Pulover's Macro Creator v5.4.1 - The Complete Automation Tool

Advanced Macro Recorder/Editor.

Moderator: Pulover

vasili111

Re: Pulover's Macro Creator v5.0.1 - The Complete Automation Tool

25 Apr 2016, 01:24

DRAKON-AutoHotkey: Visual programming for AutoHotkey.
click-click

25 Apr 2016, 10:14

I don't see a difference in icon size when choosing between small/large icons. Go to View -> Icons size -> neither large or small shows a check-mark and the size doesn't change after resetting layout and restarting . I actually liked the old toolbar icon-set better than the flat styled ones used now.

Also, would it be possible to have an option to increase the font size for the app?. I'm not sure if Macrocreator is DPI-aware or not.

One more thing comes to mind. Is it possible to hide the start/stop/loop entries next to the toolbar(s) and the very bottom section (repeat, delay, etc.)? I've never used any of those functions and I did not find an option for hiding them..
Pulover

25 Apr 2016, 11:02

Hi vallorian,
vallorian wrote:I'm tryding to do "random variable" like in example, but in result i need variable which i can use inside "text", like this:
To use the result as variable, first you need to assign a variable to the function result, like this:

Code: Select all

1|RandCity|RandCity := |1|0|Function|||||
2|[Text]|Random city is %RandCity%... Next text...|1|0|SendRaw|||||
vallorian wrote:So is it possible to use function inside [Text] ?
To use a function directly inside a command, you need to make the whole parameter an expression, like this:

1|[Text]|% "Random city is " RandCity() "... Next text..."|1|0|SendRaw|||||
Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover's Macro Creator - Automation Tool (Recorder & Script Writer)
Yoshimu

25 Apr 2016, 11:12

pulover wrote:
vallorian wrote:So is it possible to use function inside [Text] ?
To use a function directly inside a command, you need to make the whole parameter an expression, like this:

1|[Text]|% "Random city is " RandCity() "... Next text..."|1|0|SendRaw|||||
Ok, How about multiple Functions/variables in one raw?
Is it possible?
Pulover

25 Apr 2016, 11:20

Hi click-click,
click-click wrote:I don't see a difference in icon size when choosing between small/large icons. Go to View -> Icons size -> neither large or small shows a check-mark and the size doesn't change after resetting layout and restarting .
Doesn't it show you a message saying "Restart the application to apply changes."?
click-click wrote:I actually liked the old toolbar icon-set better than the flat styled ones used now.
Well, I'm sorry but I like the flat ones... :roll: :)
click-click wrote:Also, would it be possible to have an option to increase the font size for the app?
I'd like to add that option as well, but that is not simple task to be done in AHK... Not with an app that has over 40 guis.
click-click wrote:I'm not sure if Macrocreator is DPI-aware or not.
I do consider A_ScreenDPI to adjust gui elements. As far as I can tell everything is okay for me when I change DPI.
click-click wrote:One more thing comes to mind. Is it possible to hide the start/stop/loop entries next to the toolbar(s) and the very bottom section (repeat, delay, etc.)? I've never used any of those functions and I did not find an option for hiding them..
If you're talking about the hotkeys you can hide them from the View menu. I've never considered hiding the Main Loop band, but I think I can add that option in the future. As for the bottom edit bar, that is not a real toolbar, just normal controls, and I'm not feeling really motivated to make any changes there because it involves the GuiSize label which is not so trustful...
Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover

25 Apr 2016, 11:28

vallorian wrote:Ok, How about multiple Functions/variables in one raw?
Is it possible?
Well, it is...

1|[Text]|% "Random city is " RandCity() "... Today is " A_DD " of " A_MMMM "`, and another random city is " RandCity() "."|1|0|SendRaw|||||
...but while testing this I've found a problem with Eval()... It will replace all occurrences of the function with the same result, so stay tuned for another revision soon... :|
Rodolfo U. Batista
Yoshimu

25 Apr 2016, 11:33

ok, i will also send you few things i noticed in this new version.
And also i started correcting Polish translation in Lang File, so i will send you when I finished or E.g half-finished :)

PS: this version, crashes alot, is there any error Log?
roedtraad

25 Apr 2016, 12:04

Hello!
Please forgive me, if I could have found a response to this question, I do not know how to search for it (and understand it)
I just started using Macro Creator today. Congratulations! It is very good! - I have managed to make som basic but very usefull macros already, although I have never tried anything like it before. But I Cannot figure aut how to use MouseGetPos.
I need to mark som text in a pdf-reader, then go to another window and click on something, and here is the problem: then I then need to go back and, while holding the shift key, click the same place, the cursor was before. - Can I do that in Macro Creator? - I know nothing about programming, at all. :roll:
So I need to get som coordinates from MouseGetpos, as variables, and insert them later, right?
:wave:

