Radial menu scripts

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
anti3d

Re: Radial menu scripts - updates 2018-12-21

04 Apr 2019, 08:22

Potts44 wrote:
16 Mar 2019, 12:31
Hi I'm trying to use this with my touchscreen. It works great with my mouse. I've read the help file and changed it to click from release but it does not show the radial wheel....just the normal right mouse button sub menu from windows 7. I am missing something. Can you advise where I'm going wrong?
Cheers
The method from help doesn't work for me too. I use Windows own gestures, for example, take the hint from help:
RMSelectMethod = click
RMShowHotkey = F5
RMShowMethod = 0
RSMShowHotkey = Lbutton
then make a gesture in windows for F5 button, but when the menu is showing, the selection from touchscreen it doesn't work, i wrote about it upper. I think RM has some troubles with detecting actions from touchscreens.
What type of device do you use? Maybe that the key? I have almost the same troubles with my Wacom bamboo, and in my tablet pc used Wacom pen, and wacom driver for touchscreen i think.
anti3d

05 Apr 2019, 06:05

I have a question about how many count of possible loading menus with RMApp_LoadMenu?
RM give me the error "Invalid Gui name" when i try to make a menu with any number upper 99.
For example: RMApp_LoadMenu(100, RM "path to menu.txt") give me that error, but i need more :(
StefOnSteroids

12 Apr 2019, 12:03

The "last" item of each ring, item6, item18, etc. floats superimposed on top of its neighbors. It want them wedged into their neighbors like all the others, for a consistent look, to form an endless circle on every ring.

Is there a way to achieve this? To create an overlap for item6/item1, item 18/item7, etc. that is consistent with the others?
I tried various skin settings, but no success.
Learning one

Re: Radial menu scripts

18 Apr 2019, 16:31

I guess it's too late to answer on the questions from oldes posts, so I'll answer on the last two...

@anti3d: If I remember correctly, at the time I was developing RM2module (which is the internal engine Radial menu v4 uses to create radial menus), AutoHotkey only supported numeric GUI names (numbers), and max 99 GUIs... I can confirm that I also get an error when I try to use something like RMApp_LoadMenu(100, RM "path to menu.txt"). I'll try to see what can be done later, but it seems that using non-numeric Gui name, something like RMApp_LoadMenu("MyMenu", RM "path to menu.txt") works fine and allows you to create more menus.

@StefOnSteroids: At the moment, there is no way to create such effect (unles you modify RM's internal codes which I don't recommended).
StefOnSteroids

19 Apr 2019, 14:53

Thanks for taking the time to answer.
I really appreciate the work and effort you put into this project. It's the best-looking launcher I have ever had in use, not to mention the many extras it brings along. :clap:

Two more questions if you don't mind:
1) My general settings are
RMSelectMethod = click
RMShowHotkey = RButton
RMShowMethod = D,R

This seems to prevent me from using other custom RButton clicks (regular clicks, no right-mouse dragging) I have set up to bring up custom menus in apps.
Is there a workaround to have both, RButton drag to bring up RM, yet keeping my RButton click to bring up something different?

2) To have 8 instead of 6 items on the first ring

Code: Select all

[SkinOverride]
ItemLayoutPerRing = 8.14.20
This does not work, it seems to change nothing. Could you shed some light on this?
What the 14 and 20 refer to? How to successfully generate 8 items on the first ring?

Many thanks.
Learning one

24 Apr 2019, 17:35

I'm glad you like it.
You can control RMShowHotkey's context-sensitivity; enable or disable (block) it, depending on conditions you specify - for example automaticaly disable it in certain applications or if some modifier key (for example shift) is pressed down. Check out the comments and examples in RM\My codes\My RMShowHotkey conditions.ahk You can also manually temporarily disable (suspend) all hotkeys and hotstrings registered in RM process - for example if you double click on RM's tray icon.

Setting ItemLayoutPerRing = 8.14.20 works fine for me... 8.14.20 means that there will be 8 items in first ring, 14 in second and 20 items in third ring. If ItemLayoutPerRing is not specified, default value of 6.12.18.24 applies. See picture below;
StefOnSteroids

25 Apr 2019, 11:07

Learning one wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 17:35
... 8.14.20 means that there will be 8 items in first ring, 14 in second and 20 items in third ring. If ItemLayoutPerRing is not specified, default value of 6.12.18.24 applies.
Thanks for confirming that the code does indeed work the way it indicates.
Here's the catch: I did not actually have 3 rings assigned, only 2.
The 8.14.20 setting will not work in that case. It falls back to the default 6 items unless you stack enough items to reach 3 rings.

Thanks to your second example with 4 rings I realized I must rephrase it into a reduced version of just 8.14 - et voilà - this did the trick.

