Still no installation package and no window inspector

Discuss the future of the AutoHotkey language
john_c

Still no installation package and no window inspector

08 Apr 2022, 07:06

I know AutoHotkey is a free, community-driven software, so please, don't get me wrong.

But what is v2 development state? There was 2.5 months between beta 1 and beta 2, and just a week between beta 2 and beta 3. Now it is April, and there are already 5 months since beta 3 is out. I love improvements about the syntax, but there are still no installation package and no built-in "window inspector". Maybe they should be added so that more _average_ users can use v2 without those issues, something like beta 3.1?
SandyClams

Re: Still no installation package and no window inspector

08 Apr 2022, 09:16

v2 is beta software. Nobody is being told to use it with the expectation it is complete software. I'm sure an installer will appear eventually.

if you want the bells and whistles of the AutoHotkey v1 installation, namely the right-click menu and the file extension association, I've heard people recommend that you just install v1 normally and then replace the AutoHotkey.exe with the v2 version. I think it's even in the docs.

if you want to run Window Spy from your v2 tray menu, just put a WindowSpy.ahk inside your v2 directory to launch it. Something like
Launch v1 WindowSpy
tank

Re: Still no installation package and no window inspector

09 Apr 2022, 17:11

you are welcome to add functionality in pull requests in git
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter

Return to “AutoHotkey Development”