EitherMouse 0.8 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
gwarble

Re: EitherMouse 0.8 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

18 Oct 2019, 10:22

hopefully its trivial and I will incorporate whats needed for you and other users that may already use chocolatey, but honestly I personally don't think this distribution/update model is value-add. Most administrators would just use a couple lines in powershell to download and install with command line parameters I would think.
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .
mattdoofus

06 Dec 2019, 19:05

I've tried searching this thread a bit and saw you were possibly adding the ability to lock each cursor to a specific monitor. Is this still going to be added? A program called Pluralinput does this but sadly doesn't work with my mice.
gwarble

20 Dec 2019, 12:48

mattdoofus: it was never implemented as a feature, only as a plugin... I will see if I can dig it out, but the usefulness is limited by the inability to use both mice simultaneously without interference

zaekaleem: thanks... for over 10 years since releasing EitherMouse, I can't believe its not built in
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .
abhirkmv

Re: EitherMouse 0.59 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

26 Jan 2020, 09:48

gwarble wrote:
25 Sep 2014, 13:20
I added two simple things last night that will allow for many of the requests for features and other things to be added by the end user...
- custom mouse button remapping (for peter723pan, peterpanExample.ahk)
I also want to do a more complex swap: swap left and right buttons, THEN left and middle buttons.
Where can I find this peterpanExample.ahk?
I cant open the /plugins directory on the eithermouse website
gwarble

26 Jan 2020, 11:27

I haven't really tested the state of the plugin system in quite some time, but I put them back up for you to experiment with:
https://www.eithermouse.com/Plugins/

Here is the PeterPanExample:

Code: Select all

#NoEnv
#SingleInstance, Force
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%

OnMessage(WM_EitherMouse:=DllCall("RegisterWindowMessage",Str,"EitherMouse"),"WM_EitherMouse")
 DetectHiddenWindows, On
 SendMessage,WM_EitherMouse,WM_EitherMouse,1,,ahk_exe EitherMouse.exe,,,,5000
 LastActiveMouse := ActiveMouse := ErrorLevel
 GoSub, Hotkeys

Return

WM_EitherMouse(wParam,lParam) {
 global ActiveMouse, LastActiveMouse
 LastActiveMouse := ActiveMouse
 ActiveMouse := lParam
 If (LastActiveMouse <> ActiveMouse)
  SetTimer, Hotkeys, -50
}

Hotkeys:
 If ActiveMouse = 2
  Suspend, Off
 Else
  Suspend, On
Return

XButton1::RButton
XButton2::LButton
LButton::Send {XButton2}
RButton::Send {XButton1}

Esc::ExitApp
tomgoodell

20 Mar 2020, 10:10

Hi, I've just discovered your script, and it's something I've needed for a long time. I'd love to get it working. My need is to be able to have a regular mouse on the right side of my keyboard and a trackball on the left side, and have the cursor speeds set differently for them, because their native sensitivity is different. If mouse settings are good for the left hand trackball the right hand mouse is way too fast.

When I run EitherMouse, I can pop up the configuration window, but it doesn't seem to have any way to know that there are two mice. When I first run it and it asks me to move the primary mouse, I move the right hand mouse around then click on OK. When I click on the icon in the task bar the "Settings of" box is empty. I can type in a name there, but when I change the settings and type in a different name, the settings apply to both mice and I don't see a way to switch to the other mouse settings.

I've tried beta 0.84 but that behaved the same way.

Can you provide any guidance? I'd LOVE to get this working and would gladly make a donation if I can.

Thanks!
gwarble

20 Mar 2020, 11:22

Try toggling "ignore zero device" in the advanced settings menu... If so your devices' driver software package might be interfering and blocking the device ID from being detectable by EitherMouse, the workaround setting might help but if both devices are like that it might still not really work the way you want without uninstalling some of the mouse drivers/software
RSMilward

25 Apr 2020, 15:12

I've got a laptop with a 4K screen & touchpad (as Mouse1), and an external 1920x1200 as my right-side-extended desktop, with a USB mouse as Mouse2. I position the Mouse1 cursor mid-screen on the internal screen, likewise with Mouse2 on the external. When I move Mouse1, Mouse2 jumps to the far right edge of its screen. Am I missing something in the settings, or is this a bug?
newbeeb3

30 May 2020, 23:38

I have two mice connected and ran this. When it starts it says "please move primary button". However, I haven't been able to figure out any way to access any function on my second mouse? How am I supposed to interact with it?

The only screen I'm able to get to (by clicking it in the system tray) is the main screen that says

Configure:
MultiCursor
ToolTip
Settings of: _____
Swap Mouse Buttons
Mirror Cursors
Swap Navigation Buttons
Mouse Speed
Enhance Poitner Precision
Double Click Speed
Scroll Wheel Speed
Reverse scroll direction
Reverse Horizontal scroll.

Next to Settings of there is an autohotkey icon, if I click it I get a weird menu I don't understand, those options say Logo Mouse Cursor Blue Arrow Red Arrow Number None... I thought they may be used to change the icon in the system tray but they don't have this function.

