Updating posted code

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
WeedTrek

Updating posted code

24 Mar 2019, 17:33

ok it's been a while... it's actually been a decade. So, I've added some new reverb controls and stuff to my script and can't remember the best way to update the post! Do I simply edit the original post and upload the required files again? Thanks for bearing with me, I feel like a noob all over again :dance:
My Weed Trek video archive: http://weedtrek.ca
Nextron

Re: Updating posted code

24 Mar 2019, 18:21

Recently there've been a lot of new user accounts that post legit messages to get through approval and then edit it to include spam. Also some users delete their message after they've gotten their answer. To combat that, accounts with only a few posts aren't allowed to edit their posts.

Until you have sufficient posts, you can only posts a reply with updated code. If you want I can add a line to your first posts mentioning updated code it posted below.
WeedTrek

25 Mar 2019, 04:34

No thank you, I decline, Nextron. The inference made with "I feel like a noob again" was that I FEEL like one, not that I am one. I'd rather not be made to feel like I must re-earn the trust of people here, it's kind of the other way around in my opinion. Let me explain:
I'm Aaron Bewza ... the guy who made hundreds and hundreds of valid posts about many things, almost a decade ago. I built "Aaron's Sonar Mp3 Patch" back then: https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/66927-aarons-sonar-mp3-patch-v564/

The site got hacked not long after that, so nothing was accessible and I could not sign in again... ever. That was long before you joined.
Nobody helped me fix my account because they were too busy with the hack, which is understandable. Then I almost died, so I did other things for a long time. Could you re-activate my old account instead of asking me to "prove myself" again? I still remember the password after all this time but it's never worked. If not, that's cool I'll just walk away again I don't really care about trivial things anymore.

You didn't tell me how many posts are "sufficient".
You know what? I think the Windows Speech script I posted is good enough for people here (if they're interested) without an adjustable reverb control and a cool Hal9000 animated gif in it (I used Anigif just like 8 years ago). If you don't want me upgrading it because other people MIGHT be idiots, good for you, feel that power.

You don't have to go out of your way to add your line to my post which I'd have to fix back anyway, wouldn't I have to delete the comments I used to announce updates of my script too? Then you'd give me trouble about deleting messages like you told me spammers do! It's good the way it is and so it shall stay. Or delete it, you have all the power, boss. Yah I'm a prick but I'm not a f****ing spammer, man.
gregster

25 Mar 2019, 06:47

This forum was created in late 2013 (see here for details) on the ahkscript.org domain as a forum alternative to the increasingly bug-riddled forum on the autohotkey.com domain, but was later re-united with it - that means, the forum from ten years ago, that you remember and were a member of (like many of us), is now defunct and only available as an archive.

So, if you didn't create an account since then (what seems to be the case), there is no account named aaronbewza on this forum (we all had to re-register here in September 2013 or later, so it has nothing to do with the hack of autohotkey.net in 2012).
nnnik

25 Mar 2019, 07:08

Yeah until you have passed a specific amount of posts you will count as a forum newbie as far as the forum software is concerned.
Sadly there is no way around this. Until you have done that many posts we sadly cannot make you a non-newbie.

To work around the current situation though you could post your code below and a moderator or administrator could update your initial post.
I also think that the practice of sharing scripts like that is kind of bad - it relies on users being able to edit posts which is in no way guaranteed.
We need to find a better solution for this.
Recommends AHK Studio
WeedTrek

25 Mar 2019, 17:56

Yes I understand. I'll go make some chatter :) dig up some people from before etc... thanks very much, awesome

Return to “Forum Issues”