EitherMouse 0.8 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
alexbor

Re: EitherMouse 0.75 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

10 Jan 2019, 16:10

Thank you very much! Indeed it fixes the problem! Why not to uncomment this by default or add an option in settings (like 'ignore software mouse')?
gwarble

10 Jan 2019, 19:14

Some users need it so I don't want to just uncomment it out. I've implemented an option but haven't fully tested it yet for release (and its not obvious what it does, so I need to reword the option and add context help)... mostly just a matter of free time :(
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .
marcellus26

24 May 2019, 21:10

Hello.

I was looking for a program like Ethermouse for some time. It seems that Lenovo is using a version of Synaptics Ultranav that doesn't support different configurations for both trackpad and another mice.

So I downloaded Ethermouse and, although it looks impressive, I wonder if it is possible to change the click lock for each mouse one have on their system. This could be very handy.

Thank you very much!
Marcellus
Maave

08 Jul 2019, 11:07

alexbor wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 16:10
Thank you very much! Indeed it fixes the problem! Why not to uncomment this by default or add an option in settings (like 'ignore software mouse')?
The 0.76 beta has "ignore zero device" in the advanced menu. Works well for me, I use AHK's click command. gwarble links it on page 11. At the time the link pointed to 0.741 beta but now it's 0.76 beta.
gwarble

17 Aug 2019, 11:04

Thanks Maave, yes the Beta version has the "ignore zero device" option in the advanced menu, one of these days I will get around to updating the main release.

macrellus26: the Beta version also has an option "toggle click lock", I don't remember how well it was implemented but try it out:

https://www.EitherMouse.com/Beta/
Last edited by gwarble on 06 Sep 2019, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .
douglasg14b

23 Aug 2019, 14:14

I checked this on VirusTotal before downloading. And it's flagged for a few things. https www.virustotal.com /gui/file/4a39533c73ff3f38185b556f3f4d5f5ece27caba69071e905d2905e00d2f9b37/detection Broken Link for safety

@gwarble Can you provide insight as to why? And why the flagged behavior can be ignored?
gwarble

23 Aug 2019, 22:43

Sorry for the copy-and-paste answer but basically this:
Thanks for the feedback, its a known and ongoing false positive problem with antivirus software. Most will let you ignore the detection or add it to a whitelist. You can try reporting the false positive to your antivirus company, but I gave up bothering with that years ago as i never made any progress. To date, since first released in 2009, i have not once found an actual infection of any file from eithermouse.com... and if you run it through virustotal.com you usually get around 2 out of 65 false positives. Personally i assume 2 are wrong and 63 are right, but i guess thats for the end user to decide. I will double check that there are no infections currently and let you know if I'm mistaken. Someday I will buy the license needed to created "signed" executables that may (or may not) help with the false positives, but its not cheap. You can also try downloading EitherMouse.exe directly, or EitherMouse.zip and extract, and skip the setup program to see if that helps, or temporarily disable your antivirus software.

https://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-report-malware-or-false-positives-multiple-antivirus-vendors.htm
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/security/portal/submission/submit.aspx

This problem is not isolated to EitherMouse, but it is a long term problem with AutoHotkey in general, which is a product of it being a very powerful scripting language, and some malicious users exploiting that. EitherMouse is not malicious in its function, but has the capability to be (a similar script with no way to restore mouse button functionality would be considered malware, and the executable would vary by almost nothing.
I hope that helps answer your question. You have to be the one to determine if the flagged behavior can be ignored, but I can tell you for sure that I personally have never put anything malicious in my own released code.
- joel
Bill Board

29 Aug 2019, 09:28

I have used EitherMouse for years on other computers, but it just doesn't work on this new one (Win 10). I've tried installing on different drives (I have 5), created an exception in Windows Defender... there's no system tray icon visible and only one mouse pointer shows up, even though it seems to install successfully and recognize both mice on setup. Could it be because I have multiple monitors? Wrong drive? When I click EitherMouse in Start menu, nothing happens. For the life of me I can't figure out what's wrong, which is really frustrating since I love this utility. Thanks for any help!
gwarble

29 Aug 2019, 18:36

check the task manager and make sure its actually running... if you don't have a tray icon for EitherMouse then it probably isn't.

