AHK Studio

Editor for AutoHotkey written completely in AutoHotkey.

Moderator: maestrith

maestrith

Re: AHK Studio

10 Nov 2017, 12:10

Wow, I am a dumb...I updated the files and they "should" work now. Delete lib\menus.xml and re-run it.
John H Wilson III 05/29/51 - 03/01/2020. You will be missed.AHK Studio OSDGUI Creator
Donations
Discord
All code is done on a 64 bit Windows 10 PC Running AutoHotkey x32
BriHecato

11 Nov 2017, 05:57

Thank You, this Studio is amazing.
I only need to find light background theme :D
maestrith

11 Nov 2017, 07:34

BriHecato wrote:Thank You, this Studio is amazing.
I only need to find light background theme :D
Thank you :) You can always edit the themes in Alt+M Theme {Enter} and change the colors individually
John H Wilson III 05/29/51 - 03/01/2020. You will be missed.AHK Studio OSDGUI Creator
Donations
Discord
derz00

16 Nov 2017, 12:04

Hey mae

I was setting up some replacements in Studio, and I wanted the input to have ;; in front (;;mx for Msgbox), but that doesn't work. Plain mx for Msgbox works though. I also tried /mx, which replaced to /MsgBox. Any idea what's up?
try it and see
maestrith

17 Nov 2017, 08:25

derz00 wrote:Hey mae

I was setting up some replacements in Studio, and I wanted the input to have ;; in front (;;mx for Msgbox), but that doesn't work. Plain mx for Msgbox works though. I also tried /mx, which replaced to /MsgBox. Any idea what's up?
As or right now you can not have you can't have non-letter characters in replacement triggers but I will look into it.
Donations
Discord
maestrith

19 Nov 2017, 16:51

maestrith wrote:
derz00 wrote:Hey mae

As or right now you can not have you can't have non-letter characters in replacement triggers but I will look into it.
The Beta now contains the ability to use non-word characters as replacement triggers
Donations
Discord
maestrith

15 Dec 2017, 12:56

Added:
-Regex Replace Selected Dialog: A small GUI to use Regex to replace the selected text
-Regex Replace Selected: Use the saved Regex items from the above dialog
Save As and Save: Reported by derz00 #144
-Saving with *.* selected still adds .ahk to the file extension
-Refresh Current File:
-Refresh Current Project:
--Re-Scans the current File/Project and updates the Code Explorer/Omni-Search
--Quick Find Ignore: A list of Styles that will be ignored by Quick Find
-Edit Hotkeys: Now with a better search feature
-Check For Updates: Development Branch Switch
-Create Comment: For Making Comments.
-SplashScreen
-Version Tracker
Changed:
-Publish: Now does Additional Publish
-Words In Document: Changed the backend so that it only will add the words related to the first 2 letters you typed rather than the entire list to improve performance
-Find:
--Changed how found items are displayed
--Auto Show Selected
--Up and Down arrows will navigate between found items
-Restore Current File:
--Made it a part of Studio
-Jump To First Available: Numbered multiple items in the list
-Creates:
-%A_MyDocuments%\Lib\DebugWindow.ahk: For the function DebugWindow(Text,Clear:=0,LineBreak:=0,Sleep:=0,AutoHide:=0) to display text in the Debug Window
-Tweaked the Omni-Search a bit more
-Set_New_File_Default_Folder: Now keeps track of a Global folder and Project Specific folders
-Changed the backup folder to AHK-Studio Backup to make it easier to find
Changed: Suggested by Run1e
-Omni-Search:
--Title now contains instructions
--Adjustment for Acronyms
Fixed:
-Debug:
--Forgot that I moved the notifications to another Function and opening the Variable Browser was not possible
Added: Suggested by Joe Glines
-Selections: When you have multiple selections it will show how many you have
-Total Replaced: When using Replace Selected it will show how many items you replaced
-New Language Setup
-New Theme Setup to include multiple programming languages
-Words In Document: Fixed
-Command Help: It will attempt to get the right word a few times
-DebugWindow(Text,Clear:=0,LineBreak:=0,Sleep:=0) Plugin method to display text in the debug window in Studio
--Ctrl+A now works in the Debug Window
Fixed: Reported by Joe Glines
- ;~ { was causing indent. Only ;{ and ;
-Debug Window: Odd behavior when clicking on anything when the Debug Window is active
Fixed: Reported by Run1e
-Full Tree
-Exemption error causing a scroll
-Refresh Current Project: Was leaving orphaned items in the Project/Code Explorer
Fixed: Reported by Astral Essence (Discord)
-Find: Clicking on the + to expand an item was causing it to quickly show then hide the information
-Right Click on Project Explorer was not showing the information for the file you right clicked on
-Moved the Debug Tip from the main GUI to the Debug Panel (where it should be)
Removed: Reported by Run1e
-Show Type Prefix: I never used it.
Added: Reported by Run1e
-Disable Exemption Handling
-Disable Match Brace Highlight On Delete
Added: Requested by nnnik
-Ability to have boundaries in Replacements $[word]
Donations
Discord
maestrith

