[Script] Quick Picto Viewer v5+

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
Relayer

Re: [Script] Quick Picto Viewer and Fast Slideshow creator

01 Aug 2020, 19:51

robodesign,

I downloaded v4.4.2 from github and tried to run it and got a no such function error for 'ahkthread'.

Relayer
gregster

01 Aug 2020, 20:32

Relayer wrote:
01 Aug 2020, 19:51
I downloaded v4.4.2 from github and tried to run it and got a no such function error for 'ahkthread'.
robodesign wrote:Since Quick Picto Viewer v4, it relies on AHK_H for multi-threading.
robodesign

25 Aug 2020, 13:25

Hello, dear guys!

This new version comes with a completely reimplemented Text Insert tool, which brings a better text rendering with blur effect applied on, and/or thich text contours. It also has new features.

The new version also sports bug fixes related to batch processing and thumbnails navigation, all thanks to @TheArkive .

Complete change log:

- v4.5.0 (2020-08-25)
- [new] option to refresh thumbnails [ thanks for the suggestion to TheArkive ]
- [new] strikeout text style option and text cutout mode
- [new] line angle, letter spacing, and line spacing adjustment options for text insertion
- improved rendering of text blurring and text contours drawing; the entire Insert Text tool was recoded using GDI APIs
- [new] option to set how many system cores to use whne generating thumbnails and for batch file processing [requested by TheArkive]
- bug fixes related to batch processing of images [ thanks to TheArkive ]
- bug fixes and improvements to scrolling of thumbnails [ thanks to the efforts of TheArkive ]

... and, as always, feedback and critique are welcome.

Source files on Github:
https://github.com/marius-sucan/Quick-Picto-Viewer

ZIP Package compiled [x64 / x32]
http://marius.sucan.ro/media/files/blog/ahk-scripts/quick-picto-viewer-compiled.zip

Best regards, Marius.
-------------------------
KeyPress OSD v4: GitHub or forum. (presentation video)
Quick Picto Viewer: GitHub or forum.
AHK GDI+ expanded / compilation library (on GitHub)
My home page.
TheArkive

25 Aug 2020, 13:29

Very nice update :superhappy: Very nice update! Thanks for the new release and multi-threading options to set # of cores used :D
robodesign

17 Sep 2020, 14:49

Hello, guys!

Back again, with a new version:

- v4.5.5 (2020-09-18)
- [new] image navigator for easy panning of very large images
- [new] added new multiple files rename options: replace characters, regular expressions support, file name trimming and more [see Help]
- [new] real-time preview for multiple files renaming
- [new] option to set the graph focus for histograms: lows, mids or peaks; the histogram is now clickable
- [new] add/remove images to favourites and manager
- [new] batch file processing option: apply viewport colors adjustments
- [new] options to add text on page when printing images
- [new] option to generate thumbnails for all the files currently indexed
- [new] progress bars for batch processing and others
- various important bug fixes, related to mage saving, slideshows saving and so on...

Many thanks to TheArkive for feedback.

Please offer me feedback, critiques and suggestions, bug reports. ;-)

Best regards, Marius. ...
My home page.
CyberKlabauter

24 Sep 2020, 17:48

This is an amazing project. I am overwhelmed what can be done in AHK. I really like your GUI!

I also wan't to propose an idea for an advanced command line function. I would like to pass a stack of pictures to QPV and crop and resize them. This should happen almost silently - exempt that I want to open the viewport to select the cropping area with a fixed aspect ratio for each picture of the stack.

