sciTE4AutoHotkey can't debug

20 Jul 2023, 09:38

f1cb787ecde164fcb80e16d74671824.png
f1cb787ecde164fcb80e16d74671824.png (636.64 KiB) Viewed 1283 times
How to solve?
gregster

Re: sciTE4AutoHotkey can't debug  Topic is solved

20 Jul 2023, 10:28

Doesn't look like this has much to do with SciTE's debugging, but yes, SciTE reports a problem.

It seems you are trying to compile a script via SciTE's 'Tools > Compile' menu entry, but the compilation fails for some reason.

Since the source file seems to be located in a subfolder of 'Program Files', SciTE probably tries to create the destination file in the same folder - and probably it doesn't have suffcient rights to write there. I would rather move the source file (TestSuite.ahk) to the 'Documents' folder or something similar, and try again.

It's also possible that the setup is somehow wrong, and it can't find the compiler or the compiler can't locate the base file which is needed to compile (the error message might hint at this last possibility) . Did you install AHK v1 at all? Are you currently able to run this file via SciTE?
Alternatively, you could compile by using the ahk2exe's GUI (just run ahk2exe itself) - there you would have the chance to choose the base file manually.
xerzsh

Re: sciTE4AutoHotkey can't debug

20 Jul 2023, 18:36

gregster wrote:
Doesn't look like this has much to do with SciTE's debugging, but yes, SciTE reports a problem.

It seems you are trying to compile a script via SciTE's 'Tools > Compile' menu entry, but the compilation fails for some reason.

Since the source file seems to be located in a subfolder of 'Program Files', SciTE probably tries to create the destination file in the same folder - and probably it doesn't have suffcient rights to write there. I would rather move the source file (TestSuite.ahk) to the 'Documents' folder or something similar, and try again.

It's also possible that the setup is somehow wrong, and it can't find the compiler or the compiler can't locate the base file which is needed to compile (the error message might hint at this last possibility) . Did you install AHK v1 at all? Are you currently able to run this file via SciTE?
Alternatively, you could compile by using the ahk2exe's GUI (just run ahk2exe itself) - there you would have the chance to choose the base file manually.
Thank you very much for your help!
xerzsh

Re: sciTE4AutoHotkey can't debug

20 Jul 2023, 18:54

gregster wrote:

I found that it was the last possibility. I only install the v2 and install v1 as additional version. As a result, I neither run nor debug.Then i install v1 as custom installation, then the problem is solved.

Return to “SciTE4AutoHotkey”