How to determine if a dialog box is a "file" dialog box?

Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
JnLlnd
GitHub: JnLlnd

How to determine if a dialog box is a "file" dialog box?

07 Jul 2014, 21:40

Hello,

Is there a safe way to tell if a dialog box (having class "#32770") is a file dialog box? By "file dialox box", I mean a dialog box containing a folders list, a file name text zone, a Save/Open/etc. button, etc.

Is there any control name (other than "Edit1") or hidden info that would be revealed by a DLLCall or other advanced commands that would assure this is file dialog box?

The goal is to test if a dialog box is a file dialog box before manipulating it to change its current folder.

Thanks!
:thumbup: Author of Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
:P Quick Access Popup Knowledge base
:ugeek: The Automator's Courses on AutoHotkey
Leefme

Re: How to determine if a dialog box is a "file" dialog box?

08 Jul 2014, 00:38

Why not consider the title of the window?
joedf
Facebook: J0EDF
Google: +joedf
GitHub: joedf

08 Jul 2014, 01:55

Good point.
JnLlnd
GitHub: JnLlnd

08 Jul 2014, 06:04

This is what I'm doing, checking window title. But, my freeware application becoming distributed in various countries, there is a wide variety of file dialog boxes titles in English, not to mention localized version of Windows. In my app, user can add and manage file dialog boxes. But, for some non-technical users, this is a concept hard to catch. I would prefer if I could detect it without having to rely on the window name.
:thumbup: Author of Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
:P Quick Access Popup Knowledge base
:ugeek: The Automator's Courses on AutoHotkey

Return to “Ask For Help”