Pulover's Macro Creator v5.4.1 - The Complete Automation Tool

Advanced Macro Recorder/Editor.

Moderator: Pulover

Pulover

Re: Macro Creator v4.1.2 - Automation Tool (Recorder & Write

10 Sep 2014, 16:51

datagoosie wrote:Alright no support for GUI. Oké. What are the options to include a .ahk scrip half a way where we add the GUI lines?

Do you think it can be done in a VB script? Difficulty is the loop I think. On the other hand we need maximun 10 rows, so we could shoot the 10 rows of data in a vb script, extract it there and create a listform there.

On the other hand it would be nicer if could the #include an .ahk script. What's the workarround for this part you think?

Thanks again,

Perry
There's the external function feature, with which you can run ahk script from pmc. But it's quite limited for your purposes, as it can only receive one string value in return. Maybe you should create what you need from pmc then export it to ahk and complement the script with the gui part.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover's Macro Creator - Automation Tool (Recorder & Script Writer)
Pulover

10 Sep 2014, 17:02

atownshend wrote:No not control get text, I am working with a program where the name of the control changes depending on where you access it and what form you are working with but the text associated with it stays the same, I want to be able to use the ...button to easily get the text of the control and recognize it that way instead of the control name itself. For example, a check box may be control "checkbox 34" when I access it remotely but "checkbox 40" when I access it offline, the text associated with the control eg "9-other" stays the same.
You could retrieve the text from all controls and check if the text is found. I have an example somewhere, will post here later.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Stinky_Sullivan

14 Sep 2014, 08:10

Pulover wrote:
Stinky_Sullivan wrote:I'm using an older computer running XP. I typically don't have any problems running PMC. However, if I close it then reopen it, my system immediately gets BSOD. I've tried it on 3 different systems, all P4's. I even tried it in Windows 7. I don't have to run anything. I can restart my system, open PMC, close it, then open it again and I get BSOD. It happens every single time on all 3 systems. Two of the systems have fresh OS loads. After BSOD, I can restart my system and open PMC and use it fine. However, if I close it and try to open it without restarting my compute first, BSOD every single time.

Any suggestions?
Hi Sullivan,

Thanks for reporting the issue. I did some tests on a VM with XP and it happened as you described. I'm not sure what it is, it could be a problem loading a dll, maybe I need to unload it at some time or do a check somehow. I'm going to need some time to test it better.
Until you figure out a fix, what platform can I run it on that doesn't cause BSOD?
Pulover

14 Sep 2014, 09:03

It works fine under windows 7 and 8.
Rodolfo U. Batista
xhui

19 Sep 2014, 11:42

Can you send mouse click with position to back ground program/windows without bring it back to active window?(know how to do it with keyboard clicks on autohotkeys but not mouse clicks) I watched all the tutorial video but still don't know how to do it...
technotron

21 Sep 2014, 08:32

Hi, I have some things to say about PMC. I'm currently using Windows 7 64 bit with PMC v4.1.2 portable.

First of all, this is an amazing piece of software. It's so much easier to create AHK scripts now and I can easily digest what the code is doing line by line. I especially like how easy the image search option is to use.

1. Image search when using windows coordinate mode.

I'm trying to control a windows in the background. Currently everything works (control click and keyboard) except for the windows coordinates image search. I set the region select to find the area and then I selected the image I want to find. On screen coordinates mode, if I try to find the image, the image search works perfectly. I can work with the background window without that window being focused.

If I try searching again in windows mode, it seems to search the window I am currently focused on. Say I want the image search to search a background window. Kind of like a 'control image search'.

I have 2 monitors. Monitor 1 has my automated window and monitor 2 has my browser.

So I'm working on my browser in monitor 2 while automating in monitor 1. If the automated window is currently focused when I activate my macro, windows coordinate image search works fine. However, focusing my browser window in monitor 2 will cause windows coordinate mode to not work with monitor 1's window. I have to use screen coordinates mode. I would preferably like to use windows coordinates over screen coordinates. After all, the coordinates won't change based on different monitor resolutions. I don't know whether that's a limitation of this program or not.

2. It's already been reported, but the lines of code in PMC don't update when you delete code until you alt-tab back and forth.

3. I don't want the PMC window to minimize when I activate macros. I unchecked the "minimize to tray" option in the options menu, but it still minimizes when macros are activated. It might be a bug.

xhui wrote:Can you send mouse click with position to back ground program/windows without bring it back to active window?(know how to do it with keyboard clicks on autohotkeys but not mouse clicks) I watched all the tutorial video but still don't know how to do it...
You essentially do the same steps with controlsending keys, except you do it with mouse clicks.
1. choose mouse command
2. check the Control checkbox
3. choose your mouse coordinates
4. click the "..." and right click on the window you want to get the control.
5. Then choose title or class
6. click the other "..." and right click on the window you want to get the title/class.

Test it on notepad first by triple clicking random text.
xhui

21 Sep 2014, 11:33

Hey thanks technotron! Look like I can't get the control on the program, it just stay blank. oh well.
Quorthon

22 Sep 2014, 06:29

Hi Pulover,

I tried to reach your website to dl Macro Creator but it seems that it is down.

