if ErrorLevel
{
MsgBox, There was nothing to copy - Script exit initialized
ExitApp
}
StringMid, Byear, clipboard, 1, 4
StringMid, BMonth, clipboard, 5, 2
StringMid, BDay, clipboard, 7, 2
wb := ComObjCreate("InternetExplorer.Application")
wb.Visible := True
wb.Navigate("https://site.com/index.html")
IELoad(wb)
wb.Document.GetElementByID("bigyear").Value := BYear
wb.Document.GetElementByID("bigmonth").Value := BMonth
wb.Document.GetElementByID("bigday").Value := BDay
return
}

IELoad(wb)
{
	global
    If !wb    ;If wb is not a valid pointer then quit
        Return False
    Loop    ;Otherwise sleep for .1 seconds untill the page starts loading
        Sleep,100
    Until (wb.busy)
    Loop    ;Once it starts loading wait until completes
        Sleep,100
    Until (!wb.busy)
    Loop    ;optional check to wait for the page to completely load
        Sleep,100
    Until (wb.Document.Readystate = "Complete")
	Return True
}
Ideas? Thoughts? :(
Blackholyman

Re: COM error: 0x80010108

09 Nov 2017, 05:50

does it also say something like: "The object invoked has disconnected from its clients"?

if yes! then my take on it is that it is related to a change to a different trust zone.

It could be that, at least i know of IE destroying one COM object and Creating a new object as a result of the security that differentiates between trusted and untrusted zones.
Also check out:
Courses on AutoHotkey

My Autohotkey Blog
:dance:
Johana

09 Nov 2017, 07:06

Blackholyman wrote:does it also say something like: "The object invoked has disconnected from its clients"?

if yes! then my take on it is that it is related to a change to a different trust zone.

It could be that, at least i know of IE destroying one COM object and Creating a new object as a result of the security that differentiates between trusted and untrusted zones.
Hey B!

No idea what you just said. And yes, it does sayhh invoked has disconnected from its clients.. I've googled and tried the solutions suggested everywhere but it's not working.

I have a similar script running without problem. What do you mean with "between trusted and untrusted zones" and how can I fix this?
Blackholyman

09 Nov 2017, 08:31

let's assume your navigating from "about:Blank" to a "page on your intranet" or from a page on your companies intranet to i.e http://www.google.com you vil go from one security zone to another... this can make IE destory and recreate the COM object, you will not see this as it happens behind the scenes... giving you the error "disconnected from its clients"

I don't have a true workaround for this... but one thing you can try is to create the IE Object with a higher Integrity Level wb := ComObjCreate("InternetExplorer.ApplicationMedium") other then that you can try to recapture the IE object when you get the Error using try/catch and WBget()
Also check out:
Courses on AutoHotkey

My Autohotkey Blog
Johana

09 Nov 2017, 09:10

Blackholyman wrote:let's assume your navigating from "about:Blank" to a "page on your intranet" or from a page on your companies intranet to i.e http://www.google.com you vil go from one security zone to another... this can make IE destory and recreate the COM object, you will not see this as it happens behind the scenes... giving you the error "disconnected from its clients"

I don't have a true workaround for this... but one thing you can try is to create the IE Object with a higher Integrity Level wb := ComObjCreate("InternetExplorer.ApplicationMedium") other then that you can try to recapture the IE object when you get the Error using try/catch and WBget()
That gave me a new error. The class is not a valid class :(
Blackholyman

09 Nov 2017, 09:17

wb := ComObjCreate("{D5E8041D-920F-45e9-B8FB-B1DEB82C6E5E}") try that
Also check out:
Courses on AutoHotkey

My Autohotkey Blog

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”