Changing Font Size

Editor for AutoHotkey written completely in AutoHotkey.

Moderator: maestrith

Alexander2

Changing Font Size

22 Feb 2021, 10:39

Can someone explain how to change font sizes in AHK Studio? I have tried going to Settings > Theme > Default > Font Style but was not able to make changes.
DaveT1

Re: Changing Font Size

22 Feb 2021, 12:56

Hmm, I'm not sure what / how the settings you indicate are supposed to do! Shame there's no way to know - I've screwed up theme settings before because I decided to try changing them and then couldn't see a way back :crazy:. Had to do a fresh install!

But Settings > Theme & then ctrl+click on each element of the theme (shown on the right hand pane) allows you to change font size. But I guess the downside of this is that you have to adjust each element separately :shock: .

Hopefully someone better in the know can better advise.

HTHs(a little).
Alexander2

23 Feb 2021, 04:11

When I try to change the font settings, the program stops working. I have tried reinstalling it, but the problem persists. Is there a way to change the font size settings directly in a settings file in the program's directory? In what file are the settings stored?
I have tried changing all "size="10"" to "size="20"" in the "Themes.xml" file, but there were no changes in the font size.
DaveT1

23 Feb 2021, 04:27

Alexander2 wrote:
When I try to change the font settings, the program stops working. I have tried reinstalling it, but the problem persists.
I had problems like this (not font related though) with AHK Studio installed on my C:\Program file\... dir, but without appropriate permissions to write to that directory.

I've since moved AHK Studio into my D:\ dir, and this sort of problem went away. Not sure if this is affecting you though.
DaveT1

23 Feb 2021, 04:35

I've just been edditing font size and theme name from the AHK Studio\lib\Settings.xml file. Both these work fine for me. I edited this file with AHK Studio closed and the changes took effect when I ran AHK Studio.

HTHs.
Alexander2

23 Feb 2021, 05:01

DaveT1 wrote: I've just been edditing font size and theme name from the AHK Studio\lib\Settings.xml file. Both these work fine for me. I edited this file with AHK Studio closed and the changes took effect when I ran AHK Studio.
In the "Settings.xml" file also, I have changed all "size="10"" to "size="20"", but the font size is still the same when I run the program.
DaveT1 wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 04:27
Alexander2 wrote:
When I try to change the font settings, the program stops working. I have tried reinstalling it, but the problem persists.
I had problems like this (not font related though) with AHK Studio installed on my C:\Program file\... dir, but without appropriate permissions to write to that directory.

I've since moved AHK Studio into my D:\ dir, and this sort of problem went away. Not sure if this is affecting you though.
The program is outside of the "Program Files" folder on my computer, because it is a portable version which I have downloaded from https://github.com/maestrith/AHK-Studio/archive/master.zip

Return to “AHK Studio”