Composed private message disappears

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
zcooler

Composed private message disappears

23 Oct 2015, 09:45

WTF...did just lost everything I had composed for the last 30 minutes in some kind of update/refresh. Thanks a lot admins :cry:

EDIT: I posted in the wrong section...should have been in forum issues.
tank

Re: Composed private message disappears

23 Oct 2015, 11:21

None of the 3 of us have been making changes this morning
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
Exaskryz

23 Oct 2015, 13:02

Could you describe what you had happened? What kind of refresh or update did you experience? I wasn't on at the time of your post nor half an hour before it, I don't think, so I wasn't around to notice anything.

I have an add-on that can refresh a tab for me every X seconds or minutes. Sometimes I accidentally use that tab and navigate to a different website, such as AHK, and have my page refresh while typing something up. Could that have happened to you?
zcooler

23 Oct 2015, 15:26

Exaskryz wrote:Could you describe what you had happened? What kind of refresh or update did you experience? I wasn't on at the time of your post nor half an hour before it, I don't think, so I wasn't around to notice anything.
It was a browser tab refresh without me doing anything. It's peculiar cuz I have been written hundreds of PM's and it has never happened before without me doing anything.
Exaskryz wrote:I have an add-on that can refresh a tab for me every X seconds or minutes. Sometimes I accidentally use that tab and navigate to a different website, such as AHK, and have my page refresh while typing something up. Could that have happened to you?
I keep far away from those Auto-refresh plugins, just to avoid these mishaps. Has happened by mistake before of course, but this time I didn't do anything actively. I definitely did not touch Ctrl+F5 which is the keyboard combo for Chrome refresh or mouse. Hence I did thought some forum updates was in progress, but apparently not. Presumed something's up with the PM's, cuz a few of em was not delivered to me a week ago.
tank

23 Oct 2015, 16:17

I am sorry you had trouble but there really isnt likely to have been a change on the server. this site like most http sites is restful API. we dont open web sockets,
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
zcooler

23 Oct 2015, 17:17

Thanks tank!
Good to know. Just so annoying when working hard on a text and then it vanishes in a split second right before your eyes. Wasted time for sure. The current suspect is GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA which the task scheduler is running once every hour, which seems totally unnecessary.

//zcooler

Return to “Forum Issues”