I want my Min, Max, and Close buttons. Topic is solved

The popular SciTE-based AutoHotkey Script Editor
howardb1

I want my Min, Max, and Close buttons.

24 Jan 2020, 11:06

While using the SciTE4AutoHotKey editor I accidentally pressed a key near or at the top of my keyboard on the right-middle side, somewhat over the backspace key, the editor window flashed, and the line above File, Edit, Search Menus disappeared or was possibly pushed up and off the screen, making it impossible to push the Min, Max, and Close buttons. I couldn't drag the editor down to show them and right clicking on the SciTE4AutoHotKey icon in the taskbar doesn't show an option to restore editor to show them again. When I these buttons disappear, the row that these buttons are in, that row didn't just become empty, it is no longer there and the menu row is now right at the top of my screen and the editor is maximized, and none of the boarders can be dragged. Exiting and restarting the editor opens the editor screen without these buttons.

This causes me problems because I like to keep my desktop and other running program screens open so I can watch what they're doing, such as the AutoHotKey script that I'm editing and running.

Please, what can I do to restore the normal edit screen so I can see these buttons. Also, to the creators of SciTE4AutoHotKey, when I turn off View>Full Screen, make the row that these buttons are on show again.
Thanks.
Xtra

Re: I want my Min, Max, and Close buttons.

24 Jan 2020, 12:35

Have you tried pressing F11 ?
howardb1

25 Jan 2020, 16:04

Yes, all that does is toggle showing/hiding the taskbar. The Min, Max, and Close button area/line doesn't show.

Thanks anyway.
TAC109

Re: I want my Min, Max, and Close buttons.  Topic is solved

25 Jan 2020, 16:32

To move a window using the keyboard only:
  • If necessary, use F11 so that the window is not maximised.
  • Press and hold alt.
  • Press space.
  • Press m.
  • Release alt.
  • Now use the arrow keys to move the window.
  • Press esc to exit this mode.
My scripts:-
XRef - Produces Cross Reference lists for scripts
ReClip - A Text Reformatting and Clip Management utility
ScriptGuard - Protects Compiled Scripts from Decompilation
I also maintain Ahk2Exe
howardb1

25 Jan 2020, 17:03

That did it! Actually, all I needed was the ALT-Space. At that point the system menu showed and I could choose Size. After making the window smaller I could drag it and show the top line.

Thanks again.

Return to “SciTE4AutoHotkey”