v1 -> v2 Script Converter

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
guest3456

Re: v1 -> v2 Script Converter

08 Sep 2021, 09:01

AHK_user wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 05:41
At the moment I started testing more in detail for the code and adding more and more tests to verify the conversion.
Currently still finding errors in it.
yea, the Tests are an extremely important part of this project, make sure to keep adding them in as you test them. even if they seem like basic and trivial tests

AHK_user

08 Sep 2021, 17:17

guest3456 wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 09:01
AHK_user wrote:
At the moment I started testing more in detail for the code and adding more and more tests to verify the conversion.
Currently still finding errors in it.
yea, the Tests are an extremely important part of this project, make sure to keep adding them in as you test them. even if they seem like basic and trivial tests
Almost completed adding tests of all v1 ahk doc examples of the Window section!!!
Hard work, but the only way to detect the errors...

I have included the old tests from test.ahk into my test system. I find it easier to manage them this way.
guest3456

09 Sep 2021, 09:21

ok, i like yunit because sometimes it can give you information about where the test failed, like what line number. i wonder if they can be somehow combined. but whatever works for you. i leave those decisions to you, since you are the active developer right now.

AHK_user

10 Sep 2021, 13:29

guest3456 wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 09:21
ok, i like yunit because sometimes it can give you information about where the test failed, like what line number. i wonder if they can be somehow combined. but whatever works for you. i leave those decisions to you, since you are the active developer right now.
That is indeed usefull information, but it took to much time to add tests to tests.ahk, this should not be asking that much time, currently I just check if the converted code is equal to the expected code. If some code fails, I run it manually. I have added the line numbers in the statusbar (similar to our beloved Notepad)
AHK_user

18 Sep 2021, 08:41

Registry convertion added, all examples of the registry documentation are working now
JoeSchmoe

19 Sep 2021, 20:26

AHK_user wrote:
Thanks,The power of the repository in the palm of my hand!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You rock, AHK_user (and guest3456). So glad to see this important code moving forward.
guest3456

19 Sep 2021, 20:37

user Frankie started this converter many years ago on the old forum. i built on top of his foundation. and now AHK_user is doing amazing work building on what i did. community effort

Lorien

22 Sep 2021, 08:36

I just ran the converter on my scripts, and I have a few observations. Overall, the percentage of the code that did convert is amazing. I have code from 2009-ish (pre-1.1!!!!), so :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: . I will probably have to re-write some of my modules due to some of the breaking changes, and the fact that it was written before Objects.

• Loop statements frequently had the opening brace quoted when input uses One True Brace style.
    Spoiler
  • Gosub Hotstring, which is invalid in v2, not handled.
    Spoiler
  • A old-array to new in local statement ... not smart enough.
    Spoiler
  • Conversion of old assign operator is inconsistent. An example...
    Spoiler
  • Pause is not converted like Suspend.
  • SendRaw not converted.
  • Comment lines confuse the block enclosing logic. I moved and/or added a bunch of closing braces.
AHK_user

22 Sep 2021, 16:42

Lorien wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 08:36
I just ran the converter on my scripts, and I have a few observations. Overall, the percentage of the code that did convert is amazing. I have code from 2009-ish (pre-1.1!!!!), so :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: . I will probably have to re-write some of my modules due to some of the breaking changes, and the fact that it was written before Objects.
  • Loop statements frequently had the opening brace quoted when input uses One True Brace style.
    Spoiler
  • Gosub Hotstring, which is invalid in v2, not handled.
    Spoiler
  • A old-array to new in local statement ... not smart enough.
    Spoiler
  • Conversion of old assign operator is inconsistent. An example...
    Spoiler
  • Pause is not converted like Suspend.
  • SendRaw not converted.
  • Comment lines confuse the block enclosing logic. I moved and/or added a bunch of closing braces.
Thanks for the compliment. It is indeed a huge job.

And thanks for detecting some error conversions :D . Some of them are simple to solve, others are harder to figure out...

If it is possible, could you please provide me a simple short examples of fully working V1 script that demonstrates the error and a short description what it should do, this facilitates my work. A suggestion of the correct V2 conversion is also of course welcome. Not all conversions are easy or even possible, but I am starting to collect small examples that result wrong errors.

