Copy .pmc commands/lines to another .pmc macro file

Advanced Macro Recorder/Editor.

Moderator: Pulover

CreativiTimothy

Copy .pmc commands/lines to another .pmc macro file

29 Mar 2022, 12:38

I've saved a handful of .pmc files and had a case today where I wanted to copy some commands from one .pmc file to another I'm working on.

Enabling multiple instances allows me to see both .pmc files at the same time, but I cannot copy paste between them.

I've also tried adding multiple macros like "Macro 1" and "Macro 2" and tried to use the import feature to import the macro into Macro 2, but sometimes it splits the code and imports some of it into Macro 2 and some to Macro 3.

Opening the .pmc file in a text editor seems like a good idea at first, but there's a line number at each line of code, so it makes it difficult paste commands unless you're adding one by one, which ruins the whole point in the first place.

What I currently do is take a screenshot if the other macro or look at the text file of the .pmc while manually adding one by one line of code to the other.

Is there a setting in PMC to enable this?
Bathinda

Re: Copy .pmc commands/lines to another .pmc macro file

27 Mar 2024, 03:34

I too wish to import some of the macros from one file into another. Because there are some steps which are producing error. But I don't know which macro and which steps are producing those errors. Now to try hit and trial, I need to segregate all those macros in diff files. And wo such an export/import command, I've to manually create either all those files (with save as command for each macro tab) reproduce all steps in a fresh file one by one.

Help to export these macros tabs one by one was greatly needed.
Note: This program is wonderful, I always get surprised at the deep level of thinking gone in making this PBC program useful.
rockitdontstopit

27 Mar 2024, 08:04

Bathinda wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 03:34
I too wish to import some of the macros from one file into another. Because there are some steps which are producing error. But I don't know which macro and which steps are producing those errors. Now to try hit and trial, I need to segregate all those macros in diff files. And wo such an export/import command, I've to manually create either all those files (with save as command for each macro tab) reproduce all steps in a fresh file one by one.

Help to export these macros tabs one by one was greatly needed.
Here's how to copy and paste pmc code from one file to another.
1. Open the macrocreator exe program itself. Don't double click an existing pmc file to open it. On the menu click File > Open > your_pmc_file
2. Select code and then copy with ctrl + C
3. Now on the menu click File > Open or File > New
4. Paste using Ctrl + V to second pmc file.
5. Sometimes Ctrl + C and V doesn't work. If so try copying and pasting with the right-click menu after selecting code.
6. If you're copying and pasting code between tabs in the same pmc file, just open the file using the exe program.

VERY useful trick I figured out while using this program.
Bathinda

29 Mar 2024, 09:06

Wow Wow Wow

Very very thanks. I checked. It worked.

I'm astonished that even the PMC creator opined, I happen to read somewhere just after I created this post yesterday, that it wasn't possible (to copy the PMC code from one macro file into another).

Thanks again. This is great cavity or work around.
rockitdontstopit

29 Mar 2024, 10:11

Another tip is make sure you delete or unselect the code in the 2nd pmc file you are pasting to. If code is selected in the 2nd pmc file and you just paste code on top of that, it makes a mess. A ton data is pasted to the 2nd pmc file and it takes forever.
Bathinda

29 Mar 2024, 23:20

I'll remember to do this. Thanks.

Return to “Pulovers Macro Creator”