AutoHotStreamDeck - AHK wrapper for Elgato Stream Deck (Keys with screens in them!)

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
bar3nd

Re: AutoHotStreamDeck - AHK wrapper for Elgato Stream Deck (Keys with screens in them!)

21 Nov 2019, 03:25

Cool. That works, but I immediately run into the next challenge:

1) the image I'm loading into the button is much bigger than the 72x72 pixels, for reasons I can't really control. But I'd like the image to be scaled to the button size in the same way that loading an image into the button in the Streamdeck app works. Is that doable within this tool? I'm trying to avoid runninga global script that keeps resizing and replacing the thumbnail image that Streamdeck makes for itself...

2) I'm using two Streamdeck devices, I see how the buttons of Streamdeck 1 are 1 - 15. But how to load the image into a button on the second device? I tried '16' but it didn't work.

Thanks for any help.
evilC

Re: AutoHotStreamDeck - AHK wrapper for Elgato Stream Deck (Keys with screens in them!)

22 Nov 2019, 10:37

1) I don't think there is any way in AHSD to auto-size an image
Does it change? If not, then just manually resize it using a paint app or something and use that
2) At the start of each example script is a line that calls AHSD.Instance.GetDeck() which is passed the number of the deck to connect to. This gives you a deck object with which you can interact with that streamdeck. One deck object controls one streamdeck
bar3nd

22 Nov 2019, 12:50

Thanks,

Yes the image changes a lot. Here's my scenario: I use a video colourcorrection tool in which I can store specific presets to one of 10 gallery slots for quick recall. The software stores an example still as a .jpg in a specific folder, which it overwrites when I save a new preset to the memory slot.

If I load that image into a button through the Streamdeck app I get a nice thumbnail. But there's no way to reload that image after I store a new version, other than through the GUI. I could do some kind of watch folder script that automatically resizes and saves the image to the specific location where the Streamdeck software stores its thumbnails, but I was trying to avoid that, but it looks like it may be the best solution after all.

Barend
PublicBenemy

Animated GIF support

24 Aug 2020, 11:51

Hi there, thank you very much for this amazing tool!

The Elgato Stream Deck configuration software supports animated GIF images for the key icons
https://help.elgato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028237271-Elgato-Stream-Deck-Customizing-Key-Icons [Mod edit: Link fixed.]

When I try to do so with the Wrapper

Code: Select all

canvas.AddImage("On", AHSD.Instance.CreateImageFromFileName(A_ScriptDir "\elgato_fx_gooey_001.gif"))
it loads only a frame of the GIF into the key.

I fear that's because the underlying StreamDeckSharp maybe doesn't support it?
Unfortunately, I cannot check that.
evilC

25 Aug 2020, 09:28

My library uses StreamDeckSharp as the underlying library that communicates with the SD, so I doubt it is something I can add support for myself.
Maybe ask on their page if it supports GIFs for button images, or if it is a planned feature? Looks like he is still updating it...
https://github.com/OpenMacroBoard/StreamDeckSharp
JackbobEvolved

15 Jan 2021, 20:19

evilC - I'm running into an issue trying to access a specific Stream Deck. All of the example scripts run fine on my XL, but I'm unable to get anything working on my regular Stream Deck. I'm working on a robust client streaming solution for color grading in DaVinci Resolve, and my XL is dedicated to the Resolve, with the regular dedicated to managing the client's view. Any time I try adjusting GetDeck, it errors out for anything but 1.

Code: Select all

Deck := AHSD.Instance.GetDeck(1)
This works fine on my XL. but attempting to change it to 0 or 2 immediately breaks the example scripts. Unplugging the XL caused GetDeck(1) to also fail.
Scoox

08 Jul 2022, 04:17

Can AHSD be used for switching Stream Deck pages? ATM I can set up a key on the Stream Deck for two switch to a different page, but I wanted to use the XButton1 and XButton2 buttons on my mouse. Would that be possible? Thanks
halweg

02 Sep 2022, 05:47

Thanks for this project.
I've the same question as above. It's nice create own canvas from ahk. But what I want is to have keys that opens next page or folder when long pressing. Long-press detection isn't a problem but how can I have a Page Change triggered from ahk?
BranCorell

02 Dec 2022, 13:40

Hello all, I tryed to connect to my stream deck XL, but AHK returns no aviable deck. I download the new .dll´s from github for OpenMacroBoard.SDK and StreamDeckSharp, but then the AutoHotStreamDeck.dll will not work anymore. Someone have a solution for this? Thx for all help.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”