Problem with sciTE4autohotkey software Topic is solved

The popular SciTE-based AutoHotkey Script Editor
Raghava Doregowda

Problem with sciTE4autohotkey software

Post by Raghava Doregowda » 24 Dec 2022, 06:15

Hi, Does anyone know how I can make this software scITE4Authotkey NOT open the edit window when I double click the executable AHK file? I want the script to compile on double click and not open the editor. It's kind of frustrating to use Notepad as it is and also its kind of annoying to double click and run the script every time instead of normally double clicking the executable file. If I want to I'll want to right click the file and click on "Edit Script" and then it can open scite4autohotkey.

boiler

Re: Problem with sciTE4autohotkey software

Post by boiler » 24 Dec 2022, 08:19

You have set something up wrong or set a file association incorrectly if it’s opening the script in SciTE4AutoHotkey or any other editor when you double-click a script file. Usually it’s because you changed associations from the AutoHotkey executable to your editor for “Open”. Try right-clicking on a .ahk file and select “Open with...” then select the AutoHotkey.exe file from your installation folder, and select the option to always open that file type with that application.

lexikos

Re: Problem with sciTE4autohotkey software

Post by lexikos » 25 Dec 2022, 01:13

It's a known issue with the current SciTE4AutoHotkey release, caused by a Windows bug.

boiler's suggestion should work for AutoHotkey v1. For v2, the open with list should have "AutoHotkey" or "AutoHotkey Launcher". The v2 installer can also put things back the way they should be, but in this case that mightn't be a permanent fix.

Raghava Doregowda

Re: Problem with sciTE4autohotkey software  Topic is solved

Post by Raghava Doregowda » 29 Dec 2022, 04:16

Hey Everyone, I've finally solved it. Just type Default programs in Windows search bar in the taskbar, then select "Default programs by type" and then look out for .ahk extension default program(you can view the left side of the window as you scroll through to look out for the extensions, then you'll see Scite4Autohotkey is the default program. Just click it and change the default program to Unicode 64 bit(The "H" thumbnail icon) and that's it.

Return to “SciTE4AutoHotkey”