ErrorStdOut Topic is solved

The popular SciTE-based AutoHotkey Script Editor
entropy

ErrorStdOut

Post by entropy » 07 May 2022, 22:19

Hello!
I’ve downloaded SciTE4AutoHotkey to make my life easier but since I did, every script I load from the program, is adding ErrorStdOut to the path I see in the windows task manager.
When I load the same script from its original location this line of error disappears.
I’ve searched online but I didn’t find anything to solve it.

By the way, is this editor SciTE4AutoHotkey updated or a newer exists? (Sorry I'm by far not a tech nerd!)

Thanks!

>"C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey.exe" /ErrorStdOut "G:\Users\Christos\OneDrive\BackUp\AutoHotKeys\01 keyboard shortcuts.ahk"

gregster

Re: ErrorStdOut  Topic is solved

Post by gregster » 07 May 2022, 23:48

No need to worry. /ErrorStdOut in the command line doesn't mean that there is an error, but that potential errors get now captured by the editor: see eg https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/Scripts.htm#cmd :
/ErrorStdOut
Send syntax errors that prevent a script from launching to the standard error stream (stderr) rather than displaying a dialog.
and
https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/_ErrorStdOut.htm#Remarks wrote:This allows fancy editors such as TextPad, SciTE, Crimson, and EditPlus to jump to the offending line when a syntax error occurs. Since the #ErrorStdOut directive would have to be added to every script, it is usually better to set up your editor to use the command line switch /ErrorStdOut when launching any AutoHotkey script (see further below for setup instructions).
This means, the script actually gets started intentionally by the editor with the /ErrorStOut command line switch. This shouldn't be a problem; everything is alright.

SciTE4AHK is a bit outdated, but I am still using it regularly. fincs just started to work again on SciTE4AHK, the first time since many years. A new version with some bugfixes and improvements could be coming in the nearer future, afaik. See announcment: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=62&p=460475#p459537

entropy

Re: ErrorStdOut

Post by entropy » 09 May 2022, 10:35

@gregster
Thank you for taking the time to reply and great news that it'll be updated.

I found out how to insert bookmarks - for some reason the Ctrl+F2 command is hidden :-) but I can't figure out how to save the bookmarks. Every time I exit the file I’m working with the bookmarks disappear when I reopen the file.

I wouldn’t be able to operate my computer without AutoHotKey.
Is there anywhere scripts that one can choose and download ready for use?

Thanks again!

gregster

Post by gregster » 10 May 2022, 23:52

entropy wrote:
09 May 2022, 10:35
Is there anywhere scripts that one can choose and download ready for use?
You are probably aware of our Scripts and Functions subforum, but like the name already suggests, these are not all stand-alone applications, but also many functions and libraries, for all kind of use cases. Nevertheless, this is a great resource.
Searching on github might also give you some interesting results.

But you probably mean in terms of a curated list? Well, there is a limited amount of resources.
There is the Script Showcase in the AHK docs: https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/scripts/index.htm
These scripts are rather old, but most probably still work.

There is also: [AutoHotkey Programming Tools] + Featured Scripts
and the Awesome AutoHotkey list (which also includes many libraries, and not only ready-to-use applications).

Others might have more ideas.

gregster

Post by gregster » 11 May 2022, 00:11

entropy wrote:
09 May 2022, 10:35
I found out how to insert bookmarks - for some reason the Ctrl+F2 command is hidden :-) but I can't figure out how to save the bookmarks. Every time I exit the file I’m working with the bookmarks disappear when I reopen the file.
Afaik, bookmarks get saved in sessions. That means, if you save a session of scripts and re-open it later (see File menu), the bookmarks will be remembered. But I think they don't get saved in or for individual AHK files outside of sessions.
(A "session" allows to open a number of AHK files which belong together. )

entropy

Post by entropy » 11 May 2022, 09:37

@gregster
Thank you for replying. I appreciate this!
I followed your links and found interesting scripts.
Thanks again.

Return to “SciTE4AutoHotkey”