Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
Maniac

Re: TypingAid v2.22.0 - Word AutoCompletion Utility

18 Sep 2017, 08:02

Glad you found something that worked!
nilsonrdg

18 Sep 2017, 08:33

One reason I wasn't using Autohotkey all the time was because I was concerned about it learning my passwords (and I also have other concerns about security). It's true that if someone can access the file "WordlistLearned.txt" (or use some ahk script to get my passwords), it means that my computer is already compromised, and my passwords can be stolen by other ways.

I think would be a good idea that the script couldn't learn words that resemble passwords (strings composed by numbers, symbols and letters).
Maniac

18 Sep 2017, 10:32

Well, symbols and letters will likely terminate your word anyway. You can also add a string to typingaid that, if it finds words containing that string, it won't learn that word.
GavinPen

24 Oct 2017, 17:02

Invaluable piece of software, many thanks Maniac!
I've been using TypingAid to provide a sort of typeahead knowledge base.
I've stored lots of useful information in my WordListLearned.txt.
Because TypingAid treats an asterisk as a wildcard for anything (a string containing any number of characters),
I can search my knowledge base when typing anywhere simply by typing a * then the word I want to search for.
All the lines containing that word are immediately displayed.
Does anybody else use TypingAid in this way?
Or (dare I ask) are alternative word completion knowledge bases available?
Maniac

25 Oct 2017, 04:33

GavinPen wrote:Invaluable piece of software, many thanks Maniac!
I've been using TypingAid to provide a sort of typeahead knowledge base.
I've stored lots of useful information in my WordListLearned.txt.
Because TypingAid treats an asterisk as a wildcard for anything (a string containing any number of characters),
I can search my knowledge base when typing anywhere simply by typing a * then the word I want to search for.
All the lines containing that word are immediately displayed.
Does anybody else use TypingAid in this way?
Or (dare I ask) are alternative word completion knowledge bases available?
Glad you are enjoying it. Interesting note about the asterisk... I don't think that's intentional. I will try to take a look sometime to see why it's happening, maybe it could be a better fleshed out feature.
Maniac

25 Oct 2017, 05:52

So the asterisk thing is a side effect of using SQLite. I didn't bother about protecting against SQL Injection as the database is local.
burque505

25 Oct 2017, 13:14

Maniac, thanks again for TypingAid, and GavinPen, that's a nice tip about using the asterisk.
regards,
burque505
maher

21 Jun 2018, 07:29

I am using this for text expansion. I would like in include and new line feed to replace a word with multiline paragraph. Is this possible ? I have tried escaping `r and `n but it is recognised as normal text

thanks in advance
Maniac

21 Jun 2018, 12:49

Not without modification to the code, no.
Maher

22 Jun 2018, 03:06

I managed to use a unique character and replace it with `n at the sendfull section in Sending.AHK

Can you please advise where I can stringreplace the newline character after pressing control+shift+C to include new entry to the wordlistlearned.txt file ?

What I am trying to do is to copy a paragraph and automatically changes linefeeds to the unique character before it is sent to the database

Many thanks

Maher
Maniac

22 Jun 2018, 08:25

You'll need to make modifications to AddWordToList(AddWord,ForceCountNewOnly,ForceLearn=false, ByRef LearnedWordsCount = false) in Wordlist.ahk. You'll need to modify it to index the correct word too. ForceLearn is true when Ctrl-Shift-C is hit.
calamities

07 Jul 2018, 14:52

Is it possible to have the script autocomplete phrases and ignore spaces? I'm using Typingaid to help with Data entry of phrases in Excel, each cell has seperate phrases that would be great to be able to autocomplete, but phrase matching seems to only work for me when the phrase starts with a large word. If the Phrase starts with a "The" or "A", then the autocomplete stops looking once the small word is typed and starts looking for the second word typed. Is it possible to have Typingaid keep looking for the whole phrase rather than have the small word and space reset the search? Or would I be better off stripping all leading short words from the phrases in my wordlist? Thanks!

-Matt
Maniac

11 Jul 2018, 09:08

It's not really designed to work that way. It would require significant redesign and would somehow need to know when to start looking for a "new" phrase - what's the reset trigger? Space wouldn't be usable anymore.
calamities

11 Jul 2018, 11:36

Hmm.. Is there a way I could set the reset trigger to be enter or the down arrow rather than space?
Maniac

12 Jul 2018, 10:34

Sure you could. You'd have to hit that every time you want to start a new search AND you'd have to make sure it doesn't do anything else in what you're typing, like go to a new line.
calamities

13 Jul 2018, 12:32

For data entry in Excel, that might work. I'm typing single lines in the cells. Could the reset trigger even be set to a com command that recognized when you've moved to a new cell?
Maniac

16 Jul 2018, 08:00

Ah, I see. Might work. Regarding the Com Command, maybe. You'd have to make some possibly hefty modifications, but they may not be too bad.
SL5

21 Jul 2018, 02:37

calamities wrote:For data entry in Excel, that might work. I'm typing single lines in the cells. Could the reset trigger even be set to a com command that recognized when you've moved to a new cell?
or use some like this:

https://github.com/sl5net/global-Intell ... s.txt#L112

hint text shown while you tiyping|rr|text pastet very fast first|ahk|Send,{Enter}hi thats is the ahk area. its running as last action
vkhu

04 Oct 2018, 01:03

Hi there, might be a bit of a grave digging, but I'm curious to know if there's anyway to "chain" the entries together.

Say I have 3 entries: "inquire specifically" and "specifically about" and "about the company", all at the top of the dropdown suggestion box (assuming the first 3 letters of the 1st word is typed out). Currently, I'm having to type "inq1 abo1" to get "inquire specifically about the company". What I'd like to be able to do is just type "inq1<wait till it type out 'spe'>1<wait till it type out 'abo'>1" and still get "inquire specifically about the company".

Is there a way to do that?
SL5

04 Oct 2018, 01:18

vkhu wrote:... company". What I'd like to be able to do is just type "inq1<wait till it type out 'spe'>1<wait till it type out 'abo'>1" and still get "inquire specifically about the company".
Is there a way to do that?
TypingAid is not a programmable language

may read the readme of it:

<word>|d|<description>
"Word descriptions can be added to 'ActionList .ahk' that will appear in the ActionList next to the word. These descriptions should be in the form of
<word>|d|<description>, e.g., Tylenol|d|Pain Reliever.
This could be used for things like definitions, translation aids, or function arguments. When Fixed Width fonts are used in the ActionList, the description columns will be tabbed evenly so they line up."
04.03.017 16:16 from https://github.com/ManiacDC/TypingAid

replacements:
<word>|rr|<description> todo: descrip

<word>|r|<description>
"Word replacements can be added to 'ActionList.ahk' that will appear in the ActionList next to the word. These replacements should be in the form of
<word>|r|<description>, e.g., fire|r|fuego.
When the word is chosen, it will be backspaced out and replaced with the new word. If Case Correction is off, the first letter will be changed to match the case of the word being replaced. This could be used for spelling replacements, text expansion, or translation aids. Multiple replacements can be defined for a word (put each on a separate line)."

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”