Thanks to Thalon for his original Messagebox-Creator script and to fincs for the button icon I copied from SciTE4AutoHotkey.
1. Download and unzip the attached file, which contains the MsgBox Creator for Notepad++ script (modified to send its output directly to Notepad++), an icon file, and a bmp image file (for the toolbar button). Keep the script and the icon in the same folder. 2. Create a Menu Item in Notepad++
- In Notepad++, go to the "Run" menu and select "Run..." (or the equivalent if your NP++ menus are in a language other than English)
- In the window that appears, click the "..." button to browse and identify the MsgBox Creator script you just saved. You'll need to change the file type to "All files : (*.*)" to see .ahk files.
- After you have selected the file, click the "Save..." button in the "Run..." window. In the "Shortcut" window that appears, enter "MsgBox Creator" for the name and select a keyboard shortcut if you'd like (although it's not necessary), then click "OK".
- Click "Cancel" in the "Run..." window. You should now see a menu item under the "Run" menu called "MsgBox Creator". You can now run it from the menu.
- Install the "Customize Toolbar" plugin using the "Plugin Manager".
- In the "Plugins" menu, select "Customize Toolbar" and select "Custom Buttons" (it will have a check mark next to it when it has been selected).
- Go to the Notepad++ plugin config folder (typically "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\plugins\config") and edit the file "CustomizeToolbar.btn". It will probably have two example lines in it if you just enabled Custom Buttons for the first time, which you can delete (if you don't delete them, a hammer icon will appear on the toolbar for each). Add the line below and save the file.
Run,MsgBox Creator,,,MsgBox btn.bmp ("Run" needs to match whatever the menu actually is in your language)
- Copy or move the "MsgBox btn.bmp" file (not the .ico file) from the zip file to the config folder.
- Restart Notepad++. You should see a new button on the toolbar that launches MsgBox Creator for Notepad++.