Page 4 of 6

Re: Setup Notepad++ for AutoHotkey

Posted: 15 Apr 2016, 15:02
by HinkerLoden
I found few commands if forgot or didnt ordered in the right. Some fine tuning is in progress. But working good for me. Only the option to set up the mark background i cant find.

Re: Setup Notepad++ for AutoHotkey

Posted: 27 May 2016, 10:12
by F_r_o
Hello guys, I am having the same trouble as NottMee, in that I have the auto-completion working fine, but parameter tool-tips fail to show. I have ticked "Function parameters hint on input"

Windows 8.1
AHK 1.1.23.05
Notepad++ v6.9.2

Re: Setup Notepad++ for AutoHotkey

Posted: 22 Aug 2016, 08:35
by lmstearn
HinkerLoden wrote:I was really going crazy...
Ditto: The "Current Line Background" for bright text was too dark. Fixed now, and thanks!

Re: Setup Notepad++ for AutoHotkey

Posted: 22 Sep 2016, 06:57
by jNizM
Notepad++ 7 new features and bug-fixes:

Code: Select all

1.  64-bit build available.
2.  Fix the DLL Hijacking Vulnerability of previous versions (by updating NSIS to v3.0).
3.  Auto-updater improvement: periodical check can be disable via auto-update prompt dialog.
4.  Installer enhancement: Check if Notepad++ is running and ask the user to close it before continue.
5.  Enhancement: add conflict detection to Shortcut Mapper.
6.  Fix auto-completion on XML comment <!-- comment --> and <?xml> tag bug.
7.  Fix file saving crash which can be reproduced through a specific way to save file.
8.  Fix a crash issue while UDL's user keyword list is too long.
9.  Fix HDPI issues for some components (task list, margins and shortcut mapper).
10. Add a new feature(optional) : Close the last document will quit Notepad++.
11. Add more Change Case variants (Title Case, Sentence case, iVERT cASE, rANdOm caSe).
12. Add Open file & open containing folder commands on selected file/folder name in text content.
13. Add Search on Internet command on selected word(s) in text content.
14. Add Scroll Tab Bar with mouse wheel capacity.
15. Add commands for moving the current file tab Forward/Backward.
16. Fix bug of monitoring not working for files under root.
17. Ruby is supported by Function List.
18. Added new option: Enable scrolling beyond last line.
19. Add an option to restore old behaviour (open files in folder) while folder being dropped.

Included plugins:

1.  NppExport v0.2.8 (32-bit x86 only)
2.  Plugin Manager 1.3.5 (32-bit x86 only)
3.  Converter 4.2
4.  Mime Tool 2.1


Updater (Installer only):

* WinGup v4.1
Contra x64-bit version:
- Old plugins do not work (like the RunMe Plugin)

Re: Setup Notepad++ for AutoHotkey

Posted: 22 Sep 2016, 17:21
by Masonjar13
I'll just leave this here.. :)

AutoHotkey (Scintilla) Lexer: https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic ... 3&p=110795

Re: Setup Notepad++ for AutoHotkey

Posted: 27 Sep 2016, 09:09
by kczx3
jNizM wrote:Notepad++ 7 new features and bug-fixes:

Code: Select all

1.  64-bit build available.
2.  Fix the DLL Hijacking Vulnerability of previous versions (by updating NSIS to v3.0).
3.  Auto-updater improvement: periodical check can be disable via auto-update prompt dialog.
4.  Installer enhancement: Check if Notepad++ is running and ask the user to close it before continue.
5.  Enhancement: add conflict detection to Shortcut Mapper.
6.  Fix auto-completion on XML comment <!-- comment --> and <?xml> tag bug.
7.  Fix file saving crash which can be reproduced through a specific way to save file.
8.  Fix a crash issue while UDL's user keyword list is too long.
9.  Fix HDPI issues for some components (task list, margins and shortcut mapper).
10. Add a new feature(optional) : Close the last document will quit Notepad++.
11. Add more Change Case variants (Title Case, Sentence case, iVERT cASE, rANdOm caSe).
12. Add Open file & open containing folder commands on selected file/folder name in text content.
13. Add Search on Internet command on selected word(s) in text content.
14. Add Scroll Tab Bar with mouse wheel capacity.
15. Add commands for moving the current file tab Forward/Backward.
16. Fix bug of monitoring not working for files under root.
17. Ruby is supported by Function List.
18. Added new option: Enable scrolling beyond last line.
19. Add an option to restore old behaviour (open files in folder) while folder being dropped.

Included plugins:

1.  NppExport v0.2.8 (32-bit x86 only)
2.  Plugin Manager 1.3.5 (32-bit x86 only)
3.  Converter 4.2
4.  Mime Tool 2.1


Updater (Installer only):

* WinGup v4.1
Contra x64-bit version:
- Old plugins do not work (like the RunMe Plugin)
It seems that I am not able to fold code blocks after updating to NP++ 7. Anyone else seeing this as well?