Command line would may look like:
Quick-Picto-Viewer.exe -source a.jpg b.png, c.jpg -dest c:\results -maxsize 1000px -crop-interactive-fixed-ratio-16:9

I know this is very special. But it would be unique feature as far as I know. During cropping I usually want to define the selection by my self. But this means there is no batch processing avaible. It would be very handy to have presets in a batchfile (with the above commandline syntax) predefined for common repetitive tasks.
CyberKlabauter

25 Sep 2020, 05:44

I notice a problem with the 64bit version. No hotkey works for me. With the 32bit version everything works fine. My system: Windows 10 Home 65bit. By the way: Where can I find the color-option in the menu (if u key doesn't work)?
CyberKlabauter

25 Sep 2020, 05:50

... and another feature request: It would be great to have a preset of stadard ratios like 4:3 - 16:9, 16:10 which lock the selection tool to that ratio (not to a specific size). So that I can rezise the current selection keeping the choosen ratio during resizing.

Thank you!
robodesign

25 Sep 2020, 06:43

CyberKlabauter wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 17:48
This is an amazing project. I am overwhelmed what can be done in AHK. I really like your GUI!

I also wan't to propose an idea for an advanced command line function. I would like to pass a stack of pictures to QPV and crop and resize them. This should happen almost silently - exempt that I want to open the viewport to select the cropping area with a fixed aspect ratio for each picture of the stack.

Command line would may look like:
Quick-Picto-Viewer.exe -source a.jpg b.png, c.jpg -dest c:\results -maxsize 1000px -crop-interactive-fixed-ratio-16:9

I know this is very special. But it would be unique feature as far as I know. During cropping I usually want to define the selection by my self. But this means there is no batch processing avaible. It would be very handy to have presets in a batchfile (with the above commandline syntax) predefined for common repetitive tasks.
Hello!

I am glad you like Quick Picto Viewer . Thank you .

The feature request does not make a lot of sense to me. I do not understand what you want. You can already pass as a command line parameter a *.sld file with a list of files. And then, you can process the files in the window how you want.
CyberKlabauter wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 05:44
I notice a problem with the 64bit version. No hotkey works for me. With the 32bit version everything works fine. My system: Windows 10 Home 65bit. By the way: Where can I find the color-option in the menu (if u key doesn't work)?
What color option(s) do you speak of? See the Preferences and Interface menus.

If you use other AHK scripts that interfere with the keyboard , hotkeys might not work. I do not register the hotkeys differently for 32 bits or 64 bits. It is always the same.
CyberKlabauter wrote:
... and another feature request: It would be great to have a preset of stadard ratios like 4:3 - 16:9, 16:10 which lock the selection tool to that ratio (not to a specific size). So that I can rezise the current selection keeping the choosen ratio during resizing.
Thank you for this feature request. I will look into it, for a future release.

Best regards, Marius.
My home page.
robodesign

25 Sep 2020, 06:44

Hello, guys!

A new version is now available:

- v4.6.0 (2020-09-25)
- [new] copy/move panel now allows users to group files in automatically created sub-folders, based on file modification date [by month or year] and by file types
- [new] live HDR tone-mapping options panel for adjusting how HDR images are displayed
- [new] it will now remember window size and position between different Quick Picto Viewer sessions [thanks to Yak's suggestion]
- [new] viewport info-graphic on how to use it when users press F1 [thanks to Tidbit's suggestion]
- [new] option to choose external applications for opening images [thanks to TheArkive's suggestion]
- one can now open multiple images in one go from Quick Picto Viewer with QPV; in other words, multiple new instances of QPV can be spawned to open the selected files from the main window [thanks to Yak's suggestion]
- bug fixes related to how Quick Picto Viewer handles situations where all images were seen in a files list
- various bug fixes and improvements

Best regards, Marius.
My home page.
CyberKlabauter

25 Sep 2020, 15:48

robodesign wrote:
The feature request does not make a lot of sense to me. I do not understand what you want. You can already pass as a command line parameter a *.sld file with a list of files. And then, you can process the files in the window how you want.
I didn't know that command line is supported already. Great news. Is there a the documentation I could look at?
I think my explanation was not very understandable. I will try to make my point more clear. I want to automate the following steps with one exception. Let's say I have 10 images and I want to send them through command line to QPV (using a *.sld file). Each file should be processed through the following steps:
1. opening image
2. show selection tool with a fixed ratio e.g. 16:9 (defined by command line command)
3. now I want to choose for each image an area which differs in size and the area (but not in the ratio) and after I confirm clicking the "crop" or "ok"-button the image is cropped to my selection

After I had choosen my selection manually, I want to cotinue with the batch processing

4. sharpen the image
5. blur the image
6. shrink/resize the image
7. and finally automatically save the image to a new destination.

