Welcome and if you need help

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
joedf

Re: Welcome and if you need help

24 Oct 2017, 16:33

Go ahead and bump. We have no rules on necro-posting either. :+1:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
someguyinKC

25 Oct 2018, 13:12

I've posted two new posts and I cannot find them anywhere. Is there a delay in posting them live?
thank you,

Someguy
Autohotkey-help

Hello, please I need with an autohotkey script.

21 Apr 2023, 20:04

Please I'm new to autohotkey script writing and I need help. I work with lmms daw on windows 10 and every plug-ins load via lmms is extremely big and never fit to screen, please I need an autohotkey script to correct this
gregster

Re: Hello, please I need with an autohotkey script.

21 Apr 2023, 20:12

Autohotkey-help wrote:
21 Apr 2023, 20:04
Please I'm new to autohotkey script writing and I need help. I work with lmms daw on windows 10 and every plug-ins load via lmms is extremely big and never fit to screen, please I need an autohotkey script to correct this
This is the 'Forum Issues' subforum. It's not about support for programming in the AHK language.

Please create a topic in one of the 'Ask for Help' forum sections (either for AHK v1 or v2, depending on what version you use) which are meant for programming help requests.
I would also recommend to describe your problem in greater detail. Most people probably have no idea what 'lmms daw' means, and how AHK could help you with that.
poa

26 Dec 2023, 19:44

Hi all - I'm a relatively new user, and was iffy about where I should post this suggestion. I saw @joedf 's post here about 'no rules against necro-posting' so I'm choosing to take it as a sign. First of all, I have to say I am a huge fan of what you are all doing with this software - it's an amazing tool and I cannot remember the last time I was actually excited about learning something new. Learning to code, for me, given my interests and tastes, is probably long overdue. I've always been pretty tech-savvy, and even more so, simply enjoyed it all-around, especially tinkering with computers and software. Well, discovering ahk was the push I needed to start. For that I am certainly grateful.

But what has impressed me the most, even more so than Autohotkey and its capabilities, potential and general coolness, is the sense of community I see driven by many of the 'founding members' and veterans of the site. Without invoking a golden campground rule, I'm not sure how best to articulate why I'm such a big fan of the code (ideological rather than programmatic) that I have seen expressed by prolific members of the forum numerous times other than it simply gives me hope that there are good people out there genuinely interested in 'leaving a place better than they found it.' I realize I am paraphrasing the mission statement here (maybe even misstating it) but it is a very possible end result wherever people come together sharing in common altruistic intentions and apparently living by honorable principles (at least from what I can see is conveyed throughout this forum). If my perception thus far applies to you (and accurately so), then hat's off to you.

I realize this has been a pretty random and long-winded rant. I originally came here to make a suggestion - very relevant to this section of the forum - but have been meaning to give some recognition where I believe that recognition is due. (and maybe got a bit carried away). Anyway, here's the portion that was initially the post in its entirety:

There are many a thread in this forum that have proven incredibly useful for a beginner like myself; however, these particular threads can span many pages. I think that a 'show/print all" button to display all the posts in a thread on a single page would be great, especially for the visually impaired, namely those visually impaired users who employ accessibility tools like readers to assist them in digesting all the text in a given thread (not to mention generally convenient for everyone else. If I am rehashing something that has already been tried, tested, and discarded or this topic has already been thoroughly discussed and dismissed, or worse if this is already an available function, then forgive me -- I did search across the forum, and more thoroughly, in the 'Forum Issues" section of the site, and did not see it addressed anywhere.

A bit of googling led me to this discussion where phpBB forum extension/mod developers address a request for this functionality by initially creating a mod :

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=556543

From what I've read, I believe it was first developed as a mod, and then eventually packaged as an extension when the forum no longer supported the former as newer versions of phpBB were released. Here's a screenshot of the extension in action:

https://www.phpbb.com/community/db/download/182856

(Note that the option is displayed as print all, but as is likely stating the obvious, what it actually does is open a printer friendly version of the thread with all posts displayed on the same page.) The extension is available in the "Customize" section of the phpBB site here:

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/print_all_posts_in_a_topic

And here is the repo for the same extension:

https://github.com/rmcgirr83/printallposts

Again, I am hopefully not beating a dead horse by bringing this up. It is just a friendly suggestion; and I think it could be a small, yet not trivial improvement in accessibility for some and user experience for many community members.

Anyway, that's my spiel - thanks for listening. Wishing everyone in the community a very happy (and safe) New Years.
Peter
AstraVista

17 Feb 2024, 05:01

I am fresh new to join this forum. and I am thinking what to do, and what to code.
Maybe sometime's later I expect to post my code here... :)

I posted a script in AutoHotkey v2 forum:
AstraVista

Return to “Forum Issues”