Update Prompt error(?)

The popular SciTE-based AutoHotkey Script Editor
shuyungboat

Update Prompt error(?)

Post by shuyungboat » 12 Apr 2022, 14:12

When I went to edit my AHK script today in SciTE4AHK I got this message that pops up. The screenshot provided is all I can clip as the window will not allow me to scroll in it or resize it. I was wondering if anyone here has seen this before and what it might mean. If I check for updates, this same box comes up again but I think I am up to date. Thanks in advance!
image.png
image.png (103.19 KiB) Viewed 808 times

gregster

Re: Update Prompt error(?)

Post by gregster » 12 Apr 2022, 14:23

The webpage used for the update checks expired recently. Pressing the enter key helped me to close that window.

See for example here, for general solutions: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=102535
For me, this worked in Scite4AHK to disable the update checks: Go to Options > Open user properties > add the line automatic.updates=0 > save that file

(Moved topic to the Scite4AHK subforum.)

DataLife

Post by DataLife » 12 Apr 2022, 23:07

gregster wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 14:23
The webpage used for the update checks expired recently. Pressing the enter key helped me to close that window.

See for example here, for general solutions: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=102535
For me, this worked in Scite4AHK to disable the update checks: Go to Options > Open user properties > add the line automatic.updates=0 > save that file

(Moved topic to the Scite4AHK subforum.)
Thanks gregster, that worked for me.
Check out my scripts. (MyIpChanger) (ClipBoard Manager) (SavePictureAs)
All my scripts are tested on Windows 10, AutoHotkey 32 bit Ansi unless otherwise stated.

CPager

Post by CPager » 13 Apr 2022, 16:40

Like several users, I also had this same problem, but your simple and effective instructions and solutions, have definitely put an end to this problem.
Many thanks to the AutoHotkey community, for your support.
Also, with you, there is no need to wait for hours on the phone, to get support;
(Your call is important to us, but wait a few hours and we'll get back to you).

Return to “SciTE4AutoHotkey”