This is a major release of the KeyPress OSD [by Marius Sucan]. The entire code was reorganized and comments were added through different sections. I hope it is now more welcoming for possible contribuitors.
I also added various features and fixed bugs. If you find any bug, please report it
. All files were updated: binaries, non-binaries, GitHub and so on.
On GitHub: https://github.com/marius-sucan/KeyPress-OSD
Main AHK file:
http://marius.sucan.ro/media/files/blog ... ss-osd.ahk
ZIP Package compiled [x64 / x32]
http://marius.sucan.ro/media/files/blog ... mpiled.zip
by Marius Sucan (robodesign.ro)
- [new] option to automatically erase text on window change
- various bug fixes and minor improvements in varying contexts
- [new] options to change shape, width and size of the caret halo [possible thanks to Drugwash]
- small improvements to caret jumps
- more work on comments through the code
- minor bug fixes
- [new] option to set interval for text expansion
- [new] option to deactivate automatic pasting of clipboard content when selecting a previous clipboard
- [new] for clipboard history, an option to set a limit for formatted texts; what exceeds this limit, will be stored as raw text.
- changed the way I present the help information at Typing Mode window
- removed option to send key strokes to host app when using alternate typing mode; it was poorly working
- reorganized the entire code [+9500 lines]; I grouped functions in a logical manner and added comments
- [new] added customization options in the UI for caret halo [at Keyboard preferences window] based on the work of Drugwash
- [new] run in safe mode; deactivates auxiliary AHK_H threads. Features deactivated: mouse features, sounds / beepers, and others.
- if it crashes during INIT, safe mode option is presented to the user
- the OSD can now be dragged by key states LEDs [OSD indicators], even if KeyPress is set to hide the OSD on mouse hover
- [major bug fix] alternate typing mode was not working in the previous versions; now it works again
- [new] added more customization options in the UI for mouse ripples based on the work of Drugwash; colors can now be changed
- various bug fixes
- added the ability to customize text caret halo and mouse ripples
- many improvements to mouse ripples and other mouse functions
- now, with mouse ripples enabled, the direction is indicated when using wheel up/down or left/right.
- the update in real time of options at Mouse preferences window is much improved
- show preview is now a permanent option
- when forcing an update, KeyPress will now make a backup of the current files
- various improvements under the hood
- code improvements and clean up
by Marius Sucan (robodesign.ro)
- more fixes for Clipboard history
- fixed a bug with [very] large clipboards when Clipboard history is enabled
- when the script is suspended or the OSD is set to not show, the clipboard manager will no longer save what the user copies in the clipboard
- fixed bug that caused the expandable words list to get duplicated over and over...
- other minor fixes
- fixed bug that caused crashes on x32
PS. This is the complete log since my last post.
Best regards, Marius.