This post announces an update to the enhanced version of Ahk2Exe, originally by fincs.
(Thanks to fincs for all his work and inspiration in creating this software.)
The enhanced version processes compiler directives, giving:-
- Ability to change the version information (such as the name, description, version...).
- Ability to add resources to the compiled script.
- Ability to tweak several misc aspects of compilation.
- Ability to remove code sections from the compiled script and vice versa.
The link to the original post describing these enhancements is here.
These enhancements are now included in the official AutoHotkey v1.1.33.00+ download.
If you are using AutoHotkey, version 1.1.33.02 or earlier, you may wish to download the latest beta version of Ahk2Exe 1.1.33.03_Beta_2 from here. The .zip file includes the latest documentation, and a .reg entry to create the extra context-menu entry Compile script (GUI).
First, unblock the downloaded .zip file by right-clicking it, selecting 'Properties', and ticking or pressing 'Unblock' (near the bottom). 'OK' out.
Install by copying the Ahk2Exe.exe file from the downloaded zip to the Compiler sub-directory under where AutoHotkey has been installed (Usually C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\Compiler\).
The V1 AutoHotkey.chm file can be copied to the AutoHotkey folder (usually C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\).
Optionally, create the extra context menu entry Compile script (GUI) by executing the Compile script (GUI).reg file. (Administrator privilege is required for this).
Please report any problems to this thread. (Also report successful use as well!)
1.1.33.03_Beta_2, 26 January 2021 -
- Clarifies an anti-virus warning message.
- Fixes a possible spurious '#Warn Unreachable' message.
- Adds parameters to the PostExec directive.
- Stops Auto-Includes being executed directly by fall-through.
- Uses installation 'Default to UTF-8' setting.
- Allows multiple Bin directive Codepage parameters.
- Sets default V2 script encoding to UTF-8.
- Stops confusing error message when /exe path has '/' instead of '\'.
- Warning messages now include 'Press OK to continue, Cancel to abandon' advice.
- Uses correct AutoHotkey*.exe for V2 compiles.