Vim Syntax Highlighting for AHK v2?

Discuss features, issues, about Editors for AHK
sirksel

Vim Syntax Highlighting for AHK v2?

10 Sep 2023, 16:30

Given the very sad news of Bram Moolenaar's untimely passing last month at age 62, I've thought quite a bit about the excellence of vim and the happiness and productivity so many of us have received from what he maintained for over 30 years. In so doing, I've resolved to devote some much needed time to improving my vim setup and giving some attention to things that could be better.

First on my list is AHK v2 syntax highlighting.

This older syntax file is good, but it's as close as I've come to current. Any vim users here know of anything more current that supports v2 or maybe even maintained for v2.1alpha? I'll gladly settle for any strong v2 contender that I can use as a starting point. I figured many who read this board are likely using vim.

If you have any vimscript or links that are better/newer that the above, could you post below? Many thanks!

[Mod edit: Moved topic from 'Ask for Help (v2)'.]
Last edited by sirksel on 10 Sep 2023, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.
thqby

Re: Vim Syntax Highlighting for AHK v2?

10 Sep 2023, 21:35

Currently, ahk2 lsp only provides semantic tokens for variables, parameters, functions, classes, methods, properties, and continuation strings. Strings, operators, parentheses, and other tokens are not provided.
Pchief123

Re: Vim Syntax Highlighting for AHK v2?

26 Jan 2024, 19:29

Both vim (not neo-) and AHK2 are available for Windows 7, yet one dependency of the coc vimplugin, namely Nodejs, isn't.

Return to “Editors”