Radial menu scripts

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
submeg

Re: Radial menu scripts - updated 21.12.2015.

28 Feb 2021, 00:57

Learning one wrote:
20 Jan 2016, 03:54
Kityn wrote:Hi! Radial menu is great! What is the "secret" to unlocking more than 60 items (4 rings) per menu?
Hi Kityn. The secret is to change ItemLayoutPerRing.
Default value is 6.12.18.24 - it starts with 6 items in 1. ring and gives you ability to have up to 60 items per menu.
If you change (increase) that value, for example to; 8.14.20.26 then your radial menu will start with 8 items in 1. ring and will give you ability to have up to 68 items per menu.

To better understand and see ItemLayoutPerRing, open RM\Utilities\RM item layout.png

To change RM's ItemLayoutPerRing, for example to 8.14.20.26, open RM\Menu definitions\General settings.txt and put ItemLayoutPerRing = 8.14.20.26 under this line; [SkinOverride], so you'll have:

Code: Select all

[SkinOverride]
ItemLayoutPerRing = 8.14.20.26
Now you should tell Radial menu designer to operate in 8.14.20.26 mode too. Open RM\Internal\Codes\RMD.ahk.
You''ll find this example in the comments there; ;Layout := {ItemSize:55, ItemLayout: "10_15_20_25_30", RadiusSizeFactor: "1"} ; example how to override some defaults - very rarely used
Just put this line: Layout := {ItemLayout: "8_14_20_26"} one line above it.

Save changes to both files, reload and that's it.
Hi @Learning one , In your post above, you mentioned (bolded and underlined text) to change the item layout to 10_15_20_25_30. I have done this, but I can only see 4 rings. What is the maximum number of rings?
Learning one

Re: Radial menu scripts

01 Mar 2021, 18:54

@submeg: Thanks for kind words. More info about RM's mouse gestures is available at "RM\Help.htm" in "Mouse gestures component" section, but I guess you already read that. What I do in my private setup is that I use modifier keys, like this;

MG_RL() {
	if GetKeyState("Shift","p")	{
		MsgBox, Extra action 1
	}
	else if GetKeyState("Control","p") {
		MsgBox, Extra action 2
	}
	else if GetKeyState("Alt","p")	{
		MsgBox, Extra action 3
	}
	else {
		MsgBox, Default action
	}
}
Regarding "Action= RM\OpenSnipSketch.ahk", in my private setup, I use "RM\" and double-dots in paths (..\), as described in "Item Action possibilities" section in "RM\Help.htm".

It's usually not necessary to create special function for opening webpages in default browser - you can do it simply like this;

Text=	AutoHotkey
Icon=	
Action=	https://www.autohotkey.com/
Although Radial menu designer can theoretically display unlimited number of rings, RM2module and Radial menu v4 support up to 4 rings.

@Moreno: You shouldn't delete " RM\My codes\NCHITTEST.ahk" file - just delete all NCHITTEST functions in it as written in NCHITTEST.ahk' comments;
If you don't want to use this feature, simply delete all NCHITTEST functions; when they don't exist, there is nothing to execute.

@aweinberg: See this example in RM\My codes\My RMShowHotkey conditions.ahk;

; Example 2 - block RMShowHotkey if Notepad or Paint are active windows, and enable it in all other cases. ("BlackList" effect)
RMApp_RMShowHotkeyConditions() {
	WinGetClass, ActiveWinClass, % "ahk_id " WinExist("A")
	if ActiveWinClass in Notepad,MSPaintApp
		return "block"	; blocks RMShowHotkey
}
submeg

11 Mar 2021, 15:07

@Learning one , the kind words are definitely necessary; I showed it to a few people at work and they are jumping onto it as we speak! Thanks for being so interactive with a script you have built, it's definitely appreciated by those that haven't been using it from the beginning.
It's usually not necessary to create special function for opening webpages in default browser - you can do it simply like this;
Had to laugh, of course you would have thought of this!
Regarding "Action= RM\OpenSnipSketch.ahk"
After playing some more, I realised I could just add it to MyFunctions.ahk file and it will be fine.
Although Radial menu designer can theoretically display unlimited number of rings, RM2module and Radial menu v4 support up to 4 rings.
Is there any way to edit to enable a different number? Considering sub-sub menus isn't a thing, I was hoping I could add that additional ring to give some more options for laying out things how I like.
helladyhot

09 Apr 2021, 07:29

Hello everyone How do I delete a left and right gesture? I need to leave only the down gesture.
Learning one

10 Apr 2021, 18:13

submeg wrote:Is there any way to edit to enable a different number?
No unless you modify internal codes...

