SciTe doesn't work.....

The popular SciTE-based AutoHotkey Script Editor
furian

SciTe doesn't work.....

Post by furian » 11 Aug 2023, 10:32

I've used AHK numerous times int he past, usually situational (not an every day user.) I rebuild often, so when it comes time to use it, I typically have to reinstall it. I have never had issues before today.

Simply put, the recent install of AHK and SciTe doesn't work. You get C:\program is not recognized, and there is no syntax highlighting.

There are few posts out there on this, however, its odd that there are not more. I had limited success with those posts, such as getting the IDE to run my scripts by editiong the ahk.properties, but I still have no syntax highlighting. What am I missing here? Is there a document on how to get this working that I have not found? What is the official answer on this?

I downloaded SciTe from the autohotkey official site, so I'm assuming this is the officially supported IDE? I'm on a brand new install of Windows 11 (this issue prompted my reinstall)... this is literally the first app I installed and it still doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated!

furian

Re: SciTe doesn't work.....

Post by furian » 11 Aug 2023, 12:32

I was able to resolve this by using the portable version and editing the ahk.properties to the correct paths. This is mentioned in another post, although its buried a bit.

AutoHotkeyDir=C:\Program files\Autohotkey\v2

Return to “SciTE4AutoHotkey”