Kind regards
Majken
Pulover

25 Apr 2016, 12:18

vallorian wrote:ok, i will also send you few things i noticed in this new version.
And also i started correcting Polish translation in Lang File, so i will send you when I finished or E.g half-finished :)
Thanks, I'll be waiting.
vallorian wrote:PS: this version, crashes alot, is there any error Log?
It's AutoHotkey that crashes, and I don't know why. It happens at random places and when I run the source using a debug version of AutoHotkey.exe it won't crash, so I still have no clue.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover

25 Apr 2016, 17:55

Hello Majken,

Thanks for your feedback.
roedtraad wrote:So I need to get som coordinates from MouseGetpos, as variables, and insert them later, right?
Right, it's exactly like you said. Name the variables for x and y positions in the MouseGetPos command and use them in the x and y coordinates of Mouse command, enclosed in percent signs. Check out the video tutorials and examples in the help file to learn more.
Rodolfo U. Batista
roedtraad

26 Apr 2016, 09:51

Thank you Rodolfo!
I did the right thing, but the problem was, that when there was a click in a new window, the coordinates from MousGetPos were relative to this instead of the original window. :O) - So anyway, I changed the "orientation reference" to 'screen' - and it work perfectly! - Thank you again!

Kind regards
Majken
Pulover

26 Apr 2016, 10:15

Good to know you've found the answer yourself. But if you want to keep coordinates relative to the window, you just need to add WinActivate before the click.
Rodolfo U. Batista

26 Apr 2016, 11:30

Hi,

I started using MacroCreator and it is great tool. I have a question, given that I am still new to automation process at all, how I can connect specific Excel file, that contain data, to macro? I am working on project to connect, via macro, website PDFMERGE.COM to merge pdf files and in this excel file will be paths of files that I want to send to particular locations on the website. There will be unknown number of data like: in column A will be paths of files that contains the first page, in column B paths of files for the second page, column C for the third page and so on. How to make to go cell by cell? I suppose I have to use VBA code with prefix XL. according to tutorials you posted. If I am wrong, please tell me what to do. I will appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.
MARE19722

26 Apr 2016, 11:35

Guest wrote:Hi,

I started using MacroCreator and it is great tool. I have a question, given that I am still new to automation process at all, how I can connect specific Excel file, that contain data, to macro? I am working on project to connect, via macro, website PDFMERGE.COM to merge pdf files and in this excel file will be paths of files that I want to send to particular locations on the website. There will be unknown number of data like: in column A will be paths of files that contains the first page, in column B paths of files for the second page, column C for the third page and so on. How to make to go cell by cell? I suppose I have to use VBA code with prefix XL. according to tutorials you posted. If I am wrong, please tell me what to do. I will appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.
It is my post above. I haven't seen that I was logged off...
Pulover

26 Apr 2016, 22:56

Hi,
MARE19722 wrote:how I can connect specific Excel file, that contain data, to macro?
You can use the "Connect" button or a function, like ComObjActive() to connect to the most recent active excel instance, or ComObjGet(FilePath) to connect to a file.
MARE19722 wrote:How to make to go cell by cell? I suppose I have to use VBA code with prefix XL. according to tutorials you posted. If I am wrong, please tell me what to do.
You can use ActiveCell.Offset(y, x).Select to move the selection.

XL.ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select ; moves the selection 1 cell down
XL.ActiveCell.Offset(0, 3).Select ; moves the selection 3 cells to the right
XL.ActiveCell.Offset(-2, -1).Select ; moves the selection 2 cells up and one cell to the left
The Expressions window should be able to reproduce any COM expression example you can find on the forum. You can start here: https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=495#p495
If you have doubts about how to do something using COM, you should post on the Ask For Help forum as this is not about PMC specifically.
Rodolfo U. Batista
MARE19722

27 Apr 2016, 11:02

Pulover wrote:Hi,
MARE19722 wrote:how I can connect specific Excel file, that contain data, to macro?
You can use the "Connect" button or a function, like ComObjActive() to connect to the most recent active excel instance, or ComObjGet(FilePath) to connect to a file.
MARE19722 wrote:How to make to go cell by cell? I suppose I have to use VBA code with prefix XL. according to tutorials you posted. If I am wrong, please tell me what to do.
You can use ActiveCell.Offset(y, x).Select to move the selection.

