This library was first released on the original AutoHotkey forum. You can find the original post here. New versions of the library will be posted on this forum.
The standard Edit Control is a lightweight and surprisingly powerful window control for displaying and editing text. The Edit library was created to help exploit the capabilities of this excellent control.
- Compatibility. The library and add-on functions can be run on all versions of AutoHotkey v1.1+ (ANSI, Unicode, and Unicode 64-bit).
- Find Text. Search for text in an Edit control. Supports RegEx and reverse search.
- Spell Check. The Edit_SpellCheckGUI add-on is a ready-to-go spell check module that can be used on any Edit control.
- Auto-set Tab Stops. [v1.4+] The Edit_AutoSetTabStop add-on can be used to automatically set the tab stops for tab-delimited text.
A couple of screenshots from the examples:
The pertinent files are as follows:
- Project: Edit.zip (Includes the Edit library, add-on functions, and example scripts)
- Documentation: Edit Library
Stuff to know:
- Compatibility. The library and the add-on functions are designed to run on all versions of AutoHotkey v1.1+ and most versions of Windows (Windows XP+) . The reality is that I only have one machine to test this software on. If you experience any problems with your version of AutoHotkey and/or your version of Windows, please let me know. I will try to correct the problem.
- Spell Check. The Edit_SpellCheckGUI add-on function is designed to work with any Hunspell dictionary but it has only been tested on a few dictionaries. If you have any trouble using your dictionary, please let me know. I will try to correct the problem. Also note that the prompts and labels used in the Spell Check dialog are in English. The function has been designed so that changes to the prompts can be done without having to make significant changes to the function.
- Preview functions. A few functions in the library are experimental/preview. These functions are documented as such. These functions can be modified or deleted at any time.
The following posts were helpful in the creation of this library. Thanks to the original authors.
- Edit Control Functions
The original Edit library
https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/2098 ... functions/
Syntax and some code ideas inspired by this library
https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/1760 ... it-4004-5/
https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/5243 ... de-editor/
Lightweight text editor
https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/5413 ... xt-editor/
No Dialog Find, Find Previous, Find Next, and Replace
https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/5089 ... ntry427084
Smart Word Wrap Toggle For Notepad
https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/5089 ... ntry338913
- Spell v2.0
Spell library used by the Edit_SpellCheckGUI add-on
Used by several add-on functions and examples