Reloading list variables on restart

Advanced Macro Recorder/Editor.

Moderator: Pulover

sachalamp

Reloading list variables on restart

14 May 2024, 12:50

Pulover creates a notepad named "ListofVars" that holds all of the variables currently used in a macro. The notepad can be copy pasted/saved somewhere else but the problem i am facing is that if i restart pulover and try to use that old notpad, pulover program is not reloading it.

So on restart Pulover creates a new, empty "listofVars". If i replaced it with the old one, Pulover program will not see the old one, it will only see the new, empty one.

What can i do about it?
rockitdontstopit

Re: Reloading list variables on restart

15 May 2024, 09:49

Those are global variables for all macros. That notepad list is just a convenient way of listing all variables in alphabetical order. If you click FILE and LIST VARIABLES that list comes up.

If you want to add or change global variables go to OPTIONS > SETTINGS > USER GLOBAL VARIABLES. If you change, add variables there that notepad will be updated.

I don't really use that notepad because it has all the variables in alphabetical order. If you go to USER GLOBAL VARIABLES, you can group variables based on a specific application with a label like [EXCEL]. So all of your excel variables will be listed under the [EXCEL] label. Then add other label like [WORD]. The labels with be sorted alphabetically.
sachalamp

15 May 2024, 15:13

rockitdontstopit wrote:
15 May 2024, 09:49
Those are global variables for all macros. That notepad list is just a convenient way of listing all variables in alphabetical order. If you click FILE and LIST VARIABLES that list comes up.

If you want to add or change global variables go to OPTIONS > SETTINGS > USER GLOBAL VARIABLES. If you change, add variables there that notepad will be updated.

I don't really use that notepad because it has all the variables in alphabetical order. If you go to USER GLOBAL VARIABLES, you can group variables based on a specific application with a label like [EXCEL]. So all of your excel variables will be listed under the [EXCEL] label. Then add other label like [WORD]. The labels with be sorted alphabetically.
Thank you for replying. I don't understand if the user global variables have to be preset values or they can get modified by scripts. I was looking for a way to store the contents of durations calculated with a_tickcount so that i don't lose them on program restart. I figured a way to do so by generating notepads and loading them back and i have less than 100 variables so that is not an issue, but the main issue is that any stored tickcount is not useful anyomore after system restart. I found a better way to calculate durations using envsub.

The problem is Pulover seems to force delays for any action at 1000ms - envsub, filedelete and fileappend in my case. And this slows things down significantly. I did not find any way to change the 1000ms value. Do you know if i can reduce it?

Is the "user global variables" a better solution than export txt to store values after system restart?

Sorry i am very new to ahk and scripts so i don't know much
rockitdontstopit

15 May 2024, 16:05

sachalamp wrote:
15 May 2024, 15:13
I don't understand if the user global variables have to be preset values or they can get modified by scripts.
I believe global variables are preset values and can not be modified by scripts.

This kind of stuff you're asking. You should copy the ahk code and get help by posting the code on the general ahk v1 help forum.

Return to “Pulovers Macro Creator”