I have no other means of interacting with this software and I don't understand how I'm supposed to use it. (I haven't found a manual).

Could you help? I am on Windows 10.

Here are the screens I can see: https://imgur.com/a/MMm3oeZ

A couple of times I was able to bring up these set of options but I'm not sure what i clicked or how I was able to bring them up: https://imgur.com/a/ZSIcu4p

What am I supposed to do to bring that menu up again?

How do I interact with this software? How do I use it?

Thanks for any assistance.
gwarble

31 May 2020, 09:21

Did you compile yourself? Try running the EitherMouse.exe from www.EitherMouse.com and see if you still have issues before attenpting a custom compilation (the icons aren’t there in the gui)

it sounds like neither mouse is being detected
gwarble

31 May 2020, 09:23

This looks like a bug with MultiCursor mode, i will look into it thanks

RSMilward wrote:
25 Apr 2020, 15:12
I've got a laptop with a 4K screen & touchpad (as Mouse1), and an external 1920x1200 as my right-side-extended desktop, with a USB mouse as Mouse2. I position the Mouse1 cursor mid-screen on the internal screen, likewise with Mouse2 on the external. When I move Mouse1, Mouse2 jumps to the far right edge of its screen. Am I missing something in the settings, or is this a bug?
hendrik0o

10 Jun 2020, 06:55

is it possible to do this with ur program example:
I have 2 mouses what I would like to know if its possible to have mouse 1 which im using all the time to have a button to activate to make ur pc think ur playing on mouse 2 but still use mouse 1 and of course with the same button switch again to mouse 1 input.
If anyone has some knowledge about this one or set me up I would highly appreciate it.

Thanks
gwarble

18 Jun 2020, 09:27

No sorry, EitherMouse only reacts to the mouse being used, it doesn't intercept the source of that input... try searching for AutoHotInterception maybe?
erwe

22 Jun 2020, 04:07

Great Work!!!!!
Small Wish: Color for Mouse-Cursor (f.e. red) and xtra-xtra Large Cursor.
Thank you, nice day, Greets, erwe
gwarble

23 Jun 2020, 21:32

Thank you, and thanks for the suggestions... I also would find both useful and have had them on my to do list for a while, but haven't got around to them. I will try to prioritize some further investigation into this...

Of course if you want to "hack" around, this is totally doable yourself, I won't be adding it as a feature until I have a way to change the size and/or change the color dynamically, I don't want to bloat the .exe with all the combinations of colors and sizes desired, although one more larger size would be easy enough the colors get silly... Someone on these forums, G.Sporetto (or similar, from memory) helped me with some GDI/GDI+ to take a white cursor and create a colored version programmatically, but I never quite worked out all the bugs to fully implement it.

If you just want to get it working on your system until then, you can use Resource Hacker to replace the cursors within EitherMouse.exe, and make the "windows xp" option into "extra extra large" and something like "windows 98" into "red XXL"... If you don't want to attempt this yourself I'd be willing to make you a custom build next time I have free time to spend on it.

- Joel
joedf

22 Jul 2020, 09:48

I've had to remove the mirror because google is starting to flag parts of the site again.
https://www.autohotkey.com/joe_df/autohotkey_scripts_archive/EitherMouse_v0.64/EitherMouse.html
but I've added a zip backup of the site downloads here (to avoid auto-scans, the password is 1234):
https://www.autohotkey.com/joe_df/autohotkey_scripts_archive/eithermouse

It will take some time before anything under the following is unflagged:
https://www.autohotkey.com/joe_df/autohotkey_scripts_archive/eithermouse/*
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
Scatterthought

11 Aug 2020, 18:58

Hey all! I'm new to AHK and interested in trying out EitherMouse. However, when I try to go to eithermouse.com I get a browser warning that it's compromised. I downloaded the zip backup from the last post, but when I opened it my virus scanner identified trojans.

EDIT: Both of the virus detections were related to the "EitherMouse Setup.exe" file. I extracted only the EitherMouse.exe file and that doesn't seem to have any issues.
gwarble

12 Aug 2020, 09:18

Sorry all, these false positive virus problems are driving me away from even wanting to bother!! its a good thing I don't make a living off this

Please report issues to Google/Microsoft/Antivirus Vendor as well because I don't think they listen to me
joedf

12 Aug 2020, 09:55

Yes google is too aggressive, mainly inherit from it... and that's a problem... :?
There's also a mirror download here:
https://www.autohotkey.com/joe_df/autohotkey_scripts_archive/eithermouse/
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
Scatterthought

12 Aug 2020, 13:58

Sorry to add to your frustration. I use a utility for which the developer was telling people that virus warnings were false positives and should be ignored. He later discovered that his computer had been compromised, so it's hard for me to ignore the warnings with that in mind.

I downloaded from joe_df's mirror site, and the "EitherMouse Setup.exe" file in the zip archive came up with the virus warning from Symantec Endpoint Protection. It was the only file that was reported, so I avoided it and just used the EitherMouse.exe file. What does the Setup.exe file do? It doesn't seem like I needed it.

Thanks for your efforts! EitherMouse is great.
Last edited by Scatterthought on 12 Aug 2020, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”