Changing comment symbol and hotkey

Editor for AutoHotkey written completely in AutoHotkey.

Moderator: maestrith

DaveT1

Changing comment symbol and hotkey

26 Jan 2021, 09:17

For info:

When I started with AHK I used SciTE4AHK. I now mostly use AHK Studio. But I got used to the SciTE4AHK comment symbol ;~ and the comment line toggle hotkey Ctrl+q. So how to emulate this in AHK Studio?

1. Change Comment Symbol

In AHK Studio, hit alt+m for the 'Omni-Search', and search for @comment. Then click on Edit Comment Insert and change the default (';') to what you want. Once changed, comment toggling will no longer apply to any previous comment symbols you might have used (but does, obviously, apply to the newly defined symbol!).

2. Change Comment toggle hotkey

Alt+m for 'Omni-Search', and search @toggle. This will find Toggle Comment Line and to the right of this you should be able to see the currently assigned hotkey. I believe ctrl+j is the default. Continue the Omni-Search, but this time for @hotkey, and then click Edit Hotkeys. In the resulting dialog search for toggle, and select Toggle Comment Line - Hotkey - ????, and then use the buttons at the bottom of this dialog to re-assign as appropriate.

HTHs.

(edit: meant to mention @Joe Glines' vid here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpgxe7D2j5g&feature=emb_logo which does a great job of covering some of this)

Return to “AHK Studio”