Pulover's Macro Creator v5.4.1 - The Complete Automation Tool

Advanced Macro Recorder/Editor.

Moderator: Pulover

macrouser12

Re: Macro Creator v4.1.3 - Automation Tool (Recorder & Writer)

14 Mar 2016, 22:59

just got an error after using it for so long, when opening the app i get

Error: 0x80072EE7
Source: WinHttp.WinHttpRequest
Description: The server name or ddress could not be resolved
Line# 3807:http.Send()
marcbea

15 Mar 2016, 09:04

Can anyone shed some light on how to execute macrocreator.exe with a script and pass it command line parameters. I've been scrubbing the internet for weeks to try and figure this out and I just can seem to find a self explanatory example.

I feel like its something simple ie. ( macrocreator.exe script.pmc "param1" "param2" ) and then the script should execute and loop through %0% parameters and assign them to my custom variables i've created in the script and carry on.

The goal is to execute this string above from excel vba with the parameters that are in the excel sheet. run the script that rdp's into a server at a time and captures what i need then disconnects puts it into a spreadsheet and then moves on to the next execution of the string above with new parameters.

Does this seem possible?

Thank you in advance for any advise you may provide on this topic.
Marc
Pulover

15 Mar 2016, 11:35

macrouser12 wrote:just got an error after using it for so long, when opening the app i get

Error: 0x80072EE7
Source: WinHttp.WinHttpRequest
Description: The server name or ddress could not be resolved
Line# 3807:http.Send()
This is from the update check. There was a problem with the server today, a friend and I are trying to fix it.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover's Macro Creator - Automation Tool (Recorder & Script Writer)
Pulover

15 Mar 2016, 11:38

marcbea wrote:Can anyone shed some light on how to execute macrocreator.exe with a script and pass it command line parameters. I've been scrubbing the internet for weeks to try and figure this out and I just can seem to find a self explanatory example.

I feel like its something simple ie. ( macrocreator.exe script.pmc "param1" "param2" ) and then the script should execute and loop through %0% parameters and assign them to my custom variables i've created in the script and carry on.

The goal is to execute this string above from excel vba with the parameters that are in the excel sheet. run the script that rdp's into a server at a time and captures what i need then disconnects puts it into a spreadsheet and then moves on to the next execution of the string above with new parameters.

Does this seem possible?

Thank you in advance for any advise you may provide on this topic.
Marc
You can read about the supported command line parameters in the help file, Main Window page. But creating custom variables from them... I don't think it will work. It's best to use COM to connect to the excel file and read the cells with it.
Rodolfo U. Batista
SnowFlake

15 Mar 2016, 15:59

i keep getting an error every time i run the program

picture:

the "check for updates on start" doesn't work and if i think it of then it doesn't show the error when i start the program again
:yawn:
Pulover

15 Mar 2016, 16:09

SnowFlake wrote:i keep getting an error every time i run the program

picture:
http://prntscr.com/afptox
Hi SnowFlake,

There was a problem with the DNS. A friend and I are trying to fix it. I'm waiting for propagation time to see if it's fixed.

That error is from the update check. It should stop when the site get back up, but you can disable it for now.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover

16 Mar 2016, 11:03

The update check error is fixed now.
I'm also trying to remove the warnings, but this may take a while.

I have finished coding the new version and I'm working on documentation now. I'm going to release it as soon as possible.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Cabid

19 Mar 2016, 09:55

Is there a way to play a loop in an IF statement later on?
For example If the statement is true in step 250 I want it to replay step 50-200.
I hope there is an easier way than to copy/paste 150 steps into the statement.
Pulover

19 Mar 2016, 12:14

Cabid wrote:Is there a way to play a loop in an IF statement later on?
For example If the statement is true in step 250 I want it to replay step 50-200.
I hope there is an easier way than to copy/paste 150 steps into the statement.
I'd put steps 50-200 in a different macro and use Gosub to play it when needed. You can call it anywhere, even inside the statement or loop.
Rodolfo U. Batista

25 Mar 2016, 05:30

Hey Pulover,
I've been trying to figure out a way to make Macro Creator enter tomorrow's date into a field but I can only get today's date with %A_MM%/%A_DD%/16. Any suggestions?
Pulover

25 Mar 2016, 07:54

Guest wrote:Hey Pulover,
I've been trying to figure out a way to make Macro Creator enter tomorrow's date into a field but I can only get today's date with %A_MM%/%A_DD%/16. Any suggestions?
You can get todays date from A_Now, then you have to use EnvAdd because it allows TimeUnits in PMC. Finally use FormatTime to get the desired format.

Code: Select all

[PMC Code]|F3||1|Window|1|Macro1
1|[Assign Variable]|Today := %A_Now%|1|0|Variable|||||
2|EnvAdd|Today, 1, day|1|0|EnvAdd|||Adds 1 day to the current date (in AHK script it can be "Today += 1, day")||
3|FormatTime|Tomorrow, %Today%, MM/dd/yy|1|0|FormatTime|||||
4|[MsgBox]|%Tomorrow%|1|0|MsgBox|0||||

In AHK:

Code: Select all

Today := A_Now
Today += 1, day ; Use "EnvAdd, Today, 1, day" in PMC 
FormatTime, Tomorrow, %Today%, MM/dd/yy
MsgBox, 0, , %Tomorrow%
Rodolfo U. Batista
Microsim

26 Mar 2016, 13:50

Hi Pullover

Would you be so kind as to check out this link and see if your automation tool might be the answer to what we need help with.

https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic ... 799#p77799

Thanks
Dave
Pulover

26 Mar 2016, 15:23

Hi Dave,

Yes, it sounds like something you can do with PMC. It reminds me of the boring routines I had to go through at my last job to make reports, those were the kick-start for me to create this tool.

