Radial menu scripts

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
Nafrayu

Re: Radial menu scripts

11 Jun 2020, 05:58

Learning one wrote:
22 May 2020, 19:14
is there a version without obfuscation inside the auto-update mechanism?
No.
you also threw a wrench somewhere into the startup process by needlessly obfuscating some important parts... some people prefer not to run stuff like that on their machines...
I'm OK with that.
Then i hope you're fine with me revers* engin*ering it, no need to be an a** about it.
flsh

15 Jun 2020, 03:23

Hi guys, I started using RM and I like it very much. I was wondering how I could integrate my own scripts into the RM concept. When I call it over the menu itself I put "Action=RM\My codes\my_script.ahk" in my profile. I would also like to call it with a hotkey, but "F1::RM\My codes\my_script.ahk" only opens the file, as there is no AHK on the pc other than RM. How can I also get that AHK file to start with the Radial menu.exe? Thank you very much
JWGinge

15 Jun 2020, 12:16

How do I get this to only work when the desktop is showing?
I know it has something to do with RMApp_RMShowHotkeyConditions() and possibly IsDesktopActive() but I don't have the first clue about how to do this, thanks.
Learning one

15 Jun 2020, 17:14

@rokkyboy: Nice concept. At the moment you could use AutoHotkey's built in hotkey functionality, but you probably already know that. 8-)

@Nafrayu: Be careful with your words. There's nothing wrong with my answers; "No. & I'm OK with that." What makes your words even more inappropriate is the fact they're addressed to a person who is sharing his hard work with community for years. It seems you are new to this forum so I'll give you some basic information: I'm in this project for more than 10 years (since 2009), spent countless hours to make Radail menu application and other related stuff, developed a lot of things users requested, helped a lot of people, and still giving support to users - all of that for free. Also, maybe you'll be suprised when you see my "donation link". So be careful with your words and try to respect others. At least do it for yourself; you may gain a good reputatation and become more respected.

@flsh: If you want to launch your scripts with hotkeys and use similar syntax as in item action, and always run them with Radial menu.exe (which is renamed AutoHotkey.exe), no matter if computer has installed AutoHotkey or not (useful for portability), try this:
Open RM\My codes\My functions.ahk and put this code inside it:

Code: Select all

RunAsItemAction(ItemAction) {
	RMApp_RefineItemAction(ItemAction)
	try RMApp_TheExecutor(ItemAction)
}
Open RM\My codes\My hotkeys.ahk and put something like this inside it:

F1::RunAsItemAction("RWRM RM\Utilities\Screen clipping.ahk")
F2::RunAsItemAction("RWRM RM\Utilities\Your script.ahk ")
Save changes, reload radial menu and try does it work as expected.

@JWGinge: Take a look at examples in RM\My codes\My RMShowHotkey conditions.ahk .
Do you want to show radial menu (adjust RMShowHotkey's context-sensitivity) only when desktop is active window or only when desktop is under mouse cursor?
AdvisingTerror

15 Jun 2020, 17:51

I immediately deleted the .zip upon hearing about this obfuscated code and reading the author's response basically saying he doesn't care, I'd rather not run unknown code on my machine, the whole point of AHK is being able to change the script to suit your needs, obfuscating code is counter-productive in every sense of the word.
gregster

15 Jun 2020, 18:11

@AdvisingTerror : Welcome!
Freshly registered users, posting via VPN, are certainly the most reputable ones.... I am looking forward to many valuable contributions in the future, or perhaps not?
AdvisingTerror

15 Jun 2020, 20:35

@gregster : Thank you.
Is there a rule against using a VPN or something? What does telling everyone here that I use a VPN add to the topic? Seemed a little rude ngl.
The staff team releasing my private information without asking first is probably not the best introduction for me into this community.

(I've used AHK for a long time now, I just never felt the need to make an account on here)

edit: I hope none of this comes off as rude.
gregster

15 Jun 2020, 21:21

@AdvisingTerror: Our forum software might block new users which use VPNs, depending on the circumstances - too many bad experiences in the past. I would recommend to not use a VPN, when using this forum, if you can avoid it. At least, it's possible that you will be auto-blocked...
https://www.autohotkey.com/forumrules/ wrote:Due to previous events, no tor or similar software is allowed for connections to the forum.
It just looks suspicious for a brand-new user to inject himself in a discussion like this (which has been a bit controversial - and with another relatively fresh user, who never contributed elsewhere in these forums before), while obfuscating his or her IP (I am sure, it is no surprise to other users that you have an IP.). It just seems counter-productive for a new user's reputation, no matter if your criticism is justified, or not. Especially if you sort of attack a long-time forum member - or his software - in your first post, like the guy you are backing here, and who was directly addressed only shortly before. You are certainly free to not use (or delete) any software you like, but I am personally more concerned about the regular users and contributors of these forums (who you might become a part of, if you want).

