No dedicated Sublime Text subforum?

Discuss features, issues, about Editors for AHK
Ross

No dedicated Sublime Text subforum?

28 Jun 2021, 23:22

Just saying, I think Sublime Text deserves its own area. It is a helluva editor!
For market share data, this 2018 survey should be sufficient.
In 2019, it remains competitive.
Recently in 2021, Sublime Text 4 was released, with a lot of new goodies.
What do you think?
Adventurer

Re: No dedicated Sublime Text subforum?

17 Sep 2021, 16:44

This would be good. Maybe it would encourage the development of a syntax package for AHKv2 too.
SandyClams

17 Sep 2021, 23:18

I use Sublime. I spent a lot of effort a while back making a v2 syntax definition @Adventurer, and it's really high quality for me personally, but it's not feature complete. I actually don't even remember how incomplete it is any more, but it's not something I'd try to have someone use. Its quality is centered around my own usage pattern when I write v2 code. I really wanted to perfect it and tweak the thing for Sublime 4, in fact I was watching Sublime 4 dev logs and salivating, geeking out at new syntax engine features and how awesome it would be to use them. Somehow I got lost, in fact a million times I probably got lost. I hope to go back to it soonish, but that syntax work melts my brain yo. I think I can speak RegEx out loud after writing that thing. I can see the RegEx Matrix code. AKA, it's a commitment to even put my head in that zone, so I just put it off. But I sure hope to go back to it soon!

I wish I could recommend another v2 syntax package, but I was displeased with every one I could find. If I only found one that didn't annoy me, I would never have dreamed of trying to write one. But maybe someone with more enthusiasm than me will write one.
thqby

23 Sep 2021, 04:49

I just ran the AHK LSP for v2 plug-in on Sublime 4. But syntax highlighting is still v1.

@SandyClams

The LSP plug-in cannot be activated without source selector, so I installed the AHK V1 plug-in again.
image.png
image.png (28.18 KiB) Viewed 3283 times
This is a parameter prompt.
Last edited by thqby on 23 Sep 2021, 04:54, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Editors”