This post announces an update to the enhanced version of Ahk2Exe, originally by fincs.
(Thanks to fincs for all his work and inspiration in creating this software.)
The enhanced version processes compiler directives, giving:-
- Ability to change the version information (such as the name, description, version...).
- Ability to add resources to the compiled script.
- Ability to tweak several misc aspects of compilation.
- Ability to remove code sections from the compiled script and vice versa.
The link to the original post describing these enhancements is here.
The download link for the updated version of Ahk2Exe is here.
The Ahk2Exe_beta_8.zip file includes full documentation of the new facilities.
Install by copying the Ahk2Exe.exe file from the downloaded zip to the Compiler sub-directory under where AutoHotkey has been installed. (Usually C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\Compiler\.)
Please report any problems to this thread. (Also report successful use as well!)
Hopefully we will be able to get this enhanced version into the standard AutoHotkey branch soon.
Beta_8, 8 November 2019 -
- GUI is now resizable.
- Changed GUI 'Compress' to DDL.
- Fixed GUI 'Default destination'.
- Improved CLI parameter error messages.
- Implemented PostExec directive 'when' parameter.
- Added 'BinMod.ahk', a simple fast binary editor which can be called by 'PostExec'.
- Compiler Directives documentation is now in draft AutoHotkey.chm help file (included).
Beta_7, 8 October 2019 -
- A leading 'U_' (without quotes) is now accepted in the 'name' parameter of 'Let' and 'Obey' directives.
Beta_6, 29 September 2019 -
- Implement the CLI /ahk parameter to specify the path\name of AutoHotkey.exe if non-standard.
(Used during the compilation process.)
- Fixed bug when the path to AutoHotkey.exe contains spaces.
- Fixed to allow concurrent compiles to work better.
Beta_5, 31 August 2019 -
- Added optional 'Exe_path\Name', and 'Codepage' parameters to 'Bin' directive.
- Added 'Cont' directive (for continuation lines to any directive).
- Added optional 'Extra' parameter to the 'Obey' directive.
- Changed 'UpdateManifest' directive to always require the first parameter.
- Allow drag 'n drop of a non-standard *.bin file to the GUI.
- Warn if UPX/MPRESS.exe are missing when cycling the 'Compress exe with' checkbox on the GUI.
Beta_4, 22 August 2019 -
- Changed 'Obey' internals to use work files.
- 'Obey'ing an invalid command will now show an error message.
- Added 'SetFileVersion', 'SetInternalName', 'SetProductName', and 'SetProductVersion' directives.
Beta_3, 20 August 2019 -
- Fix 'Set FileVersion' and 'Set ProductVersion'.
- Implement 'Save Script Settings as' on File menu.
- Implement new directives 'Bin', 'ExeName' and 'Obey'.
- Handle unloading and reloading for the generated .exe.
Beta_2, 10 August 2019 -
- The command line parameter /mpress has been changed to /compress. (/mpress is still accepted, though.)
- Directive parameters can reference the various 'A_' built-in variables as listed under the #Include directive.
- In addition the new 'A_WorkFileName' variable contains the temporary name of the processed .exe file.
- The new 'A_PriorLine' variable contains the source code line immediately preceding the current compiler directive.
- The value returned from variables can be manipulated using regex code.
- The new 'Let' directive enables the creation of special 'U_<name>' variables.
- Other new directives are 'SetLanguage', 'Set', 'UpdateManifest', and 'Debug'.
Also included in the .zip are 2 demonstration script groups which show how the directives can be used.
Beta_1, 08 June 2019-
- Added 'LegalTrademarks' property.
- Added UPX .exe compression option.
- Cleanup a temp file left behind.