Pulover's Macro Creator v5.4.1 - The Complete Automation Tool

Advanced Macro Recorder/Editor.

Moderator: Pulover

zhura

Re: Macro Creator v4.1.2 - Automation Tool (Recorder & Write

10 Oct 2014, 07:52

by the way. russian translation mostly inadequate :(

"capture key state" - translated: "захват ключевых государственных" - actually: "слежение за состоянием клавиш"
Pulover

10 Oct 2014, 08:03

zhura wrote:by the way. russian translation mostly inadequate :(

"capture key state" - translated: "захват ключевых государственных" - actually: "слежение за состоянием клавиш"
Most translations were made automated using google. If you wish to contribute with corrections, please download the lang file from sources in github and send the corrected file to me via email or github itself. Thanks.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover's Macro Creator - Automation Tool (Recorder & Script Writer)
Dravokivich

14 Oct 2014, 04:34

Hi Pulover,

Do you have your tutorials published anywhere other than your website which is down at the moment?

Cheers

17 Oct 2014, 06:13

the image search function is not very accurate, did you use a lossy method like MD5 harsh ?
Pulover

17 Oct 2014, 08:28

Dravokivich wrote:Hi Pulover,

Do you have your tutorials published anywhere other than your website which is down at the moment?

Cheers
Hi Dravokivich. Yes, you can find them in youtube. I still can't fix website yet, but will try to put it back up soon.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover

17 Oct 2014, 08:29

Guest wrote:the image search function is not very accurate, did you use a lossy method like MD5 harsh ?
Hi,

It only uses AHK's built-in commands for image search.
Rodolfo U. Batista

17 Oct 2014, 13:27

Pulover wrote:
Guest wrote:the image search function is not very accurate, did you use a lossy method like MD5 harsh ?
Hi,

It only uses AHK's built-in commands for image search.
I guess I have to test samples then, hopefully I can finetune it, thank you for your respose. Keep up the great work
TotalBalance

21 Oct 2014, 17:59

macrocreator.com appears to be down. Is there another location to download the app?

22 Oct 2014, 01:35

@TotalBalance see the first post on this very page, click the softpedia image in the very first post.

@pulover: could you add a few links to your top post?

- Click here for softpedia
- Click here for the source code on GitHub

As you can see many people don't understand how to get it while your website is down.
Pulover

28 Oct 2014, 04:23

Website is back up, people! I hope to get back on dev in the near feature... ;)
Rodolfo U. Batista
topcat72

28 Oct 2014, 08:14

I have been using this program to put together quite a complicated automation package and came up with the idea of using notepad as a kind of progress tracker, i.e. notepad is opened and text is written to it as tasks are completed. But i do have one question and one (possible!) bug report.

First, the bug: the text i have set to be written to notepad (using "ControlSendRaw, Edit1, (LTrim Task 1 started.), Untitled - Notepad") sometimes capitalizes the first few character, and sometimes it does not. There doesn't seem to be any pattern as to when capitalization is applied and when it isnt.

Second, how would i automate notepad to automatically close and save the document without having to record mouse actions?
Pulover

28 Oct 2014, 08:33

topcat72 wrote:I have been using this program to put together quite a complicated automation package and came up with the idea of using notepad as a kind of progress tracker, i.e. notepad is opened and text is written to it as tasks are completed. But i do have one question and one (possible!) bug report.

First, the bug: the text i have set to be written to notepad (using "ControlSendRaw, Edit1, (LTrim Task 1 started.), Untitled - Notepad") sometimes capitalizes the first few character, and sometimes it does not. There doesn't seem to be any pattern as to when capitalization is applied and when it isnt.

Second, how would i automate notepad to automatically close and save the document without having to record mouse actions?
Hi,

You'll be better off using FileAppend command (it's among the commands in the 'Run command window') to write directly to a text file, instead of sending keys to notepad. This method is much more reliable. Don't forget to put a `n after each line.
Rodolfo U. Batista
topcat72

28 Oct 2014, 08:55

Pulover wrote:
topcat72 wrote:I have been using this program to put together quite a complicated automation package and came up with the idea of using notepad as a kind of progress tracker, i.e. notepad is opened and text is written to it as tasks are completed. But i do have one question and one (possible!) bug report.

Hi,

You'll be better off using FileAppend command (it's among the commands in the 'Run command window') to write directly to a text file, instead of sending keys to notepad. This method is much more reliable. Don't forget to put a `n after each line.
Thanks for the response. I did consider that, but having notepad open on the desktop gives the user a kind of visual guide as to where execution is currently up to. I suppose I could do both, write to a log that is kept, and use the onscreen notepad as disposable progress guide.
Pulover

28 Oct 2014, 08:58

topcat72 wrote:Thanks for the response. I did consider that, but having notepad open on the desktop gives the user a kind of visual guide as to where execution is currently up to. I suppose I could do both, write to a log that is kept, and use the onscreen notepad as disposable progress guide.
In this case you can also use the 'Paste on control' option from Text Command window. I recommend you use FileAppend to create an empty file, open it using Run and send ^s with ControlSend to save the file.
Rodolfo U. Batista
topcat72

28 Oct 2014, 09:14

Pulover wrote:
topcat72 wrote:Thanks for the response. I did consider that, but having notepad open on the desktop gives the user a kind of visual guide as to where execution is currently up to. I suppose I could do both, write to a log that is kept, and use the onscreen notepad as disposable progress guide.
In this case you can also use the 'Paste on control' option from Text Command window. I recommend you use FileAppend to create an empty file, open it using Run and send ^s with ControlSend to save the file.
That works perfectly, thanks.

Out of interest, would there be any way to record the system time at the start of each line, so that i end up with something like

28/10/2014 14:14 Execution Started?
Pulover

28 Oct 2014, 10:09

topcat72 wrote:
Pulover wrote:

Out of interest, would there be any way to record the system time at the start of each line, so that i end up with something like

Yest, with built-in variables: %A_DD%/%A_MM%/%A_YYYY%. Or you can use OutputDebug command along with DebugView.
Rodolfo U. Batista
topcat72

28 Oct 2014, 11:32

Pulover wrote:
topcat72 wrote:
Pulover wrote:

Yest, with built-in variables: %A_DD%/%A_MM%/%A_YYYY%. Or you can use OutputDebug command along with DebugView.
That works perfectly for adding the date, is it possible to add the time as well?
Pulover

28 Oct 2014, 11:41

topcat72 wrote:That works perfectly for adding the date, is it possible to add the time as well?
Yes. Please, have a look at ahk documentation for built-in variables to find all of them.
Rodolfo U. Batista

Return to “Pulovers Macro Creator”