Exept step 2. and 3. all steps are automated and identically for each file. The attributes for the batch processing are passed by the command line command.

As an author you are often confronted to deliver pictures in a fixed format e.g. as png file with a resolution 800x450 px and 90 dpi. The basic steps are always the same, but you want to choose the best image section manually, before cropping a 4:3 image to 16:9 ratio.
robodesign wrote:
What color option(s) do you speak of? See the Preferences and Interface menus.
If I press "U" I get this panel (simply don't know where to find it in the menu)
Image [Mod edit: Link fixed.]

robodesign wrote:
If you use other AHK scripts that interfere with the keyboard , hotkeys might not work. I do not register the hotkeys differently for 32 bits or 64 bits. It is always the same.
I turn off all my ahk scripts. All hotkeys of 32 bits version do work, none hotkey of the 64 bits version are functioning. I have no clue why.
robodesign wrote:
CyberKlabauter wrote:
Thank you for this feature request. I will look into it, for a future release.
Thank you. Amazing!
robodesign

25 Sep 2020, 16:56

Hello!

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find the time to write a documentation for the image viewer.

Command line options are limited. You can only pass one single file - an image or a SLD.

It might be useful for you to know that you can drag and drop multiple files into the QPV window, from explorer.

If you press Alt + shift + U for "apply viewport color adjustments" (found in right click - current file)... You can apply with this, in one go on the selected files, any viewport colour adjustment and effect. With Ctrl + R, you can resize (and optionally crop) all images in one go.

What you'd need is sort of "macros", but this is not yet possible in QPV. After you manually crop an image, you could apply x, y, z operations.

The colour panel you showed me is for adjusting viewport colours and effects. You can find it at right - click - image view.

Other scripts on x64, do they work for you, their hotkeys?

I'm using only x64 on my systems and it works fine.

I suggest you use the x64 edition, because the x32 version is severely limited...

Best regards, Marius.
My home page.
CyberKlabauter

26 Sep 2020, 09:03

robodesign wrote:
Unfortunately, I have not been able to find the time to write a documentation for the image viewer.
No wonder. This is just a very big project. Thank you for your detailed explanation. I found the "apply viewport color adjustments" :D .
robodesign wrote:
Command line options are limited. You can only pass one single file - an image or a SLD.
What you'd need is sort of "macros", but this is not yet possible in QPV. After you manually crop an image, you could apply x, y, z operations.
Yes, it is a kind of macro. I personally prefer the command line over macros, because I can define my own routines and create shortcut or a ahk script to execute them from outside. This is very fast and convenient. I see that it is my not so easy to implement, than I thought (call funtions without panels and hand over the commandline parameters). Maybe the reasons why I didn't find this feature somewhere else.

robodesign wrote:
Other scripts on x64, do they work for you, their hotkeys?
I'm using only x64 on my systems and it works fine.
All my other 64bit ahk scripts are able to register hotkeys. I will check it on an other 64bit pc and see if it works there. I will let you know about the result.

Than I have another idea for a new feature (hope I do not bother you with all my ideas). It would be great so have the "Save"-option in the "apply viewport color adjustments" panel to save my own color adjustments to a preset file. This presetfile (color correction, sharpness, ...) can be loaded next time as a preset in the "apply viewport color adjustments" panel - ideally with a dropdown menu (or even more fancy, with a preview picture with the applied settings).
robodesign

27 Sep 2020, 06:58

Hello!

Thank you for the willingness to investigate the issues with the hotkeys....

