TypingAid v2.22.0 - Word AutoCompletion Utility

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
Maniac

Re: TypingAid v2.22.0 - Word AutoCompletion Utility

11 Aug 2016, 06:13

1. In Wordlist.txt, yes, it's a hardcoded order. WordlistLearned is NOT a hardcoded order... it will rearrange based on frequency and length. Close the program, rename/delete Wordlist.txt AND WordlistLearned.db, populate WordlistLearned.txt, and relaunch. Over time, your words will be re-ordered based on frequency.
There is a frequency-based wordlist in the wordlists in the first post too.

2. There's already wordlists out there that do this... and there's stats on this available that would be better to use than google searches.

3. Thanks! You can also set the Word Length in TypingAid.
DeepMind

17 Aug 2016, 06:11

I even tried the "ama" (at the first page in the picture), but it doesn't do anything for me (doesn't show any list below cursor):

I first tried .ahk version but then tried the other version too (exe file). I should mention that the new words that added by me are shown below cursor but there's no other word, it's like i don't have it installed unless i ran into a new word that was added by my typing, then i would see that one word under the cursor i'm no expert but i think the problem might be with the word lists.

please let me know, if you know where the problem might be, this a great and promising work and i don't want to miss it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
windows 7, 32 bit
ahk, v 1.1.24.0.0
Maniac

18 Aug 2016, 08:10

DeepMind, sounds like you need a Wordlist.txt, or paste the contents of a Wordlist.txt into WordlistLearned.txt (and delete WordlistLearned.db). TypingAid doesn't automatically install a wordlist.
DeepMind

18 Aug 2016, 13:35

Maniac wrote:DeepMind, sounds like you need a Wordlist.txt, or paste the contents of a Wordlist.txt into WordlistLearned.txt (and delete WordlistLearned.db). TypingAid doesn't automatically install a wordlist.
Wordlist.txt, worked thanks :) , I'm waiting for more like, showing the one most used at top of the list, and thank you for your great job
Maniac

19 Aug 2016, 06:59

if you delete WordlistLearned.db and put the contents of Wordlist.txt into WordlistLearned.txt, it will (very) gradually re-order by frequency.
rommmcek

20 Aug 2016, 02:23

I was a huge fan of alphabetically ordered wordlists, but last correspondences in this thread incited me to experiment with a draft wordlist ordered by frequency and I was surprised how well and conducive it works using TypingAid.

P.s.: It looks like something prevents me to upload the list! Please try here: https://gist.github.com/rommmcek/a4fc05 ... 7a6fa73011
Note that this is a draft wordlist and be patient with download for I'm not familiar with GitHub!
Judykator

21 Aug 2016, 07:30

I use Typing Aid & Ditto.
Until now, I used TypingAid 2.15.
1) In ditto i press "ctrl+`" and open serach windows.
2) I wrote a search word.
3) After three letters appears TypingAid window.
4) Using the numbers (press number) I chose a word that interceded for the search window ditto. [for example i tyle "War" press 1 paste "Warsow" Everything worked.

Now I launched TypingAid 2.22. And it works differently.
1) In ditto i press "ctrl+`" and open serach windows.
2) I wrote a search word.
3) After three letters appears TypingAid window.
4) Using the numbers (press number) ... now TypingAid 2.22 does not insert the word. Instead of the word in the search window appears selected number [for example - i type ""War" press 1 and instead "Warsow" i have "War1" ??

Why is this happening? I changed only version TypingAid. I can do to version 2.22 work as well as version 2.15 with program Ditto (https://sourceforge.net/projects/ditto-cp/).
DeepMind

22 Aug 2016, 06:34

Hi Maniac, first thanks for your support and your awesome app I really like it (what's to not like?) and I was wondering if could the list open under the carret after three or whatever words, if so that would be great cause most of the time my cursor is somewhere else and I should first find it (sorry if this is already somewhere in this topic and I didn't see it)

another question: how could I add caps-lock to autocomplete keys?

so I looked at the code and didn't know how to add it. and I should mention I don't need it in settings window, just want it to be a autocomplete key, since my enter has been capslock for a while.
Maniac

22 Aug 2016, 08:06

I'm not sure I understand your question? The autocomplete list does open underneath the word, except in apps that don't allow me to get the cursor position (many browsers, openoffice, etc). You can use a helper window if you don't like the cursor method.

I would look through the code and duplicate the code for an autocomplete key you don't mind leaving enabled (such as Ctrl-Enter, ^Enter), replacing ^Enter in the duplicated code with CapsLock.
DeepMind

23 Aug 2016, 10:13

Maniac wrote:I'm not sure I understand your question? The autocomplete list does open underneath the word, except in apps that don't allow me to get the cursor position (many browsers, openoffice, etc). You can use a helper window if you don't like the cursor method.

I would look through the code and duplicate the code for an autocomplete key you don't mind leaving enabled (such as Ctrl-Enter, ^Enter), replacing ^Enter in the duplicated code with CapsLock.
Yeah, it does for some programs that I didn't notice so sorry
Maniac

23 Aug 2016, 10:41

No problem... did you try the helper window? You can open it using Ctrl-Shift-H, or you can define programs to automatically open it for under TypingAid Settings > Programs
f2430447mvrht

24 Aug 2016, 22:16

Maniac wrote: 2. There's already wordlists out there that do this... and there's stats on this available that would be better to use than google searches.
Can you specify the free and good ones? URL and name please. I can't find the good and free ones. Although I am not a programmer, I think creating such a list based on Google search results should not be that difficult.

