Class TransparentListBox

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools
Verdlin
GitHub: Aatoz

Re: Class TransparentListBox

16 May 2016, 08:15

The update did not fix it. But, wow! After further research, I've discovered this is a "bug" with the native AHK ListBox and not your class :) I also noticed this behavior with non-AutoHotKey applications, so apparently it's a normal Windows thing.

Here's what happening: After launching an explorer.exe process (such as launching a folder) apparently explorer.exe sends the WM_Paint message. The Listbox (both AHK's and yours) repaints when this happens. I've provided a script below which should make this pretty clear.

So it's perfectly defensible for your script to keep doing what it is doing. For what it's worth, I would like a way to opt out of the redrawing procedure upon launching explorer.exe because I've never used a ListBox which is dependent upon anything that happens within explorer.exe. But I can easily do this on my own and then post the code in case you want to add it to the class.

Code: Select all

#NoEnv
Loop, %A_WinDir%\Web\Wallpaper\*.jpg, 0, 1
{
   PicFile := A_LoopFileLongPath
   Break
}
; PicFile := A_WinDir . "\Web\Wallpaper\Blaues Fenster.jpg"   ; German Win XP
; PicFile := A_WinDir . "\Web\Wallpaper\Landscapes\img7.jpg"  ; Win 7
; PicFile := A_WinDir . "\Web\Wallpaper\theme2\img10.jpg"     ; Win 8.1
Content := "One|Two|Three|Four|Five|Six|Seven|Eight|Nine|Ten|Eleven|Twelve|Thirteen|Fourteen|Fifteen|Sixteen"
; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Global hMain
Gui, New, hwndhMain
Gui, Font, s12
Gui, Add, Picture, x0 y0 w600 h400 hwndhPic, %PicFile%
Gui, Add, ListBox, x50 y50 w200 r8 vLB1 gSel1 Choose1, %Content%
Gui, Add, ListBox, x+100 yp wp hp hwndhLB vLB Choose1 gSelection -VScroll -E0x0200, %Content%
TLB := New TransparentListBox(hLB, hPic, 0xFFFFFF, 0x000000, 0xFFFFFF, 128)
Gui, Show, w600 h400, Transparent ListBox
Return
; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GuiClose:
ExitApp
#If WinActive("ahk_id " . hMain)
!x::
   Random, R, 0, % TLB.ItemCount
   GuiControl, %hMain%:Choose, LB, %R%
Return
#If
Selection:
   GuiControlGet, LB
   ToolTip, Selected: %LB%`nA_GuiEvent: %A_GuiEvent%`nA_EventInfo: %A_EventInfo%
   SetTimer, KillTT, -750
Return
Sel1:
   GuiControlGet, LB1
   ToolTip, Selected: %LB1%`nA_GuiEvent: %A_GuiEvent%`nA_EventInfo: %A_EventInfo%
   Msgbox Move your mouse off the listbox and then keep your eyes on the corners of the listbox
		Run, %A_WinDir%
   SetTimer, KillTT, -750
Return
KillTT:
   ToolTip
Return
#Include Class_TransparentListBox.ahk
just me

16 May 2016, 10:04

Thanks for testing.

Maybe it's due to my old eyes, but I cannot see any abnormal when running your test script.
Verdlin
GitHub: Aatoz

17 May 2016, 06:50

Interesting. I just noticed your signature says you run Win 10 Pro. I typically use Win 7 pro. I'm guessing that's the difference. I suppose it's not an issue in newer versions of windows.
empardopo

30 Oct 2016, 12:15

Hello.

I'm using this class and I have two questions:
1.- Is it possible to center the text of each item in the listbox?
2.- I have three items (Notepad, Mala and HyperSpin) in my listbox. If I press la n key in my keyboard, Notepad item is selected or if I press the m key then Mala is selected. Is it possible to disable this option in the class?

Thanks very much for your class.

Greetings
Everything is possible!
just me

06 Nov 2016, 03:50

1. You might try to add the DT_CENTER (0x01) flag to the DrawText uFormat parameter:

DllCall("User32.dll\DrawText", "Ptr", LBDC, "Ptr", &Txt, "Int", Len, "Ptr", &RECT, "UInt", 0x0841)
  2. You might try to add the following to SubClassProc:

; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          ; Keyboard
          ; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          ; WM_CHAR message
          If (uMsg = 0x0102)
             Return 0
I didn't test both.
empardopo

06 Nov 2016, 15:01

I've just take a look changing the class and my first impression is that it works fine!!!! Thanks very much!
Everything is possible!

Return to “Scripts and Functions”