29 Dec 2017, 06:39

Fixed:
- A-Lot of issues surrounding Tracked Notes
Added: Requested by Joe Glines
- Add Separators the Right Click Menus
Changed: Suggested by maltaannon
- If there is an icon with the same name as the project in the project folder it will use that icon when compiling, but if not it will use the first found icon
- Kill Process will try to kill a process the nice way first, then it will kill the process another way, then if it doesn't still work it will launch the Task Manager and show a MsgBox that will tell you that it was unable to do so.
Fixed: Reported by Run1e
- Themes with Code/Project Explorer edits were not working properly
Fixed: Noticed by maestrith while talking to HilltribeG
- Options bound to hotkeys were not working
Removed: Reported by maltaannon
- I left a MsgBox in the Compile function
Fixed:
- Files #Included multiple times were not getting properly indexed
- Publish: When publishing an Untitled.ahk file it will get the right files if you #Include a file
Updated:
- OSD: Will download Lib\Base Menu.xml and display the base hotkeys so that if you use it, it will have the original hotkeys
Fixed: Reported by maltaannon
- XML files are not being stored in the proper folders at times.
Fixed: Noticed by maasq
- Github Info was in the old style
- Create Function From Selected: Added Menu Item
Fixed: Reported by Waetherman (Discord)
- Backspace was not updating the StatusBar
- Untitled Scripts: t() and m() are added so if there is a function named t or m then it will error
- Kill Process: With Untitled files was causing trouble
Changed: Requested by Waetherman (Discord)
- Paste has 2 states 1 before the fix indent, 1 after so you can Ctrl-Z to bring back the original indent
- Untitled files are saved and re-opened when you open Studio
Re-Added: Requested by Waetherman (Discord)
- Re-Added the Scratch Pad
Donations
Discord
derz00

06 Jan 2018, 12:19

Hey,

If Studio doesn't start (the window appears but is unresponsive) what file can I delete to "refresh" it?

Thanks
try it and see
maestrith

06 Jan 2018, 13:47

derz00 wrote:Hey,

If Studio doesn't start (the window appears but is unresponsive) what file can I delete to "refresh" it?

Thanks
Close Studio, Rename the Lib folder to Lib1 (or something) and then re-open
if it works then great! if not let me know. You can get all your settings back from Settings.xml
Donations
Discord
derz00

06 Jan 2018, 18:32

That seemed to work! Thanks. Settings restore nicely.
try it and see
derz00

09 Jan 2018, 17:47

For some reason Studio is losing changes to settings/theme. I didn't update or anything. I just restarted it, and it lost a theme change, and a hotkey change. Any idea what's going on? Should I not be messing around with two formats (.ahk and custom .ahk2)
try it and see
maestrith

09 Jan 2018, 17:53

derz00 wrote:For some reason Studio is losing changes to settings/theme. I didn't update or anything. I just restarted it, and it lost a theme change, and a hotkey change. Any idea what's going on? Should I not be messing around with two formats (.ahk and custom .ahk2)
When was the last time you updated? I did have some settings issues that I believe I fixed. I recently pushed a few updates that deal with the settings files. Let me know if you still have the issues, and what you are doing so that I can try and see if I get the same results. I may have asked before but where do you have Studio on your computer? It does not like to be in any sort of protected folder like Program Files.
Donations
Discord
derz00

09 Jan 2018, 18:15

No it's under A_MyDocuments.

