EitherMouse 0.8 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools
gwarble

Re: EitherMouse 0.8 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

12 Aug 2020, 14:12

Thats the real problem with aggressive false positives, people are now clicking through and accepting on things without even thinking about it because you have to do the same thing for clearly legitimate programs! grr
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .
9swampy

09 Sep 2020, 18:50

Brilliant! Kudos @gwarble.

As a leftie that's developed RSI I got myself a leftie ergonomic mouse and discovered something I never even considered in 40 years of pretty much using a compuer mouse every day; I left click with the left button and right click with the right - never even occurred to me righties left click with their index and right click with their middle. Some genius decided to flip the left and right buttons on a leftie mouse to compensate leaving it completely unusable for me. One came with a driver that allowed me to flip the buttons - but it's no more than a shortcut for the global windows setting so all mice got affected. EitherMouse worked! Suitable caution given to the false positive virus warning...

However, I access dozens upon dozens of sessions via RDP and I'm finding it's not quite behaving right with RDP. Seems like this gets confused with which mouse is being passed through; sometimes it works, sometimes not. Anyone got any tips to apply? Do I have to run in every instance? Is there a way to pre-recognise my leftie mouse as mouse 1 every time and my rightie as mouse 2 and have the settings keep in sync?
gwarble

09 Sep 2020, 19:32

Thanks for the feedback... There is some misbehaving with RDP and VNC connections because of the way the window is accepting input and passing it along to the remote session. The best workaround I've found has been to actually revert back to the method I used in v0.1 of swapping mouse buttons, via hotkey... Unfortunately I haven't re-explored implementing that method back into EitherMouse in quite some time.

Start by exploring X-Mouse Button Control and see if it solves your problem, in combination with EitherMouse... at one point I was in discussion with the author to work on a communication method between our two tools but it didn't really go anywhere unfortunately.

I will bump up a solution on my to do list but I rarely have time to work on this much (and am totally turned off by the false positive virus flagging going on, its bullshit for the small "developer")
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .

Return to “Scripts and Functions”