AhkHook: API hooking with autohotkey

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
Peixoto

Re: AHK Injector: DirectX hooking with autohotkey

07 Aug 2016, 16:20

MechanicalPaladin wrote:Just wanted to say thank you very much for this!
I've been begging for Dino Crisis widescreen patch for quite some time now and you did it!
I have a couple questions.

In Dino Crisis, why can't you walk forward and turn at the same time when using a controller but when playing with a keyboard you can do that just fine (↑→)?
Why can't you rebind controller keys?
I wasn't aware of that, i'm gonna check it
MechanicalPaladin wrote: Will there be support for Dino Crisis 2?
What kind of fixing Dino Crisis 2 needs?
MechanicalPaladin wrote: Is there a way to scale up the FMV videos in Resident Evil 1? Now they are centered and played in their original resolution (320x240) witch make them appear very small on a Full HD monitor.
Not possible, RE uses GDI for the FMVs, and GDI hooks are problematic
MechanicalPaladin wrote: Is it possible to use Steam overlay with this tool? I'm able to launch the game trough Steam but as soon as the command window closes, it no longer says I'm playing the game (Resident Evil)
The reason I ask this is because I want to take screenshots and talk to my friends without alt+tabbing out from the game.
I always try not to hook the page flipping methods so that overlays will work, if it doesn't already, there is nothing more i can do

08 Aug 2016, 05:12

Thanks for the reply.
Peixoto wrote: What kind of fixing Dino Crisis 2 needs?
Dino Crisis 2 uses pre-rendered backgrounds. The game supports widescreen resolutions but it stretches everything to fill the whole screen instead of keeping the 4:3 aspect ratio and adding black bars.
Surprisingly the game supports xinput controllers but it doesn't let you rebind the keys (start button on x360 pad is aim).
Peixoto

09 Aug 2016, 09:21

Guest wrote:Thanks for the reply.
Peixoto wrote: What kind of fixing Dino Crisis 2 needs?
Dino Crisis 2 uses pre-rendered backgrounds. The game supports widescreen resolutions but it stretches everything to fill the whole screen instead of keeping the 4:3 aspect ratio and adding black bars.
Surprisingly the game supports xinput controllers but it doesn't let you rebind the keys (start button on x360 pad is aim).
The controller works fine on Dino Crisis 1 for me.

To fix the resolution on DC2, just use the display driver controls (Nvidia control panel or AMD catalyst or whatever intel calls theirs) to create a 4:3 resolution with the same height as your monitors native resolution. You can create a controller fix yourself, just create a batch file with the -controller command, see the help
Wolffeberhard

21 Aug 2016, 08:57

1st of all, so much better to play Tomb Raider II with AHK, while until now. I'm a Windows 10 user on a laptop.

That being said, I do have an issue. Every now and then, when I try to load a save file, it crashes on me and I'm left with nothing but a black screen. This black screen is always on top of other programs, so when it came for me to use task manager to force the program off, I wasn't able to do anything about it. I had to force my laptop to restart the 1st time. Luckily I found out I was about to add a "new desktop", and through that, get accesses to task manager. Now, it seem the problem is permanent and every time I want to load the save file, it goes straight to a black screen.

This is my first time using AHK Injector, so my knowledge of the program is vary limited. Could someone please help me solve this issue out? If you need any other information about my system towards solving this, just let me know. I really hate to play the steam version of this game ><
Peixoto

23 Aug 2016, 19:51

Wolffeberhard wrote:1st of all, so much better to play Tomb Raider II with AHK, while until now. I'm a Windows 10 user on a laptop.

That being said, I do have an issue. Every now and then, when I try to load a save file, it crashes on me and I'm left with nothing but a black screen. This black screen is always on top of other programs, so when it came for me to use task manager to force the program off, I wasn't able to do anything about it. I had to force my laptop to restart the 1st time. Luckily I found out I was about to add a "new desktop", and through that, get accesses to task manager. Now, it seem the problem is permanent and every time I want to load the save file, it goes straight to a black screen.

This is my first time using AHK Injector, so my knowledge of the program is vary limited. Could someone please help me solve this issue out? If you need any other information about my system towards solving this, just let me know. I really hate to play the steam version of this game ><
OK, try this:
- Make sure it only happens with the program
- Post your error.log
- If you downloaded saves form the internet, give them up
- Download the latest version, uploaded 1 minute ago
- Read the help and PCgamingwiki about common bugs in TR2
tzbenetti

20 Sep 2016, 02:34

Hello. I saw your post in steam forum. I download your app to use in I am alive. I want to remove grain filter specially. How can I do that?
Peixoto

21 Sep 2016, 14:01

tzbenetti wrote:Hello. I saw your post in steam forum. I download your app to use in I am alive. I want to remove grain filter specially. How can I do that?
i'm alive is a "stand alone" patch, dowload it from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ayebcoa6sqjvc1o/win7.zip?dl=0

10 Nov 2016, 04:00

Hi there. I am using Windows 10. Whenever I run the .bat file shortcut, it just show the AHK injector prompt with a blinking underscore-looking cursor. It seems that the Claire/Leon.exe is running but the game never shows up.
Ghost

10 Nov 2016, 04:05

Hi there. I am using Windows 10 and trying to play Resident Evil 2. The AHK Injector console shows up when I run the .bat file but the actual game never shows up, even though the game seems to be running in task manager process.

02 Dec 2016, 18:46

Hi, I have installed this and everything works except the fmv's are still interlaced.

It also doesn't work when I put in the upgraded bink videos.

Any idea what I should do?
RE-Fana

20 Dec 2016, 17:02

Hi Peixoto, first of all, thank for your work, i can finally play RE2 in fullscreen with all the fmv working well, but still have one problem, when the fmv play, the subtitle is not present, and when you use RE2 in other language then english is important... how can i correct that? just for active the text in the video? Please help...

