tuncay

Ahk Standard Library Collection, 2014 May (+Gui) ~ Libs: 100

29 May 2014, 06:39

Deprecated

Database
Timestamp: 2015-02-03
Libraries: 100
Ahk Compatible: Basic 1.0

No external Download, this ZIP-Archiv contains everything. Look for attached file. Update routine does not work anymore.
ahkstdlib_legacy.zip
Deprecated old collection without any new updates.
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 653 times
Download from my webpage
Alternative Download from Google Drive

The archive contains all files and no other download is needed.
Image LICENSE: Please note, the script itself is GNU GPL licensed. The source code must be open, if you publish modified source of this script. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_General_Public_License. Attention: The libraries have all its own licenses.
screenshot.png
Screenshot of the LibraryExplorer.ahk under Windows 7 64 Bit.
Table of Content (for this post)
  • Description
  • Database in ini format
  • Call for all library and function developers
  • See also, more material
Description

:!: The included scripts are from Timestamp 2010-09-18. This is a small update only, for the new home. No new updates planned, it is uploaded for legacy reason. There is a new activity with similiar goal: pAHKlight - Your Lightweight Guide to AHK libs+classes+tools. All efforts should go there.

This is my first attempt of creating a collection and sharing of stdlib compatible libraries. It does contain the source, if available a documentation, if available the license text, one sample per lib and some other notes, like if it is strictly stdlib conform (no globals in use etc.).

All these information are collected by hand into one place and saved in an ini file. The associated files can be found as a flat filesystem. The default Gui default script, which is provided with the database, makes it very easy to test the scripts without installing something. It shows buttons for opening the forum posts and the related documentation.

From time to time, I was adding more and more libraries, which I found good enough for this. Some libraries I was interested in are not included, because they are not stdlib compatible or easily usable/installable because of some conflicts, i.e. majkinetors Forms Framework.

Database in ini format

Any suggestion is welcome. If you like, post your favorite library not listed in the database in following format:

Code: Select all

[0]
GUID=regex("\w{8}-\w{4}-\w{4}-\w{4}-\w{12}") ; Generated with Titan`s uuid.ahk
Abstract={string}
Description={string}
Prefix=regex("\w+")
Date=regex("\d+") ; yyyymmdd
Revision={string}
Author={csv}
Discussion={url}
Source={url}
Documentation={url}
Sample={url}
License={string}
LicenseSource={url}
Category={csv}
Standalone="yes|no"
StdLibConform="yes|no"
Dependency={csv} ; filename: GUID
Notes={string}
Not all keys/fields must be present. As an example, look at this:

Code: Select all

[4]
GUID=f24c8170-955e-126a-98a5-19ac76b08d4a
Abstract=Text file & Variables/String Library
Description=As the name suggest this is a AHK Library with a number of functions to "manipulate" text, both files such as *.txt, *.ahk, *.html, *.css etc AND Strings (or variables). It is NOT useful for binary files or data such as MS Office files, PDFs, EXEcutables, images etc.
Prefix=TF
Date=20100416
Revision=3.3
Author=hugov
Discussion= http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46195
Source=tf.ahk
Documentation=tf.htm
Sample=tf_demo.ahk
Category=FileSystem, Text, Strings
Standalone=yes
StdLibConform=no
Notes=It is not strictly stdlib conform, because globals are in use.
I will check and verify that, before it gets added into the database.

Call for all library and function developers

If you are a developer of any function, then have it in mind others could use it with the stdlib mechanism. Every function should reside in a library (that is a file containing functions only). A library is stdlib compatible, if the main usable functions lead to automatically inclusion of the library.

Names: To avoid possible conflict, please see what others have done and which function names and prefixes they uses. Different libraries cannot share same set of names.
Script: Please do provide the needed information in a standardized way if it is possible. Most important infos which I cannot guess often are the date of last edit and the version. At least, one of them should be available.
Official example scripts would be good to have, but it is not required. If there is no one, I`ll create one.
What you should do allways is, making an external documentation. It does not need to cover every aspect, begin to write down the most important informations first.
License: And I beg you, please make a notice about what license your script uses. That is an often neglected part, which can cause serious problems. I recommend the GNU Lesser General Public License.

See also, more material
Last edited by tuncay on 08 Feb 2015, 10:54, edited 2 times in total.
tuncay

Re: Ahk Standard Library Collection, 2014 Mai (+Gui) ~ Libs:

08 Feb 2015, 10:52

Reuploaded original archive and updated links. Timestamp is new, but practically nothing is changed, only the internal link is updated (sorry, its pointing to old forum thread, as it is the home of it and the the archive was made for old AutoHotkey in mind). It is the same old archive for Basic AutoHotkey. Some libraries maybe outdated. It is disconintinued and I upload it for archival reason. Don't ask for updates.

2015-02-03

* No real update, just changed the internal link adress to new forum and updated the timestamp. Everything else should be the same. Also included a compiled version of script (on Win7 64 bit, AutoHotkey Basic 1.0.48.5).

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”