login problem

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
wa0goz

login problem

30 Apr 2019, 16:27

I can't get into AutoHotkey with my username and password. I've tried re-registering but It won't let me. I just logged in with a password you sent me but I can't figure out how to change it to a real one. I've been trying for days and when I try to reset my password with a different one, I get a message that says that password has been used before. I would appreciate some help with this problem, particularly what to do or have a guru fix mp problem.
Thanks and please let me know what to do. Henry USER ID wa0goz email [email protected]
gregster

Re: login problem

30 Apr 2019, 16:30

Try the User Control Panel > Profile > Edit account settings, like I explained here:
https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=64126&p=274805#p274806

Again, I would remove your e-mail address from your publicly visible post... I've have removed it once for you, now you are responsible if you get new penpals.
gregster

30 Apr 2019, 16:36

Where is the problem? The user logs seem to indicate that you actually changed your password twice yesterday after receiving temporary passwords...

https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=reg_details

The place to change your password should look similar to this:
UCP.png
UCP.png (243.53 KiB) Viewed 2639 times

30 Apr 2019, 19:10

It wouldn't let me register, it said I was already registered. When I changed my password it looked just like the picture in your post, but when I tried to activate it, it said the password was already in use. I did change my passwords twice yesterday, but I couldn't log on with either of them. It kept saying username and password not right.
gregster

30 Apr 2019, 19:18

Perhaps one of the admins can see what the problem is - that's why I moved the request to forum issues...
wa0goz

30 Apr 2019, 20:37

Here are the results when I try to register or login.

Register

The username you entered is already in use, please select an alternative.
The entered email address is already in use.

Change password

You have specified an incorrect password. Please check your password and try again.
If you continue to have problems please contact the Board Administrator.
gregster

30 Apr 2019, 20:56

Why "Register"? Obviously you are already registered with the username wa0goz (that's a one-time thing)... you got to "login" instead (and there, there is no email address to enter, only your existing username and password; email you only needed for your initial registering).
It sounds like you are trying to register once again with your already registered username and email address - which cannot work. You should use the Login section at the top:

Login.png
Login.png (29.17 KiB) Viewed 2582 times

30 Apr 2019, 22:40

I can still not log in using my original password or any of the passwords I have tried changing to.

I get the following message:
You have specified an incorrect password. Please check your password and try again. If you continue to have problems please contact the Board Administrator.

How do I contact the Board Administrator?
gregster

30 Apr 2019, 22:47

Your original password should be invalid by now, as you got multiple new (temporary) passwords, as far as I can tell. Are you sure that you used the password change page in the correct way? You will have to type your new password, retype it and then, at third position, type your current password (that means, the last temporary password you got).

Here, in the 'Forum Issues' subforum, some admin should ideally see it soon.

There is also the 'Contact us' link at the bottom of each page (or https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/memberlist.php?mode=contactadmin). Please refer to this topic, if you use it.

Both ways can take a little while sometimes, especially if the admins have to investgate the issue (doesn't seem to be a common problem, afaik) - the whole forum team consists of volunteers, often with regular jobs, who will try their best to help you.

Ps: I don't know if it would help in your case, but perhaps try also the 'Delete cookies' link at the bottom of the page.
tank

01 May 2019, 10:43

Oh i see it but thousands of users have changed password without issues. the only additional thing that can be done is you can email [email protected] from the email address on your account with a password you want and i will manually update it
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter

Return to “Forum Issues”