XL.ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select ; moves the selection 1 cell down
XL.ActiveCell.Offset(0, 3).Select ; moves the selection 3 cells to the right
XL.ActiveCell.Offset(-2, -1).Select ; moves the selection 2 cells up and one cell to the left
The Expressions window should be able to reproduce any COM expression example you can find on the forum. You can start here: https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=495#p495
If you have doubts about how to do something using COM, you should post on the Ask For Help forum as this is not about PMC specifically.
Hi,

Thank you for this tips. Could you please tell me, if I understood correctly, when I put function ComObjGet(FIlePath) In Expression/COM Interface, in the Expression window, it is connected? And afterward I have to write additional code, also in Expression window? Thanks in advance.
Pulover

27 Apr 2016, 11:34

MARE19722 wrote:Hi,

Thank you for this tips. Could you please tell me, if I understood correctly, when I put function ComObjGet(FIlePath) In Expression/COM Interface, in the Expression window, it is connected? And afterward I have to write additional code, also in Expression window? Thanks in advance.
Yes, ComObjGet() will return the pointer you're going to use on the other calls. You can write XL := ComObjGet("C:\SpreadSheet.xlsx") in the Expression window or call the function from the Function window.

[PMC Code v5.0.1]|F1||1|Window,2,Fast,0,1,Input,-1,-1,1|1|Macro1
Groups=Start:1
1|ComObjGet|XL := "C:\SpreadSheet.xlsx"|1|0|Function|||||

Rodolfo U. Batista
Adorabla

27 Apr 2016, 11:55

#A little tip, give PMC Admin Right's. It avoids many problems.

First impressions of 5.0.1

It's clearly the Future of PMC -> Fast, snappy and lag free editing & recording of Macro's.
But there is also a lot of Hard work to do for Pulover.

Editing Macro's was easy and fast without Hangups or Crash's, but...
I tested my Macro's and noticed a very hard difference between the Playback via PMC 5.x.x compared to my script exported as standalone *.exe (ask) or via Playback in 4.1.3.

PMC 5.0.1 sometimes clicked and did things I've never seen before. Hard to describe it in detail :/
Maybe i have to think over my complete Macro's to make them fully 5.x.x compatible.

Noted, in 4.1.3 all Macro's are working as intended.

After all, Pulover you have my deepest respect for creating PMC, it's still awesome and i think you need more examples and time to Debug/improve the latest Version of PMC.
From the look and style it's simple year 2016 like, pretty awesome.
Maybe re-creating old Macro's in PMC 5.x.x leads to best results, importing old one's is some kind of tricky atm.

After all, a Software that i would surely Buy.
Thumb's up ! And keep up your good Work.
P.S: Your Internet Site improved a lot ! Great ! :)

Some things i noticed:

1. Maybe mentioned early'er -> Missing Drop-Down Menu

3. Pressing the Button leads to a sudden Interface crash of PMC while a Macro line is marked and Continue Playback in PMC is selected.
Pulover

27 Apr 2016, 12:34

Hi Adorabla,

Thanks for all the feedback, I really appreciate it. But you have to notice that nowadays I rarely use PMC at all. It was very useful to me when I worked on a company, but now I only develop it for the users, so I depend on their feedback to know about bugs.

I'd love to fix the crashes but I can't get any clue of why AHK crashes at all... it happens at random places and it won't crash when running on debug version. I've said that too many times by now...
If you can provide examples of the problems you've mentioned or know how to force it to crash, please let me know.
Adorabla wrote:1. Maybe mentioned early'er -> Missing Drop-Down Menu
Which Drop-Down menu is missing there? :eh:
Adorabla wrote:2.
Ehhh... Did you click at the blue cog button? I could not put a drop-down menu there because of the properties of that window, that's why I put the cog buttons to show them.
Adorabla wrote:3. Pressing the Button leads to a sudden Interface crash of PMC while a Macro line is marked and Continue Playback in PMC is selected.
What's "Continue Playback"?
Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover

Request for help with testing

27 Apr 2016, 13:24

Adorabla wrote:Editing Macro's was easy and fast without Hangups or Crash's
There's something you and other users can help me with.
I've been thinking for days about all the changes I've made to find what could be causing crashes and I just remembered that 4 months ago when I started working on v5 I downloaded and compiled the updated sources for SciLexer.dll. Maybe that's what's crashing...

The version I was using in v4 can be found in the Portable zip here :arrow: https://github.com/Pulover/PuloversMacr ... rtable.zip
Simply copy SciLexer.dll from the folder corresponding to the installed build to PMC installation folder.

I'll be waiting for feedback until the next week to know if the crashes stop (or at least become less frequent). Thanks everyone!
Rodolfo U. Batista

Return to “Pulovers Macro Creator”