Mouse And Keyboard Macro Recorder

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
feiyue

Re: Mouse And Keyboard Macro Recorder

29 May 2019, 03:04

1. The save path of the original script is the program directory of AutoHotkey.exe.
You can easily change to other directories, such as: LogFile:="c:\a.txt" :beer:

Code: Select all

dir:=A_IsCompiled ? A_ScriptDir : RegExReplace(A_AhkPath,"\\[^\\]+$")
LogFile:=dir "\Record.txt"
2. When you want to loop, you can click the "Edit" button to open the notepad.
Add "Loop {" at the front of the code, and "}" at the end of the code,
then close the notepad(save the changes), then click the "Play" button to run.
0x00

29 May 2019, 07:18

Just a quick question, the version currently posted in the OP is v2.0 & recall seeing v4.6, so i was wondering why the drastic revert to such a primitive version when you had made it so powerful in the later versions. Just wondering... because I've been using ahk for years & i still rely on macro recorders for some quick & dirty automation every so often & this script is among the best Macro Recorders on this forum & i loved the scope of the later versions, cheers.
feiyue

30 May 2019, 01:34

My original intention was to provide a simple recording tool for beginners.
As I added more and more private functions to this recording tool,
it became more and more complex, making it difficult for beginners to use.
My English is not good enough to explain how to use it clearly.
So I gave up the later version.
0x00

01 Jun 2019, 01:41

@feiyue Got it, I'd like to suggest you maybe place the last version in a spoiler tag labelled 'abandoned extended version' or something though, it's much too useful to be completely removed, just a thought. Cheers, awesome improvements on FindText btw.
Probydoby

26 Jul 2019, 08:22

@feiyue ,

Signed on to thank you for this script. First I used the basic one, as the more advanced one was hidden. I had to use a website cacher to go find the old, more advanced, version in this thread.

I think it would be useful to post it separately, thanks again for the work you put into it. :bravo:
Virlix

17 Oct 2019, 06:43

Hello!!

Please, where i could find the last version.

tks
burque505

17 Oct 2019, 13:23

@Virlix, if by last version you mean 2.0 (latest), it's on the first page of this thread. For anyone interested in 3.0, 4.5, 4.5a or 4.6, I'm attaching them here.
Attachments
MacroRecorders.zip
(44.73 KiB) Downloaded 1378 times
need4speed

06 Mar 2020, 20:00

Edit: my request was probably too confusing, allow me to rephrase my question:

What needs to be changed in the script (Macro Recorder v2.0 ) to have the buttons actually work, when pressing them using a mouse?

Edit2: figured it out myself, altered the loop, after creating the corresponding labels, the buttons work. Not elegant, but working.

Code: Select all

Gui, Add, Button, %j% gRun%i%, %v%
Last edited by need4speed on 10 Mar 2020, 05:30, edited 1 time in total.
SOTE

08 Mar 2020, 06:19

feiyue wrote:
30 May 2019, 01:34
My original intention was to provide a simple recording tool for beginners.
As I added more and more private functions to this recording tool,
it became more and more complex, making it difficult for beginners to use.
My English is not good enough to explain how to use it clearly.
So I gave up the later version.
As I played with making Macro Recorders, I can understand where Feiyue is coming from (minus any translation errors). The more advanced the Macro Recorder becomes, the closer you are getting to creating something like Pulover’s Macro Creator or an RDA/RPA (Robotic Process Automation) application. This is because of Control Flow and placing additional logic into the script. By the way, the creator of Pulover's Macro Creator (programmed in AutoHotkey) has announced he plans an update, after years of absence (https://www.macrocreator.com/2019/10/28/trying-to-continue-the-project/). However, it's unclear if and when the update will happen.

There is a split between creating something simple and easy for beginners and non-programmers to use versus creating something that can be used for complex automation tasks. Feiyue's Macro Recorder 2.0 accomplished the simple and easy, so understand why he would be reluctant to go further with that type of script. Maybe it should be called Feiyue's Simple Macro Recorder 2.0. That a user that has never played with AutoHotkey and has never done any programming, can get and use such a tool is great and leads the way for them to get curious and want to learn more.

For the advanced versions, it looks like Feiyue would have to create his own variation of Pulover's Macro Creator Tool. Clearly it can be done, as something like FindText (also by Feiyue) shows it could be part of some more advanced application. Maybe call it Feiyue's Advanced Macro Creator. Then it could be loaded with more RDA/RPA like features, to handle more complex tasks.
Krd

10 Mar 2020, 02:55

Hello.

I get the error message Record.txt isn't found. When I make one under ahkdir. It doesn't help.

I'm using the latest stable version. Maybe this is for older versions?

I really need a recorder for mouse at least. Any one knows one that works in 2020?

I'm totally nueb, coming from x-keys:) But I want to be good at this. I will study it.

Thank you
adegard

11 Mar 2020, 15:25

@Krd Try this, it's not perfect but can record mouse moves, click and keyboard:

place the two file in the same folder.

Launch macro_recorder_v02
Ctrl+R to start

Ctrl+D to stop

It will create "macro.ahk"

macro_recorder_v02.ahk:
Spoiler
recorde_keys.ahk :
Spoiler
Krd

11 Mar 2020, 16:03

Thank you very much.

I will try your recorder.

I got the other one working by running it directly as administrator in autohotkey folder. But I first created a Record.txt file from desktop and moved it to same folder.

I like this thing so far. It kinda looks modern compared to others out there.

I really appreciate developers and you guys.
feiyue

11 Mar 2020, 23:24

Updated to 2.1 version - 2020/03/12
1. Put the record file in the temporary folder to avoid that some computers cannot generate the record file.
2. Record the actual delay instead of a uniform delay of 0.5 seconds.
... Note: if the actual delay is large, please modify the record file yourself.
3. I added "Loop, 1 {...}" statement at the beginning and end of the record file,
... You can modify the number of loops by yourself. For infinite loops, you can use "Loop {".
Krd

12 Mar 2020, 04:23

Fantastic, 👍 for actual delay!!!
Berrserkerworm

19 Mar 2020, 21:13

How do you use the loop function? sorry first time using AHK.
Swagger100

19 Mar 2020, 21:59

Does this script start recording after running as an administrator? and where you could see the script code after the recording is finished
geotabs

08 May 2020, 10:38

Thanks for this great tool, I'm using V3
I'm new to this macro and am finding it hard to figure out how and where to save the macros to to use them?
I have created 3 of them but the only way I can figure out how to play them in the GUI is to copy and paste the text files I created, is there a way to just use a hotkey to run in the original AHK file without having the GUI open?

Thanks for the help! :D
skido

09 May 2020, 11:57

excellent! thank you so much
zaphodikus

10 May 2020, 15:29

Sorry to necro here, but is this shipped as a binary now call "Pullover", or is this still something that wants a maintainer?
Have used AHK on and off for some time. Very much the basics only.
I am a software tester, and use AHK to explore corner cases. But mostly use it to tweak games or graphics creations.
gregster

10 May 2020, 15:55

zaphodikus wrote:
10 May 2020, 15:29
Sorry to necro here, but is this shipped as a binary now call "Pullover", or is this still something that wants a maintainer?
This here was updated recently, in march, and afaik has a much smaller scope than Pulover's Macro Creator - which hasn't been updated for a few years.

For both, the source code ia available. If Pulover is looking for a new maintainer, I have no idea. Afaik, last year he still planned to continue his project as soon as he had time available, but that seems to be a problem.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”