@helladyhot:
Just delete MG_R() and MG_L() functions from the RM\My codes\My mouse gestures.ahk;

MG_R() {    ; example
	MsgBox, 64, RM - mouse gesture example, Hello! I'm mouse gesture %A_ThisFunc%.`nYou can edit me in RM\My codes\My mouse gestures.ahk
}

MG_L() {    ; example
	MsgBox, 64, RM - mouse gesture example, Hello! I'm mouse gesture %A_ThisFunc%.`nYou can edit me in RM\My codes\My mouse gestures.ahk
}
helladyhot

11 Apr 2021, 05:57

@Learning one
Just delete MG_R() and MG_L() functions from the RM\My codes\My mouse gestures.ahk;
Yes, I disabled them, but for example, in the browser, the left gesture does not go to the back page :(
It only works if you disable RM4 completely
Code_EYg1OZ7lBQ.jpg
Code_EYg1OZ7lBQ.jpg (22.23 KiB) Viewed 3579 times
helladyhot

11 Apr 2021, 12:24

@Learning one

I would also like to make sure that the cursor does not return to the center after opening the menu.

And thank you! This is a very cool thing!
GamesOfFreak

24 Apr 2021, 23:18

I want to impement this Radial Menu Script into my Script, is this possible?
lexcite

29 Apr 2021, 17:41

Wow, thank you for hard work
im very noob in scripting, and cant figure out simple thing :(

I need to make buttons to type some text - Can't do it directly by change Item properties in Menu Deisgner, so i went other route - made ahk scripts for each button ... but it looks like i have problem with unicode ?
It gives me -
Привет.
instead of -
Привет.
What should i do to make it work?

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.

setEnglish() {
SendMessage, 0x50,, 0x4090409,, A
}
setRussian() {
SendMessage, 0x50,, 0x4190419,, A
}

setRussian()
SendInput, Привет.{enter}
sleep 500
setEnglish()
Return
lexcite

30 Apr 2021, 08:51

UTF-8 BOM made my day :)
daniel

07 May 2021, 14:40

¿Has anyone tried running two radial menus at the same time?, set off by two different RMShowHotkeys. I figured I’d ask before trying myself.

EDIT: It works. I have two instances of Radial Menu 4 (64-bit) running simultaneously, one set off by right-click and the other, middle-click.

Very cool! 😎😁
daniel

09 May 2021, 18:37

RMShowHotkeyOn:
PostMessage("Radial menu - message receiver", 51)
doesn’t seem to work on my system. I’m currently running one instance Radial Menu 64-bit, and the 51 message doesn’t do anything. The sound buttons don’t work either. The suspend keys work fine. Reload and ExitApp do too. I don’t know what’s going on. These are my general settings:

RMSelectMethod =	click
RMShowHotkey =		F13
RMShowMethod =		0
RSMShowHotkey =	LButton
Antony

25 May 2021, 13:57

Hello,
Just downloaded Radial menu.
Unfortunately the website is no longer available. Is there other source for help documentation and the tutorial video?
Antony

25 May 2021, 14:34

Following up questions :)
2. According to the head pictures, it is possible to create similar 8-items pie-menus:
2021-05-25193002.jpg
2021-05-25193002.jpg (24.74 KiB) Viewed 3202 times
I guess I need proper skin for that? Can anybody upload it (as far as the official site isn't available)?
3. Can I create multiple menus for an application, and assign different hotkeys to call them? Lets say for CAD Fusion360 I need 4 menus(views, shading, sketches, operations), and for Solidworks I need 3 other.

Thanks in advance for answers
comvox

26 May 2021, 12:20

*Antony, it's been years since I started using Radial Menu, so there's a lot of things I don't remember, especially about skins, and I may get some terminology garbled. Also, I didn't know the RM website was down. But, if I recall right, it was the RM help file and discussion on the ahk forum that provided me the bulk of information about RM. In any case,

* The basic radial menu can have submenus. So the overall radial menu could have the different submenus for CAD Fusion360 and Solidworks.