I updated. Studio restarts. Freezes like I mentioned the other day. I force close it, and I change the lib folder name. Restart. Works. Close. Copy over settings.xml. Froze again. So maybe I can't restore my settings this time (I didn't have much changed, really)...
try it and see
derz00

09 Jan 2018, 18:18

Issue: The default button (when Enter is pressed) in "Edit Hotkeys" should be "Change Hotkeys" instead of "Find Next"??
try it and see
maestrith

09 Jan 2018, 18:25

derz00 wrote:No it's under A_MyDocuments.

I updated. Studio restarts. Freezes like I mentioned the other day. I force close it, and I change the lib folder name. Restart. Works. Close. Copy over settings.xml. Froze again. So maybe I can't restore my settings this time (I didn't have much changed, really)...
Main folder in My Documents, or is there a sub-folder in there?
Donations
Discord
derz00

11 Jan 2018, 18:18

Thank you for the added brace features. Just feedback here, I'm not impatient or upset yet. :P You might be.

1. So far, I haven't got the braces to match the background... Enabled the setting, restarted, no luck yet.
2. I'm trying to set up a hotkey for "Move Matching Brace". I notice that it's not possible to create a hotkey with Tab or Enter because of what those buttons do in that window.
3. When you tell Studio to "Move Matching Brace" when you're not beside a brace, a message box tells you so, then I get an error. Something about there not being a return before a brace (in Studio's source)
4. I notice that since recently (I updated today and yesterday, and I think it started yesterday) when you close/exit Settings, Omni-Search, or likely other dialogue windows, the next-back from AHK Studio (previously active) window is activated, not the main Studio window.
try it and see
maestrith

11 Jan 2018, 20:03

derz00 wrote:Thank you for the added brace features. Just feedback here, I'm not impatient or upset yet. :P You might be.

1. So far, I haven't got the braces to match the background... Enabled the setting, restarted, no luck yet.
2. I'm trying to set up a hotkey for "Move Matching Brace". I notice that it's not possible to create a hotkey with Tab or Enter because of what those buttons do in that window.
3. When you tell Studio to "Move Matching Brace" when you're not beside a brace, a message box tells you so, then I get an error. Something about there not being a return before a brace (in Studio's source)
4. I notice that since recently (I updated today and yesterday, and I think it started yesterday) when you close/exit Settings, Omni-Search, or likely other dialogue windows, the next-back from AHK Studio (previously active) window is activated, not the main Studio window.
At some point I would like to watch your PC and see what is going on.

1. I hope to see what is going on when we use TeamViewer because it is working on my end but I may be doing something different to what you are.
2. Hotkeys can be set with keys that are not standard by using the edit field below the hotkey (I have a video that touches on this and shows how to use it) so you would enter +^Enter for Ctrl+Shift+Enter.
3. I am not getting that error. What version of AHK are you using? I will see if I can get the same version and test it. (Edit I just updated to v1.1.27.04 and I do not get those errors)
4. What window are you referring to? It is supposed to have the main edit grab focus when you return to AHK-Studio or close a dialog.
Donations
Discord
derz00

12 Jan 2018, 08:32

1. OK, I'll see about that.
2. Thanks for the tip. I couldn't figure out that edit box :P Great job on the videos.
3. I don't even have later than 27.01. I'll get more info sometime soon. This is the error message: https://p.ahkscript.org/?p=f704c86a
4. It grabs (makes active) the window previously active before Studio when I close a dialog. For example, I am browsing in Windows Explorer, then switch to AHK-Studio, and open a dialog. When I close the dialog, something (evidently AHK-Studio) activates the Explorer window.
try it and see
autocart

25 Feb 2018, 15:18

Hi again,
Is it possible to define word delimiters for highlighting and selection upon double click?
I like to start my variables with a $ sign. But the default seems that Studio does not see this as part of the name/word.
I looked but could not find an option to re-define the word delimiters. Is it possible?
Regards, S.

Return to “AHK Studio”