Pulovers Macro Creator not working

Advanced Macro Recorder/Editor.

Moderator: Pulover

MarcusR44

Pulovers Macro Creator not working

13 Mar 2024, 11:26

Hi, I've been struggling with PMC WinActivate until I read a post saying I have to run it in Admin mode, even then, it does some really strange stuff. And it doesn't seem to port well to V2, pasting the code into a V2 editor and running it throws all sorts of syntax errors. Question: Is PMC still a live project supporting AHK V2 (Youtube tutorials are from 2016) and if so, can anyone here help me? Thanks! Marcus
boiler

Re: Pulovers Macro Creator not working

13 Mar 2024, 16:52

AHK v2 uses a different syntax, so code meant to work with v1 will not work with it. PMC was written in/for v1. However, someone did create PMC for v2. I don't have experience using either one, so I can't help you with the details.
MarcusR44

14 Mar 2024, 04:47

Thanks @boiler I appreciate your reply. So are there any other tools to help AHK users? it seems like such a good idea, did Microsoft kill it? The enthusiasm and development seems to have waned. If not, can you recommend any alternatives, I looked at AutoIT as that seemed to be recommended, but it won't run at all and there's no documentation anyway. Any help much appreciated, I just need basic cut/paste from a legacy package, nothing fancy. Thanks.
boiler

14 Mar 2024, 05:42

Microsoft has nothing to do with it. The author of PMC apparently just doesn’t actively support it anymore. Why try to use AutoIt? Why not AHK? AutoIt isn’t a “helper” program like PMC. It’s a programming language like AHK. AHK has plenty of resources, like the documentation (links at the top of the page) that includes a beginner tutorial, this forum which is very active, videos, courses, etc.
MarcusR44

14 Mar 2024, 07:08

Thanks @boiler When I asked if Microsoft killed it, I meant perhaps that the core functionality of Windows had killed most of the useful functions, but that's by the by. I've uninstalled V2 and PMC seems a lot happier working with only V1 on the machine, I use it to record the basis of the macro, then leave PMC to fine tune the AHK macro in Notepad++, running it as normal from the icon tray or hotkeys. I've established some vagaries with the XY coordinates in Client mode, but that's for a different post!

Return to “Pulovers Macro Creator”