Re: Setup Notepad++ for AutoHotkey

Posted: 27 Sep 2016, 15:56
by Masonjar13
kczx3 wrote: It seems that I am not able to fold code blocks after updating to NP++ 7. Anyone else seeing this as well?
Works fine for me. Using the 64-bit version on W7.

Re: Setup Notepad++ for AutoHotkey

Posted: 28 Sep 2016, 07:00
by kczx3
Doesn't work for AHK files but does for PHP.

I tried attaching screenshots but they aren't working.

Re: Setup Notepad++ for AutoHotkey

Posted: 28 Sep 2016, 07:04
by jNizM
No problem here too.

What you can try is uninstall notepad++ and delete leftover folders and files in programm and appdata. After this install npp again.

Re: Setup Notepad++ for AutoHotkey

Posted: 28 Sep 2016, 07:24
by kczx3
Another thing I would love to figure out with np++ for the AHK lanuage is how to make it act like it does when editing a PHP file. If you enter a {, it adds the closing brace. My install does do this with AHK files as that is simply a preference. But in PHP, if you then hit Enter, it auto indents the next line by one tab and places the closing curly brace on the next line, back into position.

Re: Setup Notepad++ for AutoHotkey

Posted: 28 Sep 2016, 08:07
by jNizM
These are my settings.
It adds the closed brackets instand after I open 1
e.g. -> press { adds } to -> {} (the cursor is in the middle of both {|}) if i hit than enter it moves the 2nd brackets into the next line
Image

Re: Setup Notepad++ for AutoHotkey

Posted: 28 Sep 2016, 09:15
by kczx3
AHK after typing { and then hitting enter:
Image

PHP after typing { and then hitting enter:
Image

It's hard to tell but with PHP, it also indents the blank line by one tab. So you can immediately start coding your function or code block.

Re: Setup Notepad++ for AutoHotkey

Posted: 28 Sep 2016, 09:41
by jNizM
Added a feature-request in Notepad++ for this.
Now we need to wait for a reply from the developer "Don Ho".

Re: Setup Notepad++ for AutoHotkey

Posted: 28 Sep 2016, 12:56
by kczx3
jNizM wrote:Added a feature-request in Notepad++ for this.
Now we need to wait for a reply from the developer "Don Ho".
Links so I can up-vote it?

Re: Setup Notepad++ for AutoHotkey

Posted: 05 Oct 2016, 11:33
by freespacing
@jNizM Thank you for keeping your top post up to date.

@vangogh's dark theme is looking great for me on top of the Black Board style.
Prior to this I was using EditPad Pro (my main text editor) for which someone made an ahk file, but no auto-complete.

Not sure but that default font might be Courier. Will probably switch to Consolas.

Image

Re: Setup Notepad++ for AutoHotkey

Posted: 05 Oct 2016, 12:47
by kczx3
freespacing wrote:Not sure but that default font might be Courier. Will probably switch to Consolas.
I used Consolas across the board. Love it.

Re: Setup Notepad++ for AutoHotkey

Posted: 18 Dec 2016, 14:06
by KusochekDobra
Hello everyone!
I use "notepad++ v7.2.2" and do not understand, how to install plugin FunctionList. Zip with all content "notepad++" now a have this plugin and him "functionlist.xml" do not have a rule for AHK, described in "FunctionListRule.xml" in the plugin located in "sourceforge.net". Rule in this thread - is not working properly showing everything, including variable after a name which is a sign ":".
Help me in this question please. And sorry for my bad english.

Re: Setup Notepad++ for AutoHotkey

Posted: 20 Jan 2017, 09:18
by SirRFI
Thanks for the syntax, using it for years now.



At some point code grouping broke:
Image
Left is proper, using Windows End Of Line characters (EOL, \r\n). Right is Unix EOL style (\n), creating random groups.
Is there a way to fix it?

Re: Setup Notepad++ for AutoHotkey

Posted: 19 Feb 2017, 10:16
by boiler
KusochekDobra wrote:Hello everyone!
I use "notepad++ v7.2.2" and do not understand, how to install plugin FunctionList. Zip with all content "notepad++" now a have this plugin and him "functionlist.xml" do not have a rule for AHK, described in "FunctionListRule.xml" in the plugin located in "sourceforge.net". Rule in this thread - is not working properly showing everything, including variable after a name which is a sign ":".
Help me in this question please. And sorry for my bad english.
Did you edit the file functionList.xml as was described in the other thread? Perhaps you didnn't add the new information in the correct location in that file. Can you post the contents of your function list.xml file? Please put it between tags.

Re: Setup Notepad++ for AutoHotkey

Posted: 19 Feb 2017, 10:19
by boiler
SirRFI wrote: Left is proper, using Windows End Of Line characters (EOL, \r\n). Right is Unix EOL style (\n), creating random groups.
Is there a way to fix it?
Are you saying it used to work with both cases but now it doesn't if the EOL is only \n? Can you re-save your files so it has both?