1. Loop = DONE
I'm little suprized that I did not encountered this error, should be fixed now.

2. Gosub Hotstring
It indeed does not work, any idea what the correct conversion should be like? The current convertor tries to changing the label into a fuction.
? Can you provide me a short example?

3. A old-array to new in local statement ... not smart enough.
I disabled at the array conversion at the moment for lines with local, static and global better to do no conversion than an fault one.
? Can you provide me a short example? I should think how to handle this, there is a danger that in large scripts where same name of variables is used, other problems will occur.

4. Conversion of old assign operator is inconsistent.
? Is this v1 code
? Can you provide me a short working v1 example?

5. Pause is now added into the conversion =DONE
The second parameter OperateOnUnderlyingThread is currently ignored
Two questions: How should this be converted and does somebody uses this?

6. SendRaw DONE

7. Comment lines confuse the bloc enclosing logic
=> Can you provide me a short example?
Lorien

23 Sep 2021, 06:53

AHK_user wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 16:42
2. Gosub Hotstring
It indeed does not work, any idea what the correct conversion should be like? The current convertor tries to changing the label into a fuction.
? Can you provide me a short example?
Short answer: I think you will probably need to generate a warning or error message. The Gosub and the hotstring it is trying to call are not in the same file.

Long answer: This is one of the things that will probably cause me to start writing my scripts anew. I'm not sure how I'm going to do it, yet. I run a single instance of AHK. On startup, it scans all of the included files for hotkeys and hotstrings, and builds pair of menus as both "help" and quick access. This line of code is in the menu handler for the hotstrings menu. I will have to wrap ALL of my hotstrings in functions in order for make this work. Do-able, but...

As for the example for the rest... I may have to sanitize the code, then send you a zip. It's kind of a mess that slowly grew over 12 years (another reason to re-write).
guest3456

16 Dec 2021, 15:50

work continues on this project, 2 new contributors on github

robodesign

16 Dec 2021, 18:42

I'm happy to hear this
-------------------------
KeyPress OSD v4: GitHub or forum. (presentation video)
Quick Picto Viewer: GitHub or forum.
AHK GDI+ expanded / compilation library (on GitHub)
My home page.
tadamm

26 Feb 2022, 16:39

Found this and was blown away. did a video on this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB-gBg8JCBM&t=251s
AHK_user

11 Mar 2022, 14:14

tadamm wrote:
26 Feb 2022, 16:39
Found this and was blown away. did a video on this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB-gBg8JCBM&t=251s
Nice that you like it.

The comment in the statusbar is fixed. :D

Testmode is used for the development of the tool itself. If testmode is activated, the tree and expected code can become visible. This is meant to save and evaluate tests so it it easy to see if some saved conversion test have changed.
joomb

14 Mar 2022, 08:51

thank you
i use this to convert
but some I DO not know how to convert .

Code: Select all

BytesRead_ += *(&BytesRead + A_Index-1) << 8*(A_Index-1) ;Bytes read in this very DllCall
v2 say has wrong but ???why??

and

if !p:=RegExMatch(j,"(?<!\\)(""|')([^\1]+?)(?<!\\)(?-1)\s*:\s*((\{(?:[^{}]++|(?-1))*\})|(\[(?:[^[\]]++|(?-1))*\])|" . "(?<!\\)(""|')[^\7]*?(?<!\\)(?-1)|[+\-]?\d+(?:\.\d*)?|true|false|null?)\s*(?:,|$|\})", x, p)
how to change it to v2??
swagfag

14 Mar 2022, 12:13

BytesRead_ += NumGet(BytesRead, A_Index-1, 'UChar') << 8*(A_Index-1) ;Bytes read in this very DllCall
if !p:=RegExMatch(j,"(?<!\\)(`"`"|')([^\1]+?)(?<!\\)(?-1)\s*:\s*((\{(?:[^{}]++|(?-1))*\})|(\[(?:[^[\]]++|(?-1))*\])|" . "(?<!\\)(`"`"|')[^\7]*?(?<!\\)(?-1)|[+\-]?\d+(?:\.\d*)?|true|false|null?)\s*(?:,|$|\})", &x, p)
AHK_user

14 Mar 2022, 13:23

joomb wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 08:51
thank you
i use this to convert
but some I DO not know how to convert .