As you see, I didn't censor or block you - I just wanted to address this head-on, before we perhaps see a multiplication of VPN newcomer accounts arriving on the scene (which might ring some alarm bells). That certainly doesn't mean that you are part of such nefarious activities - but it's sometimes good to let the bad players - and also the good players - know that someone is watching. After all, the scrutinizing of anomymized users is done for the benefit and safety of the AHK community.
JWGinge

16 Jun 2020, 05:39

Learning one wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 17:14
@JWGinge: Take a look at examples in RM\My codes\My RMShowHotkey conditions.ahk .
Do you want to show radial menu (adjust RMShowHotkey's context-sensitivity) only when desktop is active window or only when desktop is under mouse cursor?
Sure I've seen those but don't have the first clue about how to change them up to work where the radial menu only appears if the desktop is under mouse cursor!
flsh

23 Jun 2020, 05:04

@Learning one Thank you! Works like a charm
Learning one

29 Jun 2020, 16:30

Sorry for late reply - I was busy...

@gregster: Thank you!
@JWGinge: Is this what you want? It should show RM only if Desktop is under mouse

RMApp_RMShowHotkeyConditions() {
	MouseGetPos,,, hWinUnderMouse	
	WinGetClass, WinUnderMouseClass, % "ahk_id " hWinUnderMouse
	if WinUnderMouseClass not in WorkerW,Progman
		return "block"	; blocks RMShowHotkey
}
JWGinge

03 Jul 2020, 12:00

Learning one wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 16:30
@JWGinge: It should show RM only if Desktop is under mouse
Perfect, thanks!
theslyder

06 Jul 2020, 10:43

This is something I've wished for for years but didn't have the sense to look and see if it existed already. Thank you for putting so much effort into it!

I'm hoping for some advice. I use a tablet for drawing (Microsoft Surface Pro) with an on-screen keyboard type of program to use for hotkeys and I can't get it to function as the RMShowhotkey. Using the physical keyboard works fine for the key I've chosen (`) but the built in on-screen keyboard as well as the software I use don't produce results. Is it because of the difference between the physical key input compared to the "send input" imitation of it? Sorry, I have a very basic and limited understanding of code syntax and behavior.

I hope this isn't an obvious question that's been addressed and I apologize if I've overlooked it. I've done some trial-and-error on my own and skimmed the thread but didn't find any solution.
AutoPepe

26 Aug 2020, 16:59

I have installed this wonderful program, but don't know how to start.

I try this :

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=50346.new#new

I am doing something wrong because I even don't know how to launch the program correctly.

Best Regards
Learning one

27 Aug 2020, 16:15

@theslyder: As I don't have Microsoft Surface Pro with such on-screen keyboard program, I'm not able to do tests and try to help you... Maybe you should ask for help in general Ask For Help forum

@AutoPepe: Read this: Notes for first time users. If you'll still need help, feel free to ask for it.
hced

04 Sep 2020, 06:02

Why does it tell me there's a newer AHK version when I already have the newest version installed?

Image Broken Link for safety

EDIT: Seems image links gets broken here so here's the image url: https i.imgur.com /Qus3EQm.png Broken Link for safety Broken Link for safety
Attachments
Snag_1486b041.png
Snag_1486b041.png (113.22 KiB) Viewed 3452 times
gregster

04 Sep 2020, 06:47

hced wrote:
Why does it tell me there's a newer AHK version when I already have the newest version installed?
Sure? What does Msgbox % A_AhkVersion say?
hced

04 Sep 2020, 07:56

gregster wrote:
04 Sep 2020, 06:47
hced wrote:
Sure? What does Msgbox % A_AhkVersion say?
1.1.33.02, the newest
Learning one

08 Sep 2020, 02:31

@hced:
When you click on Radial menu.ahk, Radial menu application will run with installed AutoHotkey.
When you click on Radial menu.exe (Radial menu.exe is in fact renamed AutoHotkey.exe), Radial menu application will not run with installed AutoHotkey - it will run with Radial menu.exe, which may not be the newest installed AutoHotkey. Radial menu.exe exists mainly for portability - it allows you to run Radial menu application anywhere, no matter it that computer has installed AutoHotkey or not.

More info about Radial menu.exe and how to update it can be found in RM\Help - in Radial menu.exe section.
AutoPepe

20 Sep 2020, 10:40

How can I do manual updates and disable automatic updates :
In the general configuration appear :
RMSelectMethod = release
RMShowHotkey = RButton
RMShowMethod = D
RSMShowHotkey = LButton

Sounds= 1
MainMenuShowPos= under mouse
RMProcessPriority = AboveNormal