Antivirus sounds like a likely culprit... you could try installing it to %temp% and see if that changes anything? I haven't heard of this problem so I hope its something on your computer (sorry)
I believe it can be installed in safe mode as well (but i haven't tried on Win10)

you can also try finding or downloading the EitherMouse.exe directly and see what happens in case the installer is the problem.

- joel
Bill Board

01 Sep 2019, 15:16

Thank you. You're right it's not running. The url to the .exe file is not working, same problem installing to temp, I turned off everything I could that might be blocking it...it's a brand new machine with nothing but a clean Win 10 Pro install so far, so I'm at a loss. I'll keep you posted on any progress.
gwarble

01 Sep 2019, 16:19

does the .exe exist at program files (x86)\EitherMouse\?

since you don’t appear to be a frequent user of this forum, feel free to email me directly if its easier for you:

[email protected]
Last edited by gwarble on 06 Sep 2019, 01:07, edited 3 times in total.
gwarble

Re: EitherMouse 0.79 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

05 Sep 2019, 00:46

new update, minor fixes and adding some of the above discussed beta options to the main release

also a new website host, so far i’m impressed with freehosting.com but please report any issues downloading or using this new email address [email protected]

also many thanks to Tyler for donating webhosting services for the last couple years, and many thanks to all who have donated $ over the years, which directly paid for the SSL cert for the site, $30!

EitherMouse 0.79
Multiple mice, individual settings...
Download EitherMouse Setup.exe
Visit https://www.EitherMouse.com
Contact [email protected]
Last edited by gwarble on 07 Sep 2019, 17:32, edited 2 times in total.
joedf

05 Sep 2019, 08:59

@gwarble If You ever choose to leave this project, I can set up an archival page on the ahk.com server. If not, you can also use github for a free website host :+1:
It's what I use, there is free https and they support custom domain names.
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
gwarble

05 Sep 2019, 13:02

back when i was hosting at home and had a down server, you posted an archive which i now link to with

https://eithermouse.com/Mirror

could you change the url to just

autohotkey.com/EitherMouse

and let me update the files there? or even if you did once and i didn’t have access at least there would be an active mirror i could refer people to?

i dont plan on abandoning the project but thanks for the support

as for GitHub, last time i looked into it i couldn’t just host my own static webpage, only host the project in github’s style which i didn’t want
joedf

05 Sep 2019, 13:33

There's too much overhead for me to give you access, but you can email the page and files to host, and I can set it up for you :+1:
Also, on github: you can host your own static page. I dont use github's styles at all. My personal site is completely custom html, js, css, etc., not using github's jekyll or whatever env they have.
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
gwarble

05 Sep 2019, 15:55

great thanks, let me do some updates and i’ll send you something final

i didn’t know you could do that on github, i might give it another try if this new one doesn’t work out... and you can have .exe’s for download?
gwarble

07 Sep 2019, 15:06

very cool, thanks for the info i’ll keep that in my back pocket... for now i’m pretty impressed with freehosting.com which, besides a one time fee for https, seems to be working pretty well and allows some good features (.htaccess, webmail, mysql, cpanel) for a no reoccurring cost host
Last edited by gwarble on 07 Sep 2019, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.
gwarble

09 Sep 2019, 18:52

One user so far has reported that the new version is acting up, acting like an un-swapped mouse despite the EitherMouse settings... Windows 10... If anyone has any issues please let me know, I'm unable to duplicate on my end.

If anyone is using the new version (0.79 or 0.80) and is having problems or is working perfectly, please let me know!
Thanks,
- Joel

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”