Also on windows 10 the taskbar apear and disapear sometime...

Many thank's, i wait for answer...
MechanicalPaladin

28 Dec 2016, 09:42

Is there going be support for Resident Evil 2 & 3 SourceNext versions?
They are the definitive editions of all PC of all the Resident Evil versions.
Burretploof

09 Feb 2017, 10:29

Peixoto wrote:
tzbenetti wrote:Hello. I saw your post in steam forum. I download your app to use in I am alive. I want to remove grain filter specially. How can I do that?
Hey man, thanks for these patches. Playing the old Tomb Raider games is so much better now. :)

I have a problem with the I Am Alive fix, though. It just refuses to work. I copied the entire folder into \src\system and launched the game using your shader fix .exe
The game launches but I'm unable to trigger the fix using the insert key. It just doesn't do anything (no activation sound, either).

I'm running the Steam version on Windows 10 Pro x64 and I added execeptions for the fix to my antivirus solutions (I also tried running it with my antivirus disabled).
I also attached the log file generated by your fix, but everything seems normal there.
Attachments
error.log
(389 Bytes) Downloaded 391 times
Peixoto

13 Feb 2017, 21:09

Burretploof wrote:
Peixoto wrote:
Hey man, thanks for these patches. Playing the old Tomb Raider games is so much better now. :)

I have a problem with the I Am Alive fix, though. It just refuses to work. I copied the entire folder into \src\system and launched the game using your shader fix .exe
The game launches but I'm unable to trigger the fix using the insert key. It just doesn't do anything (no activation sound, either).

I'm running the Steam version on Windows 10 Pro x64 and I added execeptions for the fix to my antivirus solutions (I also tried running it with my antivirus disabled).
I also attached the log file generated by your fix, but everything seems normal there.
If you have the patience to wait, there is an update coming and a rewrote that patch
mr__bubbless

13 Feb 2017, 23:06

Hi Piexoto,

Been using your tool forever now and love it.
I just did a playthrough of TR2 with the textures swapped with the iOS textures. I want to do the same now for TR3 but can't seem to find texture packs online at all. Is it possible for me to buy the iOS version and dump them?

Thanks again!
Burretploof

14 Feb 2017, 02:22

Peixoto wrote:
Burretploof wrote:
Peixoto wrote:

If you have the patience to wait, there is an update coming and a rewrote that patch
Awesome, thanks man! Looking forward to it. :D
Peixoto

21 Feb 2017, 22:00

SnowFlake wrote:this dropbox link isnt working can someone plz update it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/spwpqpfdrmz4h ... r.zip?dl=0
Ive posted a new, working link
TheDimensioner

12 Mar 2017, 23:52

Hello, I've come across this injector from PCGamingWiki, while I was searching ways to make Resident Evil run on my Windows 8.1 machine. It's great that this can make it run in HD, and even better, because I have a 4:3 CRT monitor with 240p capabilities (in 120hz, but that's the lesser issue), which makes it possible to show this game's textures as they were intended. I would like this to support "super resolutions" though, where I set a larger width and 240p height, to make things look crispper (similar to a 1000 plus lines PVM/BVM monitor). Setting 1280x240 (the only super resolution my GPU driver recognizes correctly) only gives a thin image column on the center of the screen, so a stretching option would be cool (my monitor is already 4:3, so it would simply fit inside the correct aspect ratio). But my issue is, that I can't make it run at full speed, no matter what I do. I've known the RE PC series "tricks" for a long time, like running a media player or browser in the background to correct the speed, or RE2 on Windows 8.1, the status screen was very slow in fullscreen, but not in windowed, so I've forced a 640x480 resolution in the .exe's properties and made a profile in the WindowedBordelessGaming software (I actually prefer RE2 in 640x480, but nothing against it in HD either). Sadly, none of those tricks seem to work with RE1. I think it might be a CPU single threaded issue, because I have an AMD Athlon II x2 2.8Ghz processor, that is not very good in that kind of task. I think that, because FRAPS accuses an even lower FPS when using any of the "tricks" (without AHK Injector). It "normally" runs at 20~26 FPS, but it goes down to 19~22 FPS with a player paused/stopped in the background. I also tried NVIDIA's driver settings, by disabling/forcing v-sysnc, anti-aliasing or anisotropic filtering, but those only brought more issues. I've never been able to play the PC version of this game, there was always some issue hindering it, since the times of Windows XP. If you could point me out to any "fix" based on my specs, I would be very glad. So here's my full PC specs:

Windows 8.1 64bit
AMD Athlon II x2 240 2.8Ghz
5GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT 1GB

I've tried the US and ASIA versions, but the US only played sound once before never again (it does work with patch 1.0c however). ASIA is much better, but in the end, the same regarding frame dips. BIOHAZARD however, well, it seems to work better, but only with those speedrunner patches, and I don't have interest in doing that. I also prefer english (nothing against japanes XD).

Another small request I have: I have this game, Bugs Bunny & Taz: Time Busters, which seems to be a DirectX7 game. Its max resolution is 1024x768, and it doesn't support widescreen. There is an "Add new" tab on your injector, but it doesn't work right now. Will it be possible to make custom settings for other old games? Thing is, I have the Brazilian Portuguese version, which is slightly different than the other versions, so there's that. If you wanna give a look at it, well here's how it looks:

I don't condone piracy, but this game is impossible to obtain legally, since it was a promotion game, which very few people have. In the description of the video, there's a link that leads to the person that originally had the game and shared the copy.
Last edited by TheDimensioner on 21 Mar 2017, 22:02, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”