Is there another way to get it ?
johnhill

25 Sep 2014, 20:32

Hi,

Found Pulover's macro a couple of weeks ago. It's complicated for me at first but after many tried I can said it is really good :clap: :clap: :clap:. Manage to get some of the commands into works. I like how the delay time incorporated into commands. The tab for macro really come handy for me as I can refer back to other macro without opening the new one and opening multiple macro is quick. It's more like macro management to me. And the tick/untick feature too. It's really helpful when creating new macro.

Some command is a bit confuse. Want to know if it's support to be like that. Question here is "Is this the correct way to operate ...?"

1) Like insert keystroke, I have to right click in the macro to get that. After insert there is no change of keystroke. I have to delete and re-enter.

2) Sometimes when I delete a command it seem like it deleting the wrong command. But switching between tab can "correct" this. (Accidental found this.) It seem like it is lagging.

3) When insert a command, the new command insert before the selected command. Is there setting to insert after selected command?

4) I come from Jitbit macro. Wonder if there is "play another macro" command, cant find it. This feature helps to keep the macro short and easy to check.

Appreciated all your effort and times. Good days to you.

Thank you. :D
yoshitweaky

26 Sep 2014, 18:19

Quorthon wrote:Hi Pulover,

I tried to reach your website to dl Macro Creator but it seems that it is down.

Is there another way to get it ?
same here, is there any where else to download the compiled tool?
Thanks
Tom

03 Oct 2014, 07:25

Hi Pulover
Is there any way for your Macro Creator to recognize buttons and other gui objects (edit fields, combo boxes, lists etc) on WPF/.net application?
Control command seems to be clueless and only find the main window, nothing inside it.
I was maybe hoping there is a plugin to make your great software work with the application i'm trying to automate.

Tom

03 Oct 2014, 07:57

You can also download the source here https://github.com/Pulover/PuloversMacroCreator
and by the looks of it simply run the compile.ahk script.
Trm

07 Oct 2014, 13:05

I hope this is not true -

The Macro Creator site is gone - all attempts at google and other resources show 'the page you are looking for cannot be found'.
I have tried two different browsers - the site appears not just down but gone.

Anyone with any information?

If true - I will miss it. Does anyone know of any other program that could replace it?

Thanks.
zhura

08 Oct 2014, 03:38

Guest wrote:You can also download the source here https://github.com/Pulover/PuloversMacroCreator
and by the looks of it simply run the compile.ahk script.
"ini file is missing!" :?:

08 Oct 2014, 14:23

"ini file is missing!" Ok so you need extra INI documents and probably software to compile it - but there is no need afaik, just run MacroCreator.ahk and it will work just fine.
MaxG

09 Oct 2014, 03:05

Hi Pulover,

I have come across your macro creator and I think you have done a tremendously good job. I love the image search and recording of the mouse. I tried AHK and find it to be a bit difficult. I found your Macro Creator and love its ease of use.

Anyway, I need help in my routine. I am trying to automate a data acquisition routine from a server. But the data that I need will take time to appear in the window and not always at a fixed interval. While acquiring data, the mouse pointer turns to an hourglass as it waits for the data to appear. Is there any command in the Macro Creator to wait until it turns to a normal pointer and then execute the routine that follows?

Please help me.

Thanks.
Pulover

09 Oct 2014, 06:53

Just passing by quickly to say that I'm sorry I haven't given much attention to this project and haven't answered questions for a while. I'm way too busy at work now, and I'm also attending to other side projects that are taking, and will take most of my time in the next months.

I'm trying to catch up with my schedules so I can find some time to reply to you guys here, and fix the issues with current version. The website is down because I had technical issues and couldn't find time to take a look on that yet. Meanwhile you can download it from Softpedia.

I would also like to find time to record more tutorials (and possibly redo the ones I've recorded with more time, and slower :) ), so please be patient. I'm about to start a big project and have to dedicate myself a lot for this to work, but haven't forgot about PMC. I just need more time before I can concentrate on it again (it's not easy when you're the only developer, y'know :P).

I appreciate all feedback and will reply every questions as soon as I can.

Thank you all.
Rodolfo
Rodolfo U. Batista
zhura

10 Oct 2014, 02:02

Guest wrote:"ini file is missing!" Ok so you need extra INI documents and probably software to compile it - but there is no need afaik, just run MacroCreator.ahk and it will work just fine.
http://clip2net.com/s/j3QGB8 :problem:
Pulover

10 Oct 2014, 05:03

zhura wrote:
Guest wrote:"ini file is missing!" Ok so you need extra INI documents and probably software to compile it - but there is no need afaik, just run MacroCreator.ahk and it will work just fine.
http://clip2net.com/s/j3QGB8 :problem:
Please, download compiled version from softpedia.
Rodolfo U. Batista
zhura

10 Oct 2014, 05:47

Pulover wrote:Please, download compiled version from softpedia.
:superhappy:

please post this link in first message of this topic :!:

Return to “Pulovers Macro Creator”