BytesRead_ += *(&BytesRead + A_Index-1) << 8*(A_Index-1) ;Bytes read in this very DllCall
v2 say has wrong but ???why??

and

if !p:=RegExMatch(j,"(?<!\\)(""|')([^\1]+?)(?<!\\)(?-1)\s*:\s*((\{(?:[^{}]++|(?-1))*\})|(\[(?:[^[\]]++|(?-1))*\])|" . "(?<!\\)(""|')[^\7]*?(?<!\\)(?-1)|[+\-]?\d+(?:\.\d*)?|true|false|null?)\s*(?:,|$|\})", x, p)
how to change it to v2??
We should fix the dereference in the future, for the regexMatch, I understand that it fails after that many characters... that is just asking for it to break. Just replace the complex string with a simple string and see what the convertor does.

Unfortunately, I do not have a lot of experience with the deref.

to make the conversion simple, maybe it is possible to replace
*( to DereferenceV1(
if before this, ( ignoring the spaces) is one of the following characters:
( , = {
afterwards we can change DereferenceV1 to NumGet, but I need more examples of conversions, as my experience with deref and NumGet is limited
Last edited by AHK_user on 15 Mar 2022, 06:14, edited 2 times in total.
joomb

15 Mar 2022, 02:16

swagfag wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 12:13

BytesRead_ += NumGet(BytesRead, A_Index-1, 'UChar') << 8*(A_Index-1) ;Bytes read in this very DllCall
if !p:=RegExMatch(j,"(?<!\\)(`"`"|')([^\1]+?)(?<!\\)(?-1)\s*:\s*((\{(?:[^{}]++|(?-1))*\})|(\[(?:[^[\]]++|(?-1))*\])|" . "(?<!\\)(`"`"|')[^\7]*?(?<!\\)(?-1)|[+\-]?\d+(?:\.\d*)?|true|false|null?)\s*(?:,|$|\})", &x, p)
thanks very much but it still can not work .
I will post the all codes v1 here for help

json(Byref js, s, v:="") {  ;v2版本需要将Byref替换为&
	j := js 
	Loop Parse, s, % chr(46) ;V2版本将%去掉
	{
		p := "2"
		RegExMatch(A_LoopField, "([+\-]?)([^[]+)((?:\[\d+\])*)", q)
		Loop {
			If (!p := RegExMatch(j, "(?<!\\)(""|')([^\1]+?)(?<!\\)(?-1)\s*:\s*((\{(?:[^{}]++|(?-1))*\})|(\[(?:[^[\]]++|(?-1))*\])|" "(?<!\\)(""|')[^\7]*?(?<!\\)(?-1)|[+\-]?\d+(?:\.\d*)?|true|false|null?)\s*(?:,|$|\})", x, p))
				Return
			Else If (x2 == q2 or q2 == "*") {
				j := x3
				z += p + StrLen(x2) - 2
				If (q3 != "" and InStr(j, "[") == 1) {
					q3 := SubStr(q3, 1, -1)
					Loop Parse, q3, "]", "["
					{
						z += 1 + RegExMatch(SubStr(j, 2, -1), "^(?:\s*((\[(?:[^[\]]++|(?-1))*\])|(\{(?:[^{\}]++|(?-1))*\})|[^,]*?)\s*(?:,|$)){" . SubStr(A_LoopField, 1) + 1 . "}", x)
						j := x1
					}
				}
				Break
			}
			Else p += StrLen(x)
		}
	}
	if (v != "")
	{
		vs := chr(34)
		If (RegExMatch(v, "^\s*(?:""|')*\s*([+\-]?\d+(?:\.\d*)?|true|false|null?)\s*(?:""|')*\s*$", vx)
			and (vx1 + 0 or vx1 == 0 or vx1 == "true" or vx1 == "false" or vx1 == "null" or vx1 == "nul"))
			vs := "", v := vx1
		v := StrReplace(v, CHR(34), "\" . CHR(34))
		js := SubStr(js, 1, z := RegExMatch(js, ":\s*", zx, z) + StrLen(zx) - 1) . vs . v . vs . SubStr(js, z + StrLen(x3) + 1)
	}
	Return j == "false" ? 0 : j == "true" ? 1 : j == "null" or j == "nul"
		? "" : SubStr(j, 1, 1) == """" ? SubStr(j, 2, -1) : j
}
and urldownloadtovar cannotwork