I'll add your suggestion to my to-do list for this project. "implement support for user color adjustments presets".

I already implemented support for more command line options. The next version will be able to open folder given as a command line argument. And it'll also allow users to set settings via command line (any setting found in the INI file).

And now, I'm working on image selection area aspect ratio locking. This is much harder than I thought....

Best regards, Marius.
My home page.
CyberKlabauter

29 Sep 2020, 05:15

This sounds fantastic. The speed you pick up and realize suggestions is quite impressiv to me. I'm looking forward to check out the new version.

I tested the hotkey problem, using the same - portable - 64bit installation of QPV. I had no problem at three other computer with 64bit Windows. So QPV seems to work generally.

I have no clue what my problem is related to? All computer have installed Windows Defender only and no other antivirus program. AHK is not installed at them. The only difference I could see, is that three computer have Windows Professional installed, whereas the computer I have the problem occurs, has Windows Home installed. I don't have another computer with Windows Home. So I can't check, if the problem is related to the version. Also restart and empty the cache won't fix the problem.

Let's me know if I can check something else out.
CyberKlabauter

29 Sep 2020, 11:13

Hi Marius,
playing around with the QPV I observed a couple of things:
  • If I start QPV from the explorer hotkeys won't work in the 64bit version. But If I use eXpresso (an old portable AHK program to associate filetype to program, compiled in 32bit, https portableapps.com /node/13453) Broken Link for safety to launch the 64bit distrobution of QPV hotkeys are working. I don't know if that is helpful to you or not. The program eXpresso basically calls other programs and delivers the doubleclicked file as a parameter.
  • If I take a selection and than chosse crop Image to selected area in viewport it takes a different selection than the preview shows me (a bit to small). My display resolution is 1366x768 px.
  • If you work on "support for user color adjustments presets" and if there is a way that these presets are saved in external files you may consider that it could be attractive for some users to share these presets among others.
  • Last but least: I personally find it a bit irritating, that I have to save each file with each change I make in a panel. Usually I would expect to apply some color correction, crop the image and than save it. But In this case, the color correction arent save to the image.
robodesign

29 Sep 2020, 11:41

Hello.

Thank you very much for the feedback!

1. Regarding the hotkeys issues.
Please test the compiled edition of QPV. Not the uncompiled one.

2. How do you perform the crop? Jpeg lossless crop? There are many ways to crop an image in my image viewer ^_^. At least three ways.

Don't use the crop /resize panel (ctrl - r). That's for batch processing.

The suggested approach is.... Define the selection. Then press shift - enter. (main menu - edit image - crop image to selection).

3. To apply color adjustments on the image, you likely need to have a selection area and then press shift - u. The panel you use is meant for adjusting viewport "conditions". But with shift - u, you can apply them to the actual image.

If the color adjustments are meant for the entire image, you can skip pressing shift - u and proceed with cropping or other editing options, or just save the file. The adjustments should seamlessly merge.

Another way to adjust colors of an image is to use the advanced transform tool. Make a selection and then, press ctrl - t. This will open a panel that has a tab for color adjustments.

4. Regarding image saving. You can perform image color adjustments as described earlier and then crop it as described above, and then save the image. You don't have to save it between steps. The editor has 100 undo levels.

Please let me know if you still have issues with incorrect image dimensions after cropping it.
To know the exact selection area size, press I twice. That will bring on the HUD an information box.

On my end I just finished implementing aspect ratio locking for the selection area.

Best regards, Marius.
My home page.
CyberKlabauter

29 Sep 2020, 15:55

1. Regarding the hotkeys issues: All test were done with the same compiled edition of QPV (copied it on a USB-stick). None of the machines had AHK installed.

2. I think I had been lost. I used crop /resize panel (ctrl - r). If I define a selection and press shift – enter cropping works like expected. Dimensions fits 1:1. Nice!
robodesign wrote:
3. To apply color adjustments on the image, you likely need to have a selection area and then press shift - u. The panel you use is meant for adjusting viewport "conditions". But with shift - u, you can apply them to the actual image.