I can't tell the exact commands you need from your explanation, but you can try with ControlClick and ControlSend (check out AHK help, it's very easy to create those in PMC) . If you can use control commands, window positions won't matter. If they don't work try normal Click and Send (mouse clicks are relative to the window by default, so position shouldn't matter either). The recorder might be useful too. If you need to move windows use WinMove. If you have questions you can post them here.
Rodolfo U. Batista
HinkerLoden

26 Mar 2016, 17:20

really great stuff - gonna test it out very soon. I like it to read the AHK faq and learn the all the functions. But for allready known stuff it is really good alternative.
Pulover

28 Mar 2016, 09:52

Thanks people. I'm now finishing the documentation updates and will record a few new video tutorials to be released together with v5.
Last edited by Pulover on 28 Mar 2016, 11:44, edited 1 time in total.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Yoshimu

28 Mar 2016, 10:29

Great,
i wanna ask for tutorial how use excel commands in PMC and how it works (i dont know if it's already, but i saw it on some screenshots)

I think I also know few bugs:
Since....hmmm....ever i guess.....PMC dont always save correct script. (My script has almost 1Mb, and sometimes it saves empty lines, sometimes it changes somethings in script.
I always check how much new version on my script weight, than check in Notepad if it's look ok. Than i make backup copy.

And other thing, when PMC crashes, it sometimes delete the saved file, which is open.

And one more question from me, what is location of backup file? (and i this back up file dont work correctly aswell) e.g in Options, clear history or "max history per macro" dont work?

Best regards.
By the way, Great work :) PMC is great :)
Pulover

28 Mar 2016, 12:21

vallorian wrote:Great,
i wanna ask for tutorial how use excel commands in PMC and how it works (i dont know if it's already, but i saw it on some screenshots)
Yes, one of the tutorials I'm planning will cover some basic situations involving excel and internet explorer, especially because v5 will use correct AHK Expressions syntax (instead of the current mix of expression and non-expression). I want to show how to convert recorded excel macros into ahk script as well (maybe in a written tutorial).
vallorian wrote:PMC dont always save correct script.
I have fixed this strange bug. It seems to happen only when you close an unsaved project and select Save before exiting. I've made a workaround for the method that have (apparently) solved the problem.
vallorian wrote:And other thing, when PMC crashes, it sometimes delete the saved file, which is open.
Probably when it crashes during the saving routine... I do experience crashes every now and then at random situations but I can't find a cause. The odd part is that I ran PMC in a Debug built of AHK for a week and it didn't crash once, so I couldn't find where or why they happen yet...
vallorian wrote:And one more question from me, what is location of backup file?
It's located at %AppData%\MacroCreator\~ActiveProject.pmc or at the application's own folder in case it's running as portable (when MacroCreator.ini is in the same folder as MacroCreator.exe).
vallorian wrote:and i this back up file dont work correctly aswell
Currently the project is saved to the backup file when you press the Play button, but I will extend this function to be called whenever any change is done. This should keep projects more safe.
vallorian wrote:e.g in Options, clear history or "max history per macro" dont work?
For what I tested here they both worked (in both v4 and v5). They are related to Undo/Redo operations only.
vallorian wrote:By the way, Great work :) PMC is great :)
Thanks for all the feedback, vallorian!
Rodolfo U. Batista
Yoshimu

28 Mar 2016, 12:28

vallorian wrote:And other thing, when PMC crashes, it sometimes delete the saved file, which is open.
Probably when it crashes during the saving routine... I do experience crashes every now and then at random situations but I can't find a cause. The odd part is that I ran PMC in a Debug built of AHK for a week and it didn't crash once, so I couldn't find where or why they happen yet...
Mostly in my case it happend when i turn the script on (press the keys to start script)

Thanks for other answers :)
If i remeber something else i will let you know ;)
Microsim

28 Mar 2016, 20:11

Hi Pulover

Thanks for the response, I am anxious to give it a try.

Trying to download from https://github.com/Pulover/PuloversMacr ... tag/v4.1.3

But Chrome is saying the exe file is malicious, I choose "Dissmiss" and chrome will download it but renames the file "Unconfirmed 826138.crdownload" the size is 2,470 kb.

Is this file safe? am I able to just rename it back to MacroCreator-setup.exe and run it?

Thanks for all you do!!

Dave
Pulover

28 Mar 2016, 20:32

Hi Microsim,

Yes, the file is safe. I was able to remove the warning from the site but I can't find a way to request a review on a file to google.

:arrow: Don't click on Dismiss, instead go to your downloads (Ctrl+J) and select "Recover file".
Rodolfo U. Batista

Return to “Pulovers Macro Creator”