Will read up on the other issue with the right-mouse button in other apps. It seems like the order in which I start up my ahk-files also makes a difference. It's probably best to incorporate them into RM. You did, after all, provide the means for that.

Thanks again. For an outstanding tool. Fantastico! :bravo:
StefOnSteroids

28 Apr 2019, 09:44

Sometimes I activate it too close to a screen border to see the whole menu.
When I try to grab it in the center and drag it elsewhere it immediately disappears.
Is there a way to change this? So I can click-grab the center with the left mouse and drag it away from the edge of the screen?

My settings:

Code: Select all

[General]
RMSelectMethod =		click
RMShowHotkey =		RButton
RMShowMethod =		D,R
RSMShowHotkey =		LButton
Learning one

03 May 2019, 02:58

There is no way to change this (unless you modify RM's internal codes which I don't recommended).
WOlfen

04 Jul 2019, 11:28

Hello.
I really love this Script and use it very often.
But of course i have a question. Would be if it´s somehow possible to have "Radial Menu" in one process instead of 5 showing in my Task Manager?
It has not any performance problems or anything like that, i am just a little skeptical about showing so much processes.
Thank you very much for your help.
Learning one

09 Jul 2019, 00:38

I'm glad you like RM. You can have RM in just one process if you specify RunSoundPlayers = 0 in General settings.txt, but than you will hear no sounds (no matter if Sounds = 1).
For more information, please read this post where "Why does it create 5 proccesses instead of only one?" question is answered. (it looks that old forum replaced bullet signs with [*:1dpvthuj]).
pkip

06 Aug 2019, 10:50

Hello,

I love using this script,

i even modified a skin : https i.imgur.com /gUz50Rl.png Broken Link for safety

But i wanted to see and maybe use another skin, you linked your dropbox for the other skins but the link is broken

any fix for that ?

Love your work !
jorj escu

13 Aug 2019, 07:18

Hello all,
First of all, VERY useful tool!
But it inhibit my long right click and double right click mouse buttons, which i use a lot with other useful tool founded here, for example script clipping tool: https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12088
Any ideas if I can obtain them back?
Learning one

16 Aug 2019, 17:23

@pkip: Nice skin :)
Long time ago I made a simple web page for additional skins and hosted it on Dropbox, but unfortunately Dropbox dropped out support for hosting web pages so link to that page is broken and I'll try to fix it later. For now you can take a look at the following screenshots:
Built-in skins
Additional skins

@jorj escu: Change your RMShowHotkey (button that shows RM's main menu or executes mouse gestures) or hotkey you use for screen clipping. For example, I have my RMShowHotkey set to Rbutton and I create always on top windows from screen clippings by dragging control + Mbutton.
RNKIP

08 Dec 2019, 14:07

How can I make profiles change automatically, depending on the program in which I call RM
loumizhu

05 Jan 2020, 19:42

Hello learning One
First of all, a big thank you for the work you've done on Radial Menu. I'm using it daily since years and found the BEST radial menu ever used
I tried many Radial Menus over the years.
Even the wacom radial menu is slower that this ahk script. Aren't scripts supposed to be slower to compiled exe :lol: ?

I quickly modified 2 skins for it:
screenshot
http://bit.ly/2MZU9dg
skin
http://bit.ly/2QrXtA1

Screenshot
http://bit.ly/37OoXGb
Skin
http://bit.ly/37K8T8l
Last edited by gregster on 05 Jan 2020, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Links fixed.
toralf

06 Jan 2020, 02:45

hi Loumizhu, aka cmdr zou,

I like your icons, they look great.
ciao
toralf
smtdba

07 Jan 2020, 14:31

When I perform a gesture (L->D) I'd like to close the active tab/window.

When I run SQL Server Management Studio, I need to send Alt+F4 to close the tab, then a Tab & Space to reject the save.
Closing a tab in Chrome is different: Ctrl + w or Ctrl + F4
A single tabbed application (like notepad) I can just use the WinClose function

I was currently trying to use RMApp_Reg for RM helper variables, but I'm not able to find anything deterministic in the help samples.
Is there a list of variables it stores? I'm trying to use the RM helpers so that everything stays consistent with what RM sees.
WOlfen

29 Feb 2020, 11:11

I have a question.
How can i make the Radial Menu above all the other Windows when it´s showing up?
I mean on top of all?
Thoughtfu1Tux

06 Mar 2020, 00:04

WOlfen wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 11:11
I have a question.
How can i make the Radial Menu above all the other Windows when it´s showing up?
I mean on top of all?
Mine does this by default. Even if i have a window set to "Always on top", Radial menu will show up in the forefront. Never had it not work. You might be experiencing the w7 sleep/hibernate bug that makes RM not display the GUI when you activate it, but you can still select/navigate around your menu. (There's a comment somewhere in this thread that explains how to fix it)

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”