If the color adjustments are meant for the entire image, you can skip pressing shift - u and proceed with cropping or other editing options, or just save the file. The adjustments should seamlessly merge.

Another way to adjust colors of an image is to use the advanced transform tool. Make a selection and then, press ctrl - t. This will open a panel that has a tab for color adjustments.
=> Fancy. I am learning and I overwhelmed 😊. This program is quite complex.
robodesign wrote:
On my end I just finished implementing aspect ratio locking for the selection area.
=> Ohh wonderful. I am looking forward to it.

Thank you for all your detailed explanations.
robodesign

28 Oct 2020, 13:55

Hello, guys!

@CyberKlabauter : The new version sports feature requests from you. Lock selection area aspect ratio. And command line options.

This new version took a lot of time to get ready because I decided to improve error handling in the application and this proved a lot harder than expected...

And Quick Picto Viewer comes now with its own compiled DLL file. Source code for this one is available as well .

Change log:
- v4.6.5 (2020-10-28)
- [new] option to lock aspect ratio of image selection area to predefined ratios; you can also click and hold Shift on selection's corners to have QPV preserve its aspect ratio - when it is not locked to a predefined ratio [thanks to CyberKlabauter's suggestion]
- [new] blending modes now available in the «fill area/draw shape» panel; blending modes can be used with gradients and the glass effect
- [new] you can now activate the glass effect in the transform tool as well, when using any blending mode; it will blur what is behind
- [major improvement] much improved performance for blending modes and alpha masking in real-time
- [new] implemented «luminosity» blending mode and fixed other blending modes
- [new] option to resize image in viewport according to image selection area dimensions [Alt+R]
- [new] option to open favourites list when opening a favourited image from the menu
- [new] users can now set the index of an entry in the «modify index entry panel»; this allows users to manually reorder the files list [this works for the favourites list as well]
- [new] users can now set QPV settings through command line options; eg., set_IMGresizingMode=3. Open the QPV settings file [the .INI file] and almost any setting listed in there can be changed via command line using the "set_" prefix.
- QPV now accepts being given as command line arguments a folder or multiple image files by providing their complete file paths [thanks to CyberKlabauter's suggestion]
- users can now choose to work in a 24-RGB or a 32-RGBA space [from Main menu > Image view]; 24-RGB is chosen automatically for 32 bits edition of Quick Picto Viewer, for lower memory usage.
- added a shortcut for opening image files in a new QPV instance: Ctrl+Enter
- you can now drag-n-drop files onto the main window while holding Ctrl key, to spawn new instances of QPV [thanks to Yak's suggestion]
- cleaning/removing the dead files from the indexed files list does not resort the files list anymore
- greatly improved performance with a large favourites list; increased maximum limit to 54321 entries
- loading static folders list is much faster [the panel is available when a SLD file is opened]
- simplified the handling of image selection area; users can no longer have the selection visible and non-editable
- open file dialog is now open to people selecting a folder to open ;-)
- option to disable undo levels recording
- MUCH BETTER error handling on x32 editions when the memory limit is exceeded; fixed all known and identified memory leaks
- reduced memory usage for basic image editing when using a selection area for the following tools: crop, invert, grayscale/desaturate, apply viewport color adjustments, erase or flip H/V area
- various bug fixes

Please note, the source code found on my Github relies on FreeImage.dll and qpvmain.dll, both can be found in the zip package file.

Source code on GitHub
https://github.com/marius-sucan/Quick-Picto-Viewer

ZIP Package compiled [x64 / x32]:
http://marius.sucan.ro/media/files/blog/ahk-scripts/quick-picto-viewer-compiled.zip

Best regards, Marius.
My home page.
ozzii

29 Oct 2020, 07:26

So much changes and surely hard work.
Thank you again Marius for your work.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”