Welcome and if you need help

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
rommmcek

Re: Welcome and if you need help

11 Apr 2015, 00:01

I'm prone to make misspelling! (never had English at school)
Spell-checker helps quite a bit!
Is there any way to include AutoHotkey commands and words into spell-checker with the "AutoHotkey" itself!

regards!
joedf

11 Apr 2015, 09:31

Welcome to ahkscript, rommmcek :)
The spell checker is with the browser, not the forum itself.
If you want "AutoHotkey", you can add it manually.
What is the web browser you are using?
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
rommmcek

25 Apr 2015, 00:14

I'm using foremost Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 10 under Windows 8.
Looking forward to hear the hint!

p.s.: just picking up the opportunity to convey my deepest veneration to all involved in AutoHotkey project!
joedf

25 Apr 2015, 09:45

Here ya go! For google chrome
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95604?hl=en
Find "Add a new word to the dictionary"

Cheers ;)
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
rommmcek

02 May 2015, 02:52

Thanks for answering even to an outlandish question of a layman!

I should'v known already after first answer, however was mislaid without your pinpointing!
I did it last week, ... manually?
If you want "AutoHotkey", you can add it manually.
Well only a few steps, for I'm probably not proficient enough with Loop, parse, StringSplit, Sort, etc. commands.
Other time consuming & laborious exertion of 583 items did AutoHotkey! (I bluntly made copy of keywords from AutoHotkey Help and pasted them to Google)
I feel exalted!

Many finest and most exquisite greetings to you and every one in AutoHotkey Forum!

P.s.: I finally figured it out, how to make those tidy boxes for quotes & codes!
Last edited by rommmcek on 02 May 2015, 23:38, edited 1 time in total.
_3D_

08 May 2015, 15:23

There was a forum with incompatible interface - please dont do this again.
AHKv2.0 alpha forever.
rommmcek

08 May 2015, 22:22

Hi!
If I did something wrong, I wasn't aware and certainly not on purpose!
But I did had problems to display http://ahkscript.org/boards3/ instead address became somehow http://ahkscript.org/boards/ with a consequent B404 error. Than I had to add the "3" manually!
Maybe because I wasn't logged in at first?
I was even going to ask you about that, but I had fallen asleep. Now it seems to work properly, except for the new site looks like not to support highlighting Ahk code or has different syntax so it is displayed falsely in old posts of ours named not in "red". (sorry for this awkward formulation)
I edited than my posts, to display code correctly and maybe I did something wrong at this occasion?
Sorry for possible inconveniences!

Thanks!
joedf

09 May 2015, 00:52

No sorry about this, I'll have the code box mod installed
jixiuf

22 Dec 2015, 21:35

I register ,but when I post Topic , it said I can not post topic with urls. why?
joedf

22 Dec 2015, 23:02

i think you need a minimum of 3-4 posts till you can do that?
I'm thinking maybe that tank changed that? :)
Helgef

27 Jul 2016, 08:21

Is there a way to have topics in which one has replied to, be marked in the topics list?

Regards.
joedf

30 Aug 2016, 14:53

Marked as read?! :?
PieLam

07 Oct 2016, 10:39

Hi all

Just wanted to say a few things & to ask a few 'noob' questions:
  • I consider myself a 'noob' even though I used the old AHK years ago. (I rarely used the forums though)
  • I too use Google Chrome as my main Browser. I'm a long time user of it (started using it in the 1990s.) I still keep IE around and use it when I have no other choice. No real political reasons, I've just grown accustomed to using Chrome & prefer it, is all.
  • For me, I found the history of AHK by fincs' post real informative & 'on time'. It gave me much needed clarity. Thanx fincs!! :thumbup: (After reading it, a lot of things fell into place.)
Noob questions:
  • Can I post a reply to any post rather than replying to the entire topic? If so, how?
  • I know how to do a basic quote, but how do you name the poster at the top of the quote?
  • Can I edit my post after I've submitted it? If so, how?
  • How do I subscribe to a topic so that I can get eMail notifications of new posts to that topic?
  • Is it possible to go to new posts in a particular topic? If so, how?
  • What does 'Bookmarking' a topic do?
Thanx in advance!
gregster

07 Oct 2016, 12:35

PieLam wrote:
  • I too use Google Chrome as my main Browser. I'm a long time user of it (started using it in the 1990s.) I still keep IE around and use it when I have no other choice. No real political reasons, I've just grown accustomed to using Chrome & prefer it, is all.
How were you able to use Google Chrome in the 90's ? It came out 2008...
PieLam wrote:
  • Noob questions:
    • Can I post a reply to any post rather than replying to the entire topic? If so, how?
    • I know how to do a basic quote, but how do you name the poster at the top of the quote?
    • Can I edit my post after I've submitted it? If so, how?
    • How do I subscribe to a topic so that I can get eMail notifications of new posts to that topic?
    • Is it possible to go to new posts in a particular topic? If so, how?
    • What does 'Bookmarking' a topic do?
  • You can answer single posts only in a sense that you can quote other posts. But you can't add your answer directly beneath an old post, if there are other posts in between.
  • You can create such a quote by clicking the "-button in the top right corner of the post you want to quote. Hit x to delete.
  • You can edit your posts via the pen symbol at the right top corner of your posts. At least it looks like that in my forum theme...
  • Hit 'subscribe topic' right at the top, above first post on page... but I think E-mail notifications are off at the moment (due to massive spamming). But it is possible that you can activate it again... someone will know... at the moment there are only notifications (bell symbol) at the top of the forum, I think.
  • In the board indexes there is written "Last post" behind each topic. Just hit the little arrow there and you go to the last post. Don't know if you can jump to the first unread, if there are several. I don't mind a little scrolling.
  • You can look at your bookmarks on your control panel. Just bookmarks for future reference...
[/list]
joedf

07 Oct 2016, 15:36

Thanks a lot gregster for such a concise answer.
:+1:
PieLam

10 Oct 2016, 11:35

gregster wrote:
How were you able to use Google Chrome in the 90's ? It came out 2008...

Short answer
: Obviously, I wasn't able to...

I only meant that I've been using it for a long time... I obviously forgot the year in which I started using it... During that time though, malware was becoming more & more prevailing, to me. So Chrome & FireFox were suggested over IE because of their increased security... Of course, things have changed since then, but since then, I've become a huge fan of Chrome! :D

Thanx for the reply, it was very much needed & informative! :thumbup:
sh00ter666

12 Oct 2016, 05:15

Hello, I don't k now whether my account is activated but I cannot create a new thread.

I tried while logged in and while logged out. As soon as I want to submit my post I get the nondescript message "take a break!!"...

End me.
joedf

12 Oct 2016, 08:22

Are you using a proxy or tor?

Return to “Forum Issues”