noticed that the links to download the latest version, forum FAQ (edit: this is actually there), tutorial, Discord chat and the docs, which we used to have at the top of the forum before the phpBB update, are now missing in all themes except Simplicity.

At the moment, I usually use a hotkey to bring up the docs, but I regulary used at least that link in the past. The links were also useful for checking the current version number and downloading new versions (ok, this doesn't change much at the moment ;) ) and I sometimes referred to them while answering questions from new users...

I would be thankful if they could be added again, but it is not urgent. Thanks for reading!
joedf

Re: Useful links missing in most forum themes

26 Mar 2019, 09:53

So what happened is probably...
the update, we cleared the original themes. Then I restored simplicity and updated a bunch of times.
Digi themes were added, dont know why.
Topbar changes lost in prosilver and subsilver2.
The discord is actually new, I only added it simplicity because I saw it was the only one with a modified topbar.

Which theme are you using? I can't keep updating all Digi themes... it's just too much :(
Most forums only have maybe 2 themes, light and dark?
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
gregster

26 Mar 2019, 10:28

Thanks for the feedback, joe! I used a dark theme already before the forum update - I think it was the same like now, the plain "Digi" - the others have some odd color choices.

One dark theme would be enough for me - if the colours are not totally off ;) Personally, I can live without the links, but yeah, for newer users or to be able to point to them, they can be handy. (But if they would be there, I would probably use them like I used to - especially when I have the hand on the mouse anyway, instead of my corresponding hotkeys.)

So, I won't insist on these links or the whole number of dark themes... it's more like a feedback because they disappeared.
joedf

26 Mar 2019, 12:03

No worries! I update the base Digi and it updated all of the other ones! :D
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
gregster

29 Mar 2019, 00:51

And links are gone again... something to do with the recent webserver outage?
tank

29 Mar 2019, 01:05

Yep it's my fault I thought a 4 day old backup was recent enough. Joe do you possibly have local backups of the work you did
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
joedf

29 Mar 2019, 08:49

ERRRRR :crazy: no, but I can just remake the change. no biggie :D

EDIT: did you change the auth methods? I can't remote it, it's gotta wait till get home I guess. Is it ssh key only? I'm not really feeling the virtual console... :/
tank

29 Mar 2019, 11:03

Didnt change anything about auth
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
joedf

29 Mar 2019, 11:51

sshd_config reset or something... It's okay I got around it. I changed it temporarily and reverted it right after.
Updated digi! :+1:

Return to “Forum Issues”