Why does every comment have to be reviewed?

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
M4verick

Why does every comment have to be reviewed?

19 Nov 2020, 00:06

I posted a question and tried to reply to the first person who responded. After I hit submit, it said my comment needed to be reviewed by a moderator first.

Is this because I am a new member? What is the point of this?? If my post or question can be posted right away without being reviewed by a moderator, what is the point of having my comment reviewed??

This does not make it very easy for me to carry on a conversation on the forums and get a quick answer to my question if every one of my comments needs to be reviewed. Please, someone shed some light on this.
gregster

Re: Why does every comment have to be reviewed?

19 Nov 2020, 00:20

Yes, it is mainly because you are new - restrictions will be lifted as soon as your account reaches certain thresholds. In your case, likely the quoting of other posts was the factor triggering the forum's safety procedures (that's because the quote feature has been frequently exploited by spammers in the past).

Please be patient until a moderator approves your posts - there is no need to post the same things multiple times.
It won't help - and it might actually slow down the approval process.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but these procedures greatly improved the usability of the forums for all users and significantly reduced the negative impact of spam attacks.
BoBo

Re: Why does every comment have to be reviewed?

19 Nov 2020, 02:00

@M4verick - In case you need an ad-hoc response (something a forum isn't really intended to provide), feel free to register at AHK's Discord Server (linked via the button at the menu above this thread) or click :arrow: here. Have phun :)

Return to “Forum Issues”