Simple Question. How to change the color in AHK Studio.

Editor for AutoHotkey written completely in AutoHotkey.

Moderator: maestrith

BannerStore

Simple Question. How to change the color in AHK Studio.

17 Jan 2020, 13:03

I must be really stupid or something because I can't figure this out!

How do you change the background color of AHK Studio?

I must have spent 2 hours looking for the settings for this within all the menus. I've googled and read through about 20 threads about colors in AutoHotkey but nothing seems to come up about this particular issue. I guess it's so simple that nobody has asked it. (I'm a newb.)

What have I tried? I have gone into Settings under the Options menu. I can change the color of the Code Explorer (section at bottom right) and I can change the color of the Project Explorer (section at top right) but I simply can't find an option that changes the color of the background of the main middle section!!

I also found out how to change the colors of the different types of fonts for each type of script but how the hell do you change the color of the background?!?!

Please help before I pull more hair out. :headwall: :terms:

(I need this because I can't see my cursor/caret as I move it around the script since it's black. And, most of the themes have a black background. I hate all the themes that has a light background.)
theholyscripture

Re: Simple Question. How to change the color in AHK Studio.

17 Jan 2020, 22:44

It can be done, but I can't quite figure out how either. If you go to tools > settings > theme > theme options > download themes you can check out some of the themes that may fit what you need.
BannerStore

18 Jan 2020, 14:47

hey holy,

I checked out the other themes and I really hate ALL of the themes that have light-colored backgrounds. I mean they all look bad! Don't you guys agree?

My cursor is invisible because it's black. And, the cursor is black because I'm using the popular El Capitan cursor set which includes a black cursor. If I try to change only the cursor's color, the entire El Capitan cursor set gets changed back to the Window's default.

I either have to pick an ugly light-colored AHK Studio background or an ugly cursor set that I have to see all the time. I guess it's an ugly light-colored AHK Studio background for me!
gregster

19 Jan 2020, 04:30

You could probably edit the Themes.xml (https://github.com/maestrith/AHK-Studio/tree/master/lib) file or do that even via the program itself: https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=300&p=181785#p181785:
maestrith wrote:You can always edit the themes in Alt+M Theme {Enter} and change the colors individually

Return to “AHK Studio”