UrlDownloadToVar(URL,encode := "CP0", UserAgent := "", Proxy := "", ProxyBypass := "") {
    ; Requires Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows NT Workstation 4.0,
    ; Windows Me, Windows 98, or Windows 95.
    ; Requires Internet Explorer 3.0 or later.
    pFix:=a_isunicode ? "W" : "A"
    hModule := DllCall("LoadLibrary", "Str", "wininet.dll") 

AccessType := Proxy != "" ? 3 : 1
    ;INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PRECONFIG                    0   // use registry configuration 
    ;INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_DIRECT                       1   // direct to net 
    ;INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PROXY                        3   // via named proxy 
    ;INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PRECONFIG_WITH_NO_AUTOPROXY  4   // prevent using java/script/INS 

io := DllCall("wininet\InternetOpen" . pFix
    , "Str", UserAgent ;lpszAgent 
    , "UInt", AccessType 
    , "Str", Proxy 
    , "Str", ProxyBypass 
    , "UInt", 0) ;dwFlags 

iou := DllCall("wininet\InternetOpenUrl" . pFix
    , "UInt", io 
    , "Str", url 
    , "Str", "" ;lpszHeaders 
    , "UInt", 0 ;dwHeadersLength 
    , "UInt", 0x80000000 ;dwFlags: INTERNET_FLAG_RELOAD = 0x80000000 // retrieve the original item 
    , "UInt", 0) ;dwContext 

If (ErrorLevel != 0 or iou = 0) { 
        DllCall("FreeLibrary", "UInt", hModule) 
        return 0 
    } 

VarSetCapacity(buffer, 1024, 0)
    VarSetCapacity(BytesRead, 4, 0)

Loop 
    { 
        ;http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/wininet/wininet/internetreadfile.asp
        irf := DllCall("wininet\InternetReadFile", "UInt", iou, "UInt", &buffer, "UInt", 1024, "UInt", &BytesRead) 
        VarSetCapacity(buffer, -1) ;to update the variable's internally-stored length

BytesRead_ := 0 ; reset
        Loop  4  ; Build the integer by adding up its bytes. (From ExtractInteger-function)

; To ensure all data is retrieved, an application must continue to call the
        ; InternetReadFile function until the function returns TRUE and the lpdwNumberOfBytesRead parameter equals zero.
        If (irf == 1 and BytesRead_ == 0)
            break
        Else ; append the buffer's contents
        {
            a_isunicode ? buffer:=StrGet(&buffer, encode) 
            Result .= SubStr(buffer, 1, BytesRead_ * (a_isunicode ? 2 : 1))
        }
        /* optional: retrieve only a part of the file
        BytesReadTotal += BytesRead_
        If (BytesReadTotal >= 30000) ; only read the first x bytes
        break                      ; (will be a multiple of the buffer size, if the file is not smaller; trim if neccessary)
        */
    }

DllCall("wininet\InternetCloseHandle",  "UInt", iou) 
    DllCall("wininet\InternetCloseHandle",  "UInt", io) 
	return Result
}

joomb

15 Mar 2022, 02:19

UrlDownloadToVar(URL,encode := "CP0", UserAgent := "", Proxy := "", ProxyBypass := "") {
    ; Requires Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows NT Workstation 4.0,
    ; Windows Me, Windows 98, or Windows 95.
    ; Requires Internet Explorer 3.0 or later.
    pFix:=a_isunicode ? "W" : "A"
    hModule := DllCall("LoadLibrary", "Str", "wininet.dll") 

AccessType := Proxy != "" ? 3 : 1
    ;INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PRECONFIG                    0   // use registry configuration 
    ;INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_DIRECT                       1   // direct to net 
    ;INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PROXY                        3   // via named proxy 
    ;INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PRECONFIG_WITH_NO_AUTOPROXY  4   // prevent using java/script/INS 

io := DllCall("wininet\InternetOpen" . pFix
    , "Str", UserAgent ;lpszAgent 
    , "UInt", AccessType 
    , "Str", Proxy 
    , "Str", ProxyBypass 
    , "UInt", 0) ;dwFlags 

iou := DllCall("wininet\InternetOpenUrl" . pFix
    , "UInt", io 
    , "Str", url 
    , "Str", "" ;lpszHeaders 
    , "UInt", 0 ;dwHeadersLength 
    , "UInt", 0x80000000 ;dwFlags: INTERNET_FLAG_RELOAD = 0x80000000 // retrieve the original item 
    , "UInt", 0) ;dwContext 