Obviously 1200 English Words Weighted By Frequency is too small for serious writing, and for TypingAid to work efficiently there is a need for a much larger list weighted by frequency.

I can't emphasize enough the importance of ordering the large corpus of English words by its frequencies of usage. This will improve the typing experience and speed enormously. Please consider creating such a word list from either 350,000+ English words (extracted from Project Gutenberg) or 235,000+ English words (extracted from /usr/share/dict/words).
f2430447mvrht

24 Aug 2016, 22:19

Maniac wrote:if you delete WordlistLearned.db and put the contents of Wordlist.txt into WordlistLearned.txt, it will (very) gradually re-order by frequency.
This is too slow, and it may take months to get a working list weighted by frequencies. I basically type English for a living and my personal experience conveniences that that a large ordered list of words based on frequency will make TypingAid so much more efficient -- I don't have to discern which word in the list to choose, and then type in numbers. In most cases, I can just use Tab to autocomplete the words that are frequently used.
Last edited by f2430447mvrht on 25 Aug 2016, 02:40, edited 3 times in total.
f2430447mvrht

24 Aug 2016, 22:24

rommmcek wrote:I was a huge fan of alphabetically ordered wordlists, but last correspondences in this thread incited me to experiment with a draft wordlist ordered by frequency and I was surprised how well and conducive it works using TypingAid.

P.s.: It looks like something prevents me to upload the list! Please try here: https://gist.github.com/rommmcek/a4fc05 ... 7a6fa73011
Note that this is a draft wordlist and be patient with download for I'm not familiar with GitHub!
I checked out this list. Thanks for the efforts.

Would you please share your methods on how to create such a list?

Can you create a wordlist ordered by frequency based on these two large corpus: 350,000+ English words (extracted from Project Gutenberg) or 235,000+ English words (extracted from /usr/share/dict/words). These two lists can be found in the first post of this thread.

This will benefit the whole community as such lists are usually non-free.
DeepMind

25 Aug 2016, 03:04

Maniac wrote:No problem... did you try the helper window? You can open it using Ctrl-Shift-H, or you can define programs to automatically open it for under TypingAid Settings > Programs
yeah, it's so great, you worked a lot on it
Maniac

25 Aug 2016, 07:11

f2430447mvrht wrote:Can you specify the free and good ones? URL and name please. I can't find the good and free ones. Although I am not a programmer, I think creating such a list based on Google search results should not be that difficult.

Obviously 1200 English Words Weighted By Frequency is too small for serious writing, and for TypingAid to work efficiently there is a need for a much larger list weighted by frequency.

I can't emphasize enough the importance of ordering the large corpus of English words by its frequencies of usage. This will improve the typing experience and speed enormously. Please consider creating such a word list from either 350,000+ English words (extracted from Project Gutenberg) or 235,000+ English words (extracted from /usr/share/dict/words).
f2430447mvrht wrote: This is too slow, and it may take months to get a working list weighted by frequencies. I basically type English for a living and my personal experience conveniences that that a large ordered list of words based on frequency will make TypingAid so much more efficient -- I don't have to discern which word in the list to choose, and then type in numbers. In most cases, I can just use Tab to autocomplete the words that are frequently used.
f2430447mvrht wrote:I checked out this list. Thanks for the efforts.

Would you please share your methods on how to create such a list?

Can you create a wordlist ordered by frequency based on these two large corpus: 350,000+ English words (extracted from Project Gutenberg) or 235,000+ English words (extracted from /usr/share/dict/words). These two lists can be found in the first post of this thread.

This will benefit the whole community as such lists are usually non-free.
I don't use TypingAid for typing as it slows me down. I use it for programming, so I don't use these wordlists.

Here are 3 wordlists that didn't take very long to find. Took a little modification, but that's all.

100,000 English Words Weighted by Frequency (based on Google Books)
333,333 English Words Weighted by Frequency (based on Google Web Trillion Word Corpus, by Norvig)
550,000+ English Words Weighted by Frequency (based on British National Corpus)
Maniac

25 Aug 2016, 07:12

DeepMind wrote:
Maniac wrote:No problem... did you try the helper window? You can open it using Ctrl-Shift-H, or you can define programs to automatically open it for under TypingAid Settings > Programs
yeah, it's so great, you worked a lot on it
Great, glad it's working for you!
Hajin

25 Aug 2016, 15:28

This script seems so useful...
Last edited by Hajin on 12 Jun 2023, 00:13, edited 4 times in total.
Maniac

26 Aug 2016, 05:51

Judykator and I resolved the TypingAid & Ditto issue on github.
TodWulff

26 Aug 2016, 16:56

Hola. Just a quick note of thanks for the efforts in dev'g tool. It is mega-appreciated.

If I was to want to add a autocompletion hotkey of '_', is there a means to do so easily? I didn't see a means to implement that in the settings.

Please advise. Thanks you, in advance.

-t

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”