This post announces an update to the enhanced version of Ahk2Exe, originally by fincs.
(Thanks to fincs for all his work and inspiration in creating this software.)
The enhanced version processes compiler directives, giving:-
- Ability to change the version information (such as the name, description, version...).
- Ability to add resources to the compiled script.
- Ability to tweak several misc aspects of compilation.
- Ability to remove code sections from the compiled script and vice versa.
The link to the original post describing these enhancements is here.
The download link for the updated version of Ahk2Exe is here.
The Ahk2Exe_beta_9b.zip file includes full documentation of the new facilities, which has been merged into the AutoHotkey v1.1.32.00 help file. (The downloaded .zip should be unblocked before use.)
Install by copying the Ahk2Exe.exe file from the downloaded zip to the Compiler sub-directory under where AutoHotkey has been installed. (Usually C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\Compiler\.) Copy the AutoHotkey.chm file to the Autohotkey directory. (Usually C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\)
Please report any problems to this thread. (Also report successful use as well!)
Hopefully we will be able to get this enhanced version into the standard AutoHotkey branch soon.
Beta_9b 30 May 2020 -
- Fixed 'busy cursor' not shown while .exe being moved to final destination.
- Add option to show GUI from context menu - see updated documentation.
- (Use the included .reg file to create a 'Compile Script (GUI)' context menu shortcut - requires admin privilege.)
Beta_9a 01 May 2020 -
- Allows retrying from the error "Error opening the destination file" - This can be caused by automatic anti-virus checking.
- Remembers previous script and icon folders in repeated GUI use.
Updated help file 30 January 2020 -
- The Compiler Directives information has been merged into the latest AutoHotkey version 1.1.32.00 help.
Beta_9, 20 November 2019 -
- UpdateManifest directive now supports 'highestAvailable' execution level, and setting UIAccess=true.
- Shows warning message if MPRESS/UPX requested but not found when compiling.
Beta_8, 8 November 2019 -
- GUI is now resizable.
- Changed GUI 'Compress' to DDL.
- Fixed GUI 'Default destination'.
- Improved CLI parameter error messages.
- Implemented PostExec directive 'when' parameter.
- Added 'BinMod.ahk', a simple fast binary editor which can be called by 'PostExec'.
- Compiler Directives documentation is now in draft AutoHotkey.chm help file (included).
Beta_7, 8 October 2019 -
- A leading 'U_' (without quotes) is now accepted in the 'name' parameter of 'Let' and 'Obey' directives.
Beta_6, 29 September 2019 -
- Implement the CLI /ahk parameter to specify the path\name of AutoHotkey.exe if non-standard.
(Used during the compilation process.)
- Fixed bug when the path to AutoHotkey.exe contains spaces.
- Fixed to allow concurrent compiles to work better.
Beta_5, 31 August 2019 -
- Added optional 'Exe_path\Name', and 'Codepage' parameters to 'Bin' directive.
- Added 'Cont' directive (for continuation lines to any directive).
- Added optional 'Extra' parameter to the 'Obey' directive.
- Changed 'UpdateManifest' directive to always require the first parameter.
- Allow drag 'n drop of a non-standard *.bin file to the GUI.
- Warn if UPX/MPRESS.exe are missing when cycling the 'Compress exe with' checkbox on the GUI.
Beta_4, 22 August 2019 -
- Changed 'Obey' internals to use work files.
- 'Obey'ing an invalid command will now show an error message.
- Added 'SetFileVersion', 'SetInternalName', 'SetProductName', and 'SetProductVersion' directives.
Beta_3, 20 August 2019 -
- Fix 'Set FileVersion' and 'Set ProductVersion'.
- Implement 'Save Script Settings as' on File menu.
- Implement new directives 'Bin', 'ExeName' and 'Obey'.
- Handle unloading and reloading for the generated .exe.
Beta_2, 10 August 2019 -
- The command line parameter /mpress has been changed to /compress. (/mpress is still accepted, though.)
- Directive parameters can reference the various 'A_' built-in variables as listed under the #Include directive.
- In addition the new 'A_WorkFileName' variable contains the temporary name of the processed .exe file.
- The new 'A_PriorLine' variable contains the source code line immediately preceding the current compiler directive.
- The value returned from variables can be manipulated using regex code.
- The new 'Let' directive enables the creation of special 'U_<name>' variables.
- Other new directives are 'SetLanguage', 'Set', 'UpdateManifest', and 'Debug'.
Also included in the .zip are 2 demonstration script groups which show how the directives can be used.
Beta_1, 08 June 2019-
- Added 'LegalTrademarks' property.
- Added UPX .exe compression option.
- Cleanup a temp file left behind.