PMC: How to make macros always ready to use?

Advanced Macro Recorder/Editor.

Moderator: Pulover

MarkItUp

PMC: How to make macros always ready to use?

15 Feb 2023, 16:20

Hi. I’m pretty new to Pulover’s Macro Creator, so forgive me if I’m missing something obvious. I have created some macros in PMC and I would like the hotkeys to always be active and ready to use from the moment the computer starts up. I have set PMC to launch when the computer boots up and I have checked the “Hotkeys Always Active” option, but even then, the macros don’t respond to the hotkeys. To use the macros (via the hotkeys) I have to first open each file in PMC. It seems like there must be a better way. Any suggestions?
gregster

Re: PMC: How to make macros always ready to use?

15 Feb 2023, 16:27

I don't know much about PMC, but I guess I would export the macros to ahk-files, and then place shortcuts to them into the startup folder:
https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/v1/FAQ.htm#Startup
nicoleahmed

21 Mar 2023, 13:27

Hey

You can make shortcuts to make PMC open specific pmc files
You can use you command parameters to have these play and hide the programme too
full details on command parameters here: https://www.macrocreator.com/docs/Main.html#command-line-parameters

The format for shortcuts is MacroCreator.exe [Filenames] [Parameters]

example:

This shortcut will open macrocreator with a specific PMC (onenote) loaded and the hotkeys ready to play
C:\Users\nicole.ahmed\Documents\MacroCreator\MacroCreator.exe C:\Users\nicole.ahmed\Documents\MacroCreator\Onenote.pmc -p

This shortcut will open macrocreator with a specific PMC (onenote) loaded and the hotkeys ready to play and the window hidden
C:\Users\nicole.ahmed\Documents\MacroCreator\MacroCreator.exe C:\Users\nicole.ahmed\Documents\MacroCreator\Onenote.pmc -p -h

You can then use shortcuts for startup or with the built in scheduler tool in PMC to run on startup
Philbo

19 May 2023, 21:44

MarkItUp wrote:
Hi. I’m pretty new to Pulover’s Macro Creator, so forgive me if I’m missing something obvious. I have created some macros in PMC and I would like the hotkeys to always be active and ready to use from the moment the computer starts up. I have set PMC to launch when the computer boots up and I have checked the “Hotkeys Always Active” option, but even then, the macros don’t respond to the hotkeys. To use the macros (via the hotkeys) I have to first open each file in PMC. It seems like there must be a better way. Any suggestions?
I am new and am trying to figure out how to initiate a macro that is open using a custom hotkey. So for example, if I have 5 macros open in PMC, can I assign each macro to keys 1 through 5 and have them start when I hit those keys? Thanks!
rockitdontstopit

20 May 2023, 15:25

nicoleahmed wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 13:27

This shortcut will open macrocreator with a specific PMC (onenote) loaded and the hotkeys ready to play and the window hidden
C:\Users\nicole.ahmed\Documents\MacroCreator\MacroCreator.exe C:\Users\nicole.ahmed\Documents\MacroCreator\Onenote.pmc -p -h
Hello, thank you for pointing out this useful feature. I'm using:

C:\Users\nicole.ahmed\Documents\MacroCreator\Onenote.pmc -p -h

in shortcut or task scheduler. It opens the specified macro, minimizes macrocreater.exe to tray, and triggers hotkeys.

However, if I use:

C:\Users\nicole.ahmed\Documents\MacroCreator\Onenote.pmc -p -h -a1

The hotkeys are not triggered and active after -a1 executes. Do you know what's going on here?
rockitdontstopit

20 May 2023, 15:33

MarkItUp wrote:
I have to first open each file in PMC. It seems like there must be a better way. Any suggestions?
This suggests to me that your have several different pmc files, all of which you would like to control with hotkeys after opening Pulovers. You should put all of the macros in ONE pmc files in different tabs. Then assign hotkey by right-clicking a tab and choosing "edit".
Bathinda

27 Mar 2024, 03:39

If at all we need to keep a macro tab open to make its 'hotkeys' active, then what is the use and diff of the option 'Hotkeys Always Active' ?

Return to “Pulovers Macro Creator”