* You can also have any number of different standalone radial menus, each called by its own hotkey. Check out RM2module.zip for information about stand-alone and docked radial menus. It takes a bit of time to look through this, but radial menus can do some amazing things. (And while a standalone radial menu does not directly have submenus like the basic radial menu, there is a way around that.)

* But then again, maybe the "Context-sensitive radial menus" section of the Radial Menu help file is what you need. It would, for example, show you how to have a radial menu designed with submenus such as views and shading, but these submenus changed according to whether one was in CAD Fusion360 or Solidworks.

One way or another, you can get multiple menus for different applications.
Antony

26 May 2021, 14:42

Thank you @comvox for detailed answer,
Yesterday I downloaded the program, and couldn't find any documentation - the links on the tutorial video and site are broken, no help inside of the main window...
But thanks to you I re-checked the folder and found there Help.html. I think it's a good starting point even without any tutorials/demonstrations. I will definitely dig into it, the program looks very useful.
Learning one

03 Jun 2021, 17:19

I recently realized that radial menu website is down. I wasn't able to re-upload it at its old address, so I had to move it to new location: Radial menu v4 website.
I was busy so I guess it's to late to answer questions above...
helladyhot

12 Jun 2021, 05:42

Antony wrote:
2. According to the head pictures, it is possible to create similar 8-items pie-menus:
2021-05-25193002.jpg
I guess I need proper skin for that? Can anybody upload it (as far as the official site isn't available)?
3. Can I create multiple menus for an application, and assign different hotkeys to call them? Lets say for CAD Fusion360 I need 4 menus(views, shading, sketches, operations), and for Solidworks I need 3 other.

Hello! Oh, how wonderful it is, I also work in 3d and cad programs, we can join forces and solve the problem together! Please let me know what you've already done and what you haven't. And I would prefer to communicate by mail, discord, telegram, etc. Thanks!
submeg

24 Jul 2021, 04:09

Learning one wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 18:13
submeg wrote:Is there any way to edit to enable a different number?
No unless you modify internal codes...
Hey @Learning one, I know you have said not to edit the internal codes, completely understand that, but I would really like to get that fifth ring up and running.

Over the years that I have been using AHK, I have changed the different types of keyboards and mice that I use. The last 18 months have been very solid; I had settled on using two external numpads in tandem to create lots of available hotkey combinations. However, since using the Radial Menu from the start of the year, I've realised that I can go back to a normal keyboard again! Just today, I finally copied all the scripts that I had assigned to those numpads across to the Radial Menu (creating over 400 icons along the way!).

I have already enabled four rings (five in the RM editor), but having access to just one more would be perfect. If someone can point me to the spot in the code that I can edit to allow the menu to recognise that fifth ring it would be great.

EDIT: I had a look through the ahk files to see if I could work it out myself...

RM2Module.ahk
• On line 240 is RM2_On, which I'm assuming boots the Radial Menu?

• On line 303 it has -
MaxItemsPerMenu := v1 + v2 + v3 + v4, RM2_Reg("MaxItemsPerMenu",MaxItemsPerMenu)
I assumed that the numbers refers to the rings? I thought I could add + v5 to include the fifth ring?

• On line 865 it has -
TotalItemsRingAll := TotalItemsRing1 + TotalItemsRing2 + TotalItemsRing3 + TotalItemsRing4
I added + TotalItemsRing5 to the end of the line

• RM2_Reg( and RM2_RegOR( are involved, but I can't find RM2_Reg( and RM2_RegOR( has variable names not in English, so I can't understand them

RMApp lib.ahk
• On line 1117 it has -
MaxItemsPerMenu := v1 + v2 + v3 + v4
I assumed that the numbers refers to the rings? I thought I could add + v5 to include the fifth ring?

The changes didn't break the RM, but the 5th ring isn't appearing while the menu is running, but I can see it in the designer.
Last edited by submeg on 24 Jul 2021, 07:46, edited 2 times in total.
AHK_user

24 Jul 2021, 04:26

Antony wrote:
2021-05-25193002.jpg

You could also try out an alternative radial menu class. Its not that flashy, but works very well and is easily implemented with some ahk lines.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”