If (ErrorLevel != 0 or iou = 0) { 
        return 0 
    } 

VarSetCapacity(buffer, 1024, 0)
    VarSetCapacity(BytesRead, 4, 0)

Loop 
    { 
        ;http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/wininet/wininet/internetreadfile.asp
        irf := DllCall("wininet\InternetReadFile", "UInt", iou, "UInt", &buffer, "UInt", 1024, "UInt", &BytesRead) 
        VarSetCapacity(buffer, -1) ;to update the variable's internally-stored length

BytesRead_ := 0 ; reset
        Loop  4  ; Build the integer by adding up its bytes. (From ExtractInteger-function)

; To ensure all data is retrieved, an application must continue to call the
        ; InternetReadFile function until the function returns TRUE and the lpdwNumberOfBytesRead parameter equals zero.
        If (irf == 1 and BytesRead_ == 0)
            break
        Else ; append the buffer's contents
        {
            a_isunicode ? buffer:=StrGet(&buffer, encode) 
            Result .= SubStr(buffer, 1, BytesRead_ * (a_isunicode ? 2 : 1))
        }
        /* optional: retrieve only a part of the file
        BytesReadTotal += BytesRead_
        If (BytesReadTotal >= 30000) ; only read the first x bytes
        break                      ; (will be a multiple of the buffer size, if the file is not smaller; trim if neccessary)
        */
    }

DllCall("wininet\InternetCloseHandle",  "UInt", iou) 
    DllCall("wininet\InternetCloseHandle",  "UInt", io) 
	return Result
}

json(Byref js, s, v:="") {  ;v2版本需要将Byref替换为&
	j := js 
	Loop Parse, s, % chr(46) ;V2版本将%去掉
	{
		p := "2"
		RegExMatch(A_LoopField, "([+\-]?)([^[]+)((?:\[\d+\])*)", q)
		Loop {
			If (!p := RegExMatch(j, "(?<!\\)(""|')([^\1]+?)(?<!\\)(?-1)\s*:\s*((\{(?:[^{}]++|(?-1))*\})|(\[(?:[^[\]]++|(?-1))*\])|" "(?<!\\)(""|')[^\7]*?(?<!\\)(?-1)|[+\-]?\d+(?:\.\d*)?|true|false|null?)\s*(?:,|$|\})", x, p))
				Return
			Else If (x2 == q2 or q2 == "*") {
				j := x3
				z += p + StrLen(x2) - 2
				If (q3 != "" and InStr(j, "[") == 1) {
					q3 := SubStr(q3, 1, -1)
					Loop Parse, q3, "]", "["
					{
						z += 1 + RegExMatch(SubStr(j, 2, -1), "^(?:\s*((\[(?:[^[\]]++|(?-1))*\])|(\{(?:[^{\}]++|(?-1))*\})|[^,]*?)\s*(?:,|$)){" . SubStr(A_LoopField, 1) + 1 . "}", x)
						j := x1
					}
				}
				Break
			}
			Else p += StrLen(x)
		}
	}
	if (v != "")
	{
		vs := chr(34)
		If (RegExMatch(v, "^\s*(?:""|')*\s*([+\-]?\d+(?:\.\d*)?|true|false|null?)\s*(?:""|')*\s*$", vx)
			and (vx1 + 0 or vx1 == 0 or vx1 == "true" or vx1 == "false" or vx1 == "null" or vx1 == "nul"))
			vs := "", v := vx1
		v := StrReplace(v, CHR(34), "\" . CHR(34))
		js := SubStr(js, 1, z := RegExMatch(js, ":\s*", zx, z) + StrLen(zx) - 1) . vs . v . vs . SubStr(js, z + StrLen(x3) + 1)
	}
	Return j == "false" ? 0 : j == "true" ? 1 : j == "null" or j == "nul"
		? "" : SubStr(j, 1, 1) == """" ? SubStr(j, 2, -1) : j
}
this two can anyone help to convert?
AHK_user

15 Mar 2022, 06:29

joomb wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 02:16

thanks very much but it still can not work .
I will post the all codes v1 here for help
My excuses for the confusion, I meant that we should fix the dereference conversion in the future, not that it is done. If